ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer Thinks Wilson Firing was "Crap"

This year's team will be much better than then past two year's and it could be a winning season. Coach Allen changed Spring practice to work on fundamentals more and bring the team together. He said the competition really improved the team and I think they will be much better than Mandel thought, along with others.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU73
Wilson put Fred in an untenable position with his demeanor and habits away from the program.

Will be interesting to see what Kevin can do at Tulsa.
Fred made it tougher on himself with the extension while aware of his habits. The ugly allegations seemed to put the situation over the edge and Fred had to manage him out via a corporate mine field.

• Haha
Reactions: Jackskip23
Watch the Netflix special regarding Urban Meyer and the Florida Gators. It was eye opening for me. That guy is one mean SOB and puts his players through hell, toughens them up and plays with a chip on his shoulder. A very flawed individual but very good at the game of football. Of course, he had oodles of talent there and at OSU and got the max out of them.

Watch the Netflix special regarding Urban Meyer and the Florida Gators. It was eye opening for me. That guy is one mean SOB and puts his players through hell, toughens them up and plays with a chip on his shoulder. A very flawed individual but very good at the game of football. Of course, he had oodles of talent there and at OSU and got the max out of them.
He is also a POS person as he has shown. I am surprised his wife didn't leave him for what he did at the strip club. Not to mention the troubles he had at Florida before leaving and hanging on to his WR coach [at OSU] too long before it came out in the press. Yet, some want him at IU, no thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
This year's team will be much better than then past two year's and it could be a winning season. Coach Allen changed Spring practice to work on fundamentals more and bring the team together. He said the competition really improved the team and I think they will be much better than Mandel thought, along with others.
The truth is that a team could be better and not necessarily have a better record. If any of the traditionally challenged teams ( I include Purdue in that group) in the Big Ten do not post winning seasons this year what does the future hold for them starting in 2024 with USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington joining the BIG? I can not see schools like Notre Dame, Clemson or FSU joining the Big Ten. They will be reluctant to join a pack of schools the likes of OSU, UM, PSU, USC, Oregon, et al when at most three schools out of 18 might land a CFP berth. And, how many Big Ten schools want to add additional football Blue Bloods?

Reactions: vesuvius13
That is certainly the most logical reason why he was staying in the dorm - at least to me.

If he was expecting better accommodations, he should have fired his agent for not getting it specifically addressed in his contract.
Right, IU does not understand how big time programs
operate.

Reactions: kmathum
He also had a killer on the team, maybe Urban didn't know it at the time. Wilson got pulled of calling plays because the QB threw too many passes in a row letting Iowa pick off 4 INTs. After that Wilson helped design plays but wasn't allowed to call plays.

• Wow
Reactions: Jackskip23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT