ADVERTISEMENT

Two Recruits for discussion...

82IU

Freshman
Apr 30, 2016
Will Brayton Thomas (LHP from FW) and
Andrew Wiggins (OF/RHP from Indy) get drafted too high to make it to the IU campus? Any insight or guesses?

Seems like there's a reasonable chance we lose both of them, unfortunately.

Seems like there's a reasonable chance we lose both of them, unfortunately.
Yes, there is that chance with high profile high school players. Based on what analysts said, IU was fortunate to get Taylor and AJ Shepard on campus although Shepard missed all of the season with the injury. We certainly know what we got in Taylor.

There are several rankings out there, but I saw one that had Wiggins as the 35th best player coming out of high school this season regardless of position. It was a top 100 ranking. Thomas was not in that particular ranking, but being a pitcher, who knows how the MLB scouts see him.

I guess we need to keep our fingers crossed on those two.

Yes, there is that chance with high profile high school players. Based on what analysts said, IU was fortunate to get Taylor and AJ Shepard on campus although Shepard missed all of the season with the injury. We certainly know what we got in Taylor.

There are several rankings out there, but I saw one that had Wiggins as the 35th best player coming out of high school this season regardless of position. It was a top 100 ranking. Thomas was not in that particular ranking, but being a pitcher, who knows how the MLB scouts see him.

I guess we need to keep our fingers crossed on those two.
Thomas is in the 24 class, I believe.

Reactions: ptrich and 82IU
Personally I think Wiggins is going to get drafted very high and like the SS from Southridge HS (Montgomery?) who committed to IU he will not make it to Campus. Brayton Thomas will probably go high next year as well and the only way he shows up is if he has an minor injury and his stock drops. I think that is why we may have gotten AJ Shepherd this past year (not sure when he got injured). Don't wish anything bad to happen to them and can't blame them for taking the money and the opportunity. I would just love to get to see them in an IU uniform.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
This site has Brayton Thomas as 19th in their top 100 high school players in their early look at the 2024 draft. This list came out last month.

Reactions: 82IU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT