ADVERTISEMENT

Tuttle has committed to his next destination

Will he even see the field there . I don’t blame him for leaving , but I thought he would go where he would probably be the starter for his final year of college . Will probably be on the sidelines , holding a clipboard like this year . A big ? For me .

Will he even see the field there . I don’t blame him for leaving , but I thought he would go where he would probably be the starter for his final year of college . Will probably be on the sidelines , holding a clipboard like this year . A big ? For me .

Gotta know what the going rate for a backup QB is up at Michigan.

I hope he starts vs us.
Be careful what you wish for.

How many times have we seen second and even third stringers come in and light us up? He'd probably look like Tom Brady.

I agree that he's going to have trouble seeing the field but, if he gets an opportunity, he could capitalize on it. First, he throws a nice pass. Perhaps more importantly, he'd be working with a good offensive line for the first time in a while. He could be very effective in UM's system.

That said, and as others have intimated, it's surprising he didn't opt for a school where he'd have a legitimate chance to start from Day 1.

I think it might tell you more than that.
Tells me that despite having captains and a 20 (25?) player leadership coalition, we had/have locker room problems, to the point where starters and captains and depth players are all looking to leave.

But I could be wrong.

Nice guys finish last.
Runts eat last.
We are nice runts.

sigh

Be careful what you wish for.

How many times have we seen second and even third stringers come in and light us up? He'd probably look like Tom Brady.

I agree that he's going to have trouble seeing the field but, if he gets an opportunity, he could capitalize on it. First, he throws a nice pass. Perhaps more importantly, he'd be working with a good offensive line for the first time in a while. He could be very effective in UM's system.

That said, and as others have intimated, it's surprising he didn't opt for a school where he'd have a legitimate chance to start from Day 1.
He's terrible.

Tells me that despite having captains and a 20 (25?) player leadership coalition, we had/have locker room problems, to the point where starters and captains and depth players are all looking to leave.

But I could be wrong.

Nice guys finish last.
Runts eat last.
We are nice runts.

sigh
LEO needs to be more than just a catchy phrase.

If he was good or even remotely better than Bazelak, he would have played even with a crappy OL. Change of scenery isn't going to change his skillset. Barner on the other hand is a good pick up for UM. Dropped a few passes but I'm sure that was because of LEO....

Tuttle sucked. He is going to Michigan to be an experienced backup who won't play.
Michigan doesn't think he sucks like you do. He looked better than Bazelak before getting hurt. Williams was better on offense despite being regulated to #3 running plays on air. Bell didn't develop him but I don't think it was because he was the practice player coach Allen said he was but just giving Bell cover. It was clear Bell isn't a good judge of talent.

Tuttle sucked. He is going to Michigan to be an experienced backup who won't play.
This may be a New concept to you but other schools prepare their quarterbacks to go into the game if necessary.

If Michigan's quarterback goes down they don't go: " oh well let's wait till next year. And they also don't go "a quarterback went down and we had to put someone in who didn't know the plays."

Were you pleased when Michael Penix
left with 2 years of eligibility to create room for another high School recruit?

Michigan doesn't think he sucks like you do. He looked better than Bazelak before getting hurt. Williams was better on offense despite being regulated to #3 running plays on air. Bell didn't develop him but I don't think it was because he was the practice player coach Allen said he was but just giving Bell cover. It was clear Bell isn't a good judge of talent.
agree, i guess i don't get the trashing of the guy

i thought he was a good teammate, played hard, gave 100% effort in spite of circumstances beyond his control, etc.

if he was some sort of troublemaker......then.......

i wish him well

agree, i guess i don't get the trashing of the guy

i thought he was a good teammate, played hard, gave 100% effort in spite of circumstances beyond his control, etc.

if he was some sort of troublemaker......then.......

i wish him well
I'll try another take on this. If a guy is serious about his education ( as everything we know about Tuttle indicates that he is) he could do a whole lot worse than a grad degree from UM. So perhaps Tuttle saw an opportunity to get this free degree and be a part of a championship football program. Harbaugh saw a bright guy with a reputation as a great teammate and leader, who could learn quickly and bring experience and football acumen to the QB meeting room. And, in a pinch, be an experienced backup. It might be that UM is not expecting Tuttle to be a key player, and Tuttle is not planning to make a career in the NFL, so this is a win-win for both parties.
Not suggesting that I have any inside information, or that this is the actual scenario - just one that makes sense to me.

I'll try another take on this. If a guy is serious about his education ( as everything we know about Tuttle indicates that he is) he could do a whole lot worse than a grad degree from UM. So perhaps Tuttle saw an opportunity to get this free degree and be a part of a championship football program. Harbaugh saw a bright guy with a reputation as a great teammate and leader, who could learn quickly and bring experience and football acumen to the QB meeting room. And, in a pinch, be an experienced backup. It might be that UM is not expecting Tuttle to be a key player, and Tuttle is not planning to make a career in the NFL, so this is a win-win for both parties.
Not suggesting that I have any inside information, or that this is the actual scenario - just one that makes sense to me
of course.

and no reason for people to rag on him

i'd have done the same thing

good luck JT

Not suggesting that I have any inside information, or that this is the actual scenario - just one that makes sense to me.
This is more than likely the plausible scenario. A grad degree (that’s paid for) from UM is going to look good on anyone’s resume. He’s the emergency QB in a pinch, but this move is to better Tuttle for life after football.

Bell is in this until the ship fully goes down with Opie. He’s not leaving. The main problem isn’t Bell. It’s a clueless head coach who hitched his wagon to the friends and family plan. Bell leaves when Allen is gone.

Reactions: kmathum
Surprised Tuttle chose UM this early, especially with Harbaugh to Colts rumors! I’d like to wish him luck, but cant being that I despise UM with a passion!

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT