ADVERTISEMENT

Trump/Vance 2024

The person in the pic with Kamala isn't any more strange than many folks at a Trump rally. So the issue is not which camp has weird supporters...

The issue is which two candidates are weird themselve4s and on that front Trump and Vance take the prize hands down. And according to Walz, it wasn't him that gets credit for coining the term. It came from friends of his, including Republicans.

I hope she picks Shapiro, but a a second choice would be Walz. But either of them will absolutely tear Vance (or whatever his name is) a new asshole. Shapiro destroyed Mastriano so badly that a lot of Pubs in PA (some of whom voted for Oz) split their ballots to vote for Shapiro. He's got experience thrashing MAGA moron candidates.

Shapiro and Vance are both first term Senators, but Shapiro has been in public service for 20 yrs, including serving as AG of PA.Vance didn't even know if he liked Trump until he decided to run for Senate in Ohio (with Peter Thiel's money) and realized Ohio pubs were not going to vote for a never Trumper...
Shapiro thinks Harris is an idiot…and has called her as much to her face

She’ll get another bump from the convention. Trump needs to dump Vance. Maybe get shot again. Something.
Easy coach. Let’s not carried away. It’s the third quarter and they went on their run. We’re Dream Teamers…aka professionals. Now get back out there on the court, get a stop, and a score. Let’s gogogogogo

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
You are getting caught up in the spin cycle.

No one likes Kamala. There’s nothing wrong with Vance.
The media in concert will push her across the finish line. Look at the difference in polling spartan linked. Vance was a bad choice. Not only did he get nothing from it he got bad pub

Vance is a loser. He’s not even liked in the city he lives in.
I don’t mean to be judgmental Noodle but the day I weigh Cincinnati opinions with any kind of seriousness is the day I put a bullet in my brain.

It is a trash city from a time gone by.

I don’t mean to be judgmental Noodle but the day I weigh Cincinnati opinions with any kind of seriousness is the day I put a bullet in my brain.

It is a trash city from a time gone by.
Coming from a first rate idiot like you I’ll take this as a compliment. You have yet to post one intelligent thing on here and you expect me to give a rat’s ass what you think? As you’ve been told here before, GFY.

Coming from a first rate idiot like you I’ll take this as a compliment. You have yet to post one intelligent thing on here and you expect me to give a rat’s ass what you think? As you’ve been told here before, GFY.
How many handles are you on now? Maybe you should take the hint

See noodle’s and brad’s posts. Didn’t you say you’re in a small town? Maybe you don’t have much experience. Maybe it’s viewed differently in a small town. But your assertion is way off. As for bar. 2 in 30 years. 2 out of 200 at noodle’s firm. That’s less than 1 percent. You don’t know what complex litigation is? Multiple parties, complex subject matter etc. can be complex commercial lit. Mass torts etc. and no prosecuting county cases doesn’t compare to that shit. Lastly unless people are going into politics as noodle noted the students with shitty grades take that path. They didn’t go to school for 7 years and sit for a bar to make the salary of a chipotle mgr. those jobs are what’s left after you don’t get any second year firm
No, my assertion is spot on.

Working in a prosecutor's office (county, state, federal) affords a young lawyer the opportunity to gain quick, invaluable trial experience. These coveted positions are often filled as a result of connections and/or the influence of someone who's prominent in the legal community. Prosecutor positions can and are often parlayed into lucrative litigator positions, in the private sector, on the civil side.

I don't need to read anyone else's posts. I'm speaking from experience. You're not.

Working in a prosecutor's office (county, state, federal) affords a young lawyer the opportunity to gain quick, invaluable trial experience. These coveted positions are often filled as a result of connections and/or the influence of someone who's prominent in the legal community. Prosecutor positions can and are often parlayed into lucrative litigator positions, in the private sector, on the civil side.

I don't need to read anyone else's posts. I'm speaking from experience. You're not.
Lmao I’ll take my position brad’s and noodle’s over yours, along with experience. Maybe in Mayberry. People aren’t going from the county prosecutor trial docket to complex lit at Latham. It’s not remotely the same complexity. They train from within. Sure they may go to a solo guy but I stand but what we wrote.

And fed and County and city aren’t remotely the same. I dont think you have the foggiest idea what you’re talking about based on your experience in Mayberry

Last edited:
Lmao I’ll take my position brad’s and noodle’s over yours, along with experience. Maybe in Mayberry. People aren’t going from the county prosecutor trial docket to complex lit at Latham. It’s not remotely the same complexity. They train from within. Sure they may go to a solo guy but I stand but what we wrote.

And fed and County and city aren’t remotely the same. I dont think you have the foggiest idea what you’re talking about based on your experience in Mayberry
You’re good at making noise, but have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

A the three large firms I have worked at it never happened. I can't imagine someone even being considered for a civil litigation role in our firm coming from the prosecutor's office - unless, I suppose, they handled civil litigation for the county (which is in the prosecutor's office here).

On the other hand, we have hired from prosecutors for white collar criminal defense. Once came from the US attorney's office and was top notch.

A the three large firms I have worked at it never happened. I can't imagine someone even being considered for a civil litigation role in our firm coming from the prosecutor's office - unless, I suppose, they handled civil litigation for the county (which is in the prosecutor's office here).

On the other hand, we have hired from prosecutors for white collar criminal defense. Once came from the US attorney's office and was top notch.
I don’t doubt your experience but it is irrefutable that prosecutors offices are among the very few opportunities for a young lawyer to get into court and try cases, and that’s a skill that is very much in demand in the private sector.

She’ll get another bump from the convention. Trump needs to dump Vance. Maybe get shot again. Something.

You are getting caught up in the spin cycle.

No one likes Kamala. There’s nothing wrong with Vance.
The Harris base right here. And these will be the first people to go online next year and complain that they can't afford groceries, gas, rent, how miserable their life is, etc if she pulled off a miracle.

I don’t doubt your experience but it is irrefutable that prosecutors offices are among the very few opportunities for a young lawyer to get into court and try cases, and that’s a skill that is very much in demand in the private sector.
Sure. But the demand is not from large law firms on the civil side. Maybe small firms, PI firms, etc.

So a medium/big firm wants top ten percent in the class, law review or journal, as a summer hire. They like you extend an offer. Train you on discovery, depos, eventually be on a trial team, not first chair, groom you until it’s your time, then say no we’ll take the guy with shitty grades who tried 74 dui cases over at county and let him handle our mass tort trials? Stop it. That’s ridiculous

No. Asst County prosecutors usually leave and open a solo practice or go to work for a small crim defense firm bc the crim defense lawyer took a liking to him and gave him an opp to build a practice and earn more money. That’s where 99 percent of former asst prosecutors go. Solo or a small crim firm. Then from there they retire or a small percentage become a judge or US attny

If medium/big civil firms hire new trial lawyers they do so by poaching other similar firms not the county

This is reality

Howard Hastings flunked the bar. You go to the prosecutor’s office. You aren’t getting into a big civil firm

Last edited:
Reactions: BradStevens

I don't need to read anyone else's posts. I'm speaking from experience. You're not
So you're a lawyer. Cool. Where'd you go to law school? What market do you work in? Area of practice?

Your experience is not universal across all private practice areas or markets. Which area of law are you talking about? Insurance defense? PI? Which legal market?

Vance's move at the airport today (or was is yesterday?), going toward Airforce 2 and confronting Karmala is pure gold. Of course not going to change minds, but I have to give him the gold cajones award for this!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT