ADVERTISEMENT

Trump doesn't care about jury trials

Stuffshot

Hall of Famer
Feb 20, 2008
Trump surely knows this jury is not sequestered. He obviously monitors the trial of his campaign manager even though he says Manafort didn't work for him very long. He doesn't care how he may influence the jurors because he, well, opened his uncontrolled mouth. He should have saved these comments until the verdict is in. But he's not a statesman or patriot. He's just a selfish businessman with no interest in the public good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...e8-8e87-c869fe70a721_story.html?noredirect=on

Note well: Trump is clearly criticizing the prosecution of Manafort, because there has been no conviction or acquittal.

Reactions: sglowrider
Trump surely knows this jury is not sequestered. He obviously monitors the trial of his campaign manager even though he says Manafort didn't work for him very long. He doesn't care how he may influence the jurors because he, well, opened his uncontrolled mouth. He should have saved these comments until the verdict is in. But he's not a statesman or patriot. He's just a selfish businessman with no interest in the public good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...e8-8e87-c869fe70a721_story.html?noredirect=on

Note well: Trump is clearly criticizing the prosecution of Manafort, because there has been no conviction or acquittal.

I can’t get past reporters asking for the names and addresses of jurors. Are you f***ing kidding me? Yeah, please, let’s potentially endanger the lives of jurors and their families by some alt-right fanatics getting the info too. Great idea.

I’m also wondering what these technical questions are the jury is asking. The dude either f***ing lied, defrauded banks, and evaded income tax...or he didn’t. This is a document case. The lies are right there in black and white on filed papers...or they aren’t. This isn’t a case of “it was raining and I couldn’t really see the defendant’s face”.

Totally agree. How weird is that?

I can’t get past reporters asking for the names and addresses of jurors. Are you f***ing kidding me? Yeah, please, let’s potentially endanger the lives of jurors and their families by some alt-right fanatics getting the info too. Great idea.

I’m also wondering what these technical questions are the jury is asking. The dude either f***ing lied, defrauded banks, and evaded income tax...or he didn’t. This is a document case. The lies are right there in black and white on filed papers...or they aren’t. This isn’t a case of “it was raining and I couldn’t really see the defendant’s face”.

There are multiple counts, so the jury’s questions may only be with respect to one of the counts. They don’t stop deliberating until they’ve dealt with every count.

And what should we think about this: "Manafort's defense attorney Kevin Downing told reporters they 'really appreciate the support of President Trump.'"

Just in case the unsequestered jurors miss Trump's statements by the wrong Google search they can find it this way.

There are multiple counts, so the jury’s questions may only be with respect to one of the counts. They don’t stop deliberating until they’ve dealt with every count.

I understand that, but all the counts are provable by filed documents. Bank statements, loan applications, tax forms, etc. This is a pretty straightforward thing. This isn’t a murder trial where each side has 57 witnesses all telling different stories and the jury has to decide who’s more believable. I mean, it’s so bad the defense didn’t even try.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT