ADVERTISEMENT

Trump attacks (deceased) Powell, Is Trump brain dead or racist, or just that corrosive?

billyhillui

Junior
May 18, 2015
You know what they say about Trump, if it moves, he'll attack it, & he's now proved he attacks things that don't move.
God forbid he be nominated again (which ain't gonna' happen), but if so, you can kiss the GOP goodbye for a long, long time in POTUS victories.

Snapper >>> 45

:O

You know what they say about Trump, if it moves, he'll attack it, & he's now proved he attacks things that don't move.
God forbid he be nominated again (which ain't gonna happen), but if so, you can kiss the GOP goodbye for a long, long time in POTUS victories.

Snapper >>> 45

It's gonna happen. He will be nominated again, and he will declare victory before the first vote is counted. After Biden's 2nd win, he will declare victory for himself. When he dies, the last word he will utter will be "I won!'

Reactions: Bill4411
God forbid he be nominated again (which ain't gonna' happen), but if so, you can kiss the GOP goodbye for a long, long time in POTUS victories.

Snapper >>> 45

The things you mentioned are unimportant, inflation, gas prices, Supply chain. That’s important.

Reactions: Crayfish57
The things you mentioned are unimportant, inflation, gas prices, Supply chain. That’s important.
The things you mentioned aren’t controlled by the President.

And they’d be happening if President Trump were still in office. The only differences would be (1) he’d talk daily about how the stock market is at record levels, (2) he’d say this is the strongest economy ever, and (3) he’d just blame China to keep your anger focused.

And they’d be happening if President Trump were still in office. The only differences would be (1) he’d talk daily about how the stock market is at record levels, (2) he’d say this is the strongest economy ever, and (3) he’d just blame China to keep your anger focused.
Labor shortages are exacerbating supply chain issues and Biden definitely bears some blame in that.

Stop running around to every thread trying to absolve him, it’s pathetic.

Free cheese and labor shortages certainly contributed to the issues. we'll see if vax osha mandates further exacerbate labor shortages

Labor shortages are exacerbating supply chain issues and Biden definitely bears some blame in that.

Yeah, Biden has been garbage this past year. There is not one accomplishment that anyone can really point to as a "good job Joe" type of thing right now. Nothing. Even his wins he managed to turn into losses.

That said, this thread was about Trump running his mouth about the deceased Colin Powell. IMO, dick move. Just like it was a dick move when he did it similar things with McCain. I had political differences with each of those guys but there is a basic level of decor that Trump doesn't follow. Anybody who had a similar issue with those guys did not need Trump dancing on their graves as a reminder....and both of those people had enough positive they did in their lives to STFU...and even if they didn't, I am still of the belief that if you have nothing nice to say, you just keep your mouth shut.

It's gonna happen. He will be nominated again, and he will declare victory before the first vote is counted. After Biden's 2nd win, he will declare victory for himself. When he dies, the last word he will utter will be "I won!'
I just saw a poll out today, had Trump & Biden basically tied. However, since Trump is his own worst enemy, he'll probably soon start publicly attacking DeSantis, Cruz, Pence, Haley, Noem & everything (R) that runs/might run against him in 24.

Btw, if Trump runs in 24, he'll have to use his own money, big time this time. He won't have nearly the small or large campaign donor contributions he had in 2016, not even close. He'll never put up his own money to run again. = toast, even if nominated - - - - And, he'll have staunch/lifelong conservatives like the Reagans, Bush', Cheneys, ect., ect... doing public endorsements against him in the party primary & in the general election, & Turtle will help them/help fund them.

If 45 nominated

RIP GOP

Last edited:
Honestly, do you think Trump would be better for the party (R) Party, not (D) Party) & down ticket come 2024?

Why?

You are no more 'conservative' than I, but you don't have a forward looking/survivable vision for this party going forward. The person you want would destroy the party, from within, as he now continues to do. 45 = conman/fraud

Sincerely

From Within

They would be worse under Trump, much, much worse, & Trump would be blaming everything on everyone/everything but himself & his policies, constantly. Turtle will never let this happen, AGAIN.

45 < nomination

Yeah, Biden has been garbage this past year. There is not one accomplishment that anyone can really point to as a "good job Joe" type of thing right now. Nothing. Even his wins he managed to turn into losses.

That said, this thread was about Trump running his mouth about the deceased Colin Powell. IMO, dick move. Just like it was a dick move when he did it similar things with McCain. I had political differences with each of those guys but there is a basic level of decor that Trump doesn't follow. Anybody who had a similar issue with those guys did not need Trump dancing on their graves as a reminder....and both of those people had enough positive they did in their lives to STFU...and even if they didn't, I am still of the belief that if you have nothing nice to say, you just keep your mouth shut.
I'll say this, on our border crisis, Biden (& Harris) couldn't have handled it much worse.

Then again, Trump has lied from his first year in office, about how much new wall he has built, & continues to lie about it, & Trump took credit for wall authorized & funded under Obama. Not good/honest/'conservative'.

Snapper >>> 45

Reactions: meridian

We're human!

There is also growing evidence — both anecdotal and in surveys — that a lot of people want to do something different with their lives than they did before the pandemic. The coronavirus outbreak has had a dramatic psychological effect on workers, and people are reassessing what they want to do and how they want to work, whether in an office, at home or some hybrid combination.

Reactions: hoot1

As long as people are going thread to thread spreading BS, I feel compelled to call it out.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
We're human!

There is also growing evidence — both anecdotal and in surveys — that a lot of people want to do something different with their lives than they did before the pandemic. The coronavirus outbreak has had a dramatic psychological effect on workers, and people are reassessing what they want to do and how they want to work, whether in an office, at home or some hybrid combination.

Well that’s nice, but not everyone gets to have their dream job. Wake up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

Then please explain the government's role in the supply chain and what the Biden administration is doing that is exacerbating it so much.
I already explained this to you in the other thread. Labor shortages are potentially the largest driver of the current supply chain issues. Covid hysteria, vaccine mandates and expanded unemployment are all contributory to that.

I already explained this to you in the other thread. Labor shortages are potentially the largest driver of the current supply chain issues. Covid hysteria, vaccine mandates and expanded unemployment are all contributory to that.
And child tax credit monthly

And I already explained that a labor shortage existed prior to vaccine mandates and has persisted since expanded unemployment has ended. Covid hysteria is a value judgment on your part, and for the sake of argument let's assume there is mass covid hysteria, it predates the Biden administration by about 10 months.

*EDIT* - and you didn't explain anything. You just made claims.

• Haha
And I already explained that a labor shortage existed prior to vaccine mandates and has persisted since expanded unemployment has ended. Covid hysteria is a value judgment on your part, and for the sake of argument let's assume there is mass covid hysteria, it predates the Biden administration by about 10 months.

*EDIT* - and you didn't explain anything. You just made claims.
I think we'll get answer on the labor shortage issues soon enough. Expanded UE ended less than, what, 60 days ago? People's money will run out and they will have to go back to jobs they didn't like 2 years ago b/c bills gotta be paid.

I mean, I'm definitely living the dream of my youth here at my middle/upper management position at an insurance services company. When I was a kid I had the doughy white guy with a bad suit action doll (thank god we're business casual now!) and the "Build Your Own Cubicle Farm" with wind up workers.

I kid, but people will go back to work when they need the money. The tap has been (mostly) cut off at the fed level.

LOL. Biden has been garbage for his entire political career. What is that 50 years.

Last edited:
I think we'll get answer on the labor shortage issues soon enough. Expanded UE ended less than, what, 60 days ago? People's money will run out and they will have to go back to jobs they didn't like 2 years ago b/c bills gotta be paid.

I mean, I'm definitely living the dream of my youth here at my middle/upper management position at an insurance services company. When I was a kid I had the doughy white guy with a bad suit action doll (thank god we're business casual now!) and the "Build Your Own Cubicle Farm" with wind up workers.

I kid, but people will go back to work when they need the money. The tap has been (mostly) cut off at the fed level.
That's what you think, I've always got my OnlyFans page to fall back on 😂 😂 😂

Using Trump as an argument is very weak, The problems we are having is because of the left wing loons!

Most of the labor shortages seem to be from women who've dropped from the labor force and haven't returned. Child care is a big problem there, as a lot of child care facilities have closed and never reopened.

And then you have covid protocols that send kids home for extended periods that can pop up at any time. These are all basically driven by county level health departments.

Another secondary factor is people that were close to retirement age deciding to pull the rip cord now rather than hanging around for another few years.

Expanded unemployment has run it's course and is now expired. So whatever impact that had should be dwindling soon, if not already.

Most of the labor shortages seem to be from women who've dropped from the labor force and haven't returned. Child care is a big problem there, as a lot of child care facilities have closed and never reopened.

And then you have covid protocols that send kids home for extended periods that can pop up at any time. These are all basically driven by county level health departments.

Another secondary factor is people that were close to retirement age deciding to pull the rip cord now rather than hanging around for another few years.

Expanded unemployment has run it's course and is now expired. So whatever impact that had should be dwindling soon, if not already.
Early retirement is a big factor. These folks saw their retirement savings shoot through the roof and got out a few years early. Considering these are all Boomers, it’s a big number.

And I would bet the big run up in the market the last few years has made people feel more comfortable about retiring.

I'd add that a lot of people had drastically lower discretionary spending last year which means more flexibility to not take a job out of desperation. My wife took a year off from work to stay home with the kids and we still saved more than we had the couple years before that, which meant that we were in a comfortable position to decide when/if she went back to work based on what we wanted to do rather than feeling pressure. That's without any unemployment or stimulus money coming to our family.

Then please explain the government's role in the supply chain and what the Biden administration is doing that is exacerbating it so much.
Just what do you think the governments role is ? Anything that doesn't involve a competent leader that addresses actual problems? He sure as hell isn't doing anything to fix the problems. Meanwhile our transportation secretary has 60 days of maternity leave, not that you can really tell whether anyone from this administration is on leave or on the job anyway.

Snapper >>> 45

Very few people would argue that Trump is a truly horrible person who lacks compassion or humility. He's proven that time and time again for decades. The problem is that a big number of people apparently look at him being an asshole as a plus and not a character flaw.

Just what do you think the governments role is ? Anything that doesn't involve a competent leader that addresses actual problems? He sure as hell isn't doing anything to fix the problems. Meanwhile our transportation secretary has 60 days of maternity leave, not that you can really tell whether anyone from this administration is on leave or on the job anyway.
I don't think the government's role is to create production overseas.

I don't think the government's role is to arrange shipping.

I don't think the government's role is to hire truckers.

I don't think the government's role is schedule the trains.

If the government's role includes all of the above, then the government is in charge of the means of production, and that my friend is the literal definition of communism.

I believe the government's job in this context is to make sure the ports are open, the roads are paved, and there are train tracks.

But if the government is expected to do everything else to bail out the private sector for not being able to unload at the ports, or arrange trains, or hire truckers, then I never want to hear that Reagan quote about how government isn't the solution, it's the problem. That's quaint fortune cookie wisdom, but sure appears that every time private business is doing well they tell the government to butt out, government sucks, and they'll handle it. And every time private business is in trouble they run to the government for help or a bailout.

Those are my words.

I don't think the government's role is to create production overseas.

I don't think the government's role is to arrange shipping.

I don't think the government's role is to hire truckers.

I don't think the government's role is schedule the trains.

If the government's role includes all of the above, then the government is in charge of the means of production, and that my friend is the literal definition of communism.

I believe the government's job in this context is to make sure the ports are open, the roads are paved, and there are train tracks.

But if the government is expected to do everything else to bail out the private sector for not being able to unload at the ports, or arrange trains, or hire truckers, then I never want to hear that Reagan quote about how government isn't the solution, it's the problem. That's quaint fortune cookie wisdom, but sure appears that every time private business is doing well they tell the government to butt out, government sucks, and they'll handle it. And every time private business is in trouble they run to the government for help or a bailout.

Those are my words.
Part of the problem is the US ports but that's a been a problem for a long time according to this.

I think the follow sums up the problem pretty good but you can't blame that on any one president.
"not one U.S. port ranked in the top 50 global ports in terms of getting a ship in and out of a port (see flowchart below), using either a “statistical approach” measuring efficiency and finances or an “administrative approach” reflecting expert knowledge and judgment. The highest ranked U.S. port (statistically) was Philadelphia at 83, with Virginia close behind at 85 and NY/NJ at 89. Oakland came in at 332, while LA/LB ranked a dismal 328 and 333, respectively."

Part of the problem is the US ports but that's a been a problem for a long time according to this.

I think the follow sums up the problem pretty good but you can't blame that on any one president.
"not one U.S. port ranked in the top 50 global ports in terms of getting a ship in and out of a port (see flowchart below), using either a “statistical approach” measuring efficiency and finances or an “administrative approach” reflecting expert knowledge and judgment. The highest ranked U.S. port (statistically) was Philadelphia at 83, with Virginia close behind at 85 and NY/NJ at 89. Oakland came in at 332, while LA/LB ranked a dismal 328 and 333, respectively."
Maybe we should pass a huge Infrastructure Bil.........nevermind.

Says the guy who doesn’t think enough of this site to be a premium member!
About our labor shortages, immigration & the border:

It's one thing to let in people who are work ready/capable when they enter America.

It's insane to keep letting in yearly, tens of thousands of people who, don't/can't speak English, have no work skills/history, & need gov./taxpayer support for them & their kids to survive. Let some of these people in each year, but not tens of thousands (need to stick to our lottery #s, & NOT go over every year). Btw, these people are now being let in , NOT processed, NOT checked for Covid & other diseases, & just dumped on our doorsteps, all over America.

Keep it up

CCCP > USSA :O

Reactions: meridian
Very few people would argue that Trump is a truly horrible person who lacks compassion or humility. He's proven that time and time again for decades. The problem is that a big number of people apparently look at him being an asshole as a plus and not a character flaw.
Sad/sick, but true. Those are the dangerous ones. Fortunately, their #s are diminishing, & Trump might get nominated, but will never be POTUS again. McConnell will see to that. He screwed up picking Trump over Cruz in 2016, & that won't ever happen again.

Btw, Manchin saying $1.45 trillion budget, or he goes independent. Trump had the same problems. These presidential nominees/candidates promise big before elections, & deliver very little of what they promised post election, every time. Pie in the sky.

Snapper >>> 45

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT