ADVERTISEMENT

Trump at Arlington National yesterday.

UTFO

Hall of Famer
Feb 2, 2004
Taking pics, making vids, giving thumbs up....w our nation's bravest as a backdrop. Breaking rules, written and unwritten. Shame.

Get your new NFTs, fellas. They'll sell out quickly. My favs are the one of Trump dancing and the one where he's shooting a lightning bolt.

Trump reaffirms that he's an embarrassment, almost every day.

Harris is introducing herself as an embarrassment, basically whenever she appears in public.

Why isn't there someone out there with the fiber and tact to just go visit, follow the usual protocol, and actually just pay their respects?

Grandpa Joe wasn’t doddering around drooling on the tombstones because he wasn’t invited.

It says a lot about what “our nations bravest” think of Joe that they invited Trump and not him.
What a weird take. Maybe Joe Biden wasn't at Arlington National Cemetery yesterday, but he's been there plenty of times to commemorate certain events and to mark special occasions. Without looking it up, I'd guess he was there at least as recently as Memorial Day, if not more recently.

Reactions: sobester
What a weird take. Maybe Joe Biden wasn't at Arlington National Cemetery yesterday, but he's been there plenty of times to commemorate certain events and to mark special occasions. Without looking it up, I'd guess he was there at least as recently as Memorial Day, if not more recently.
What a weird response.

I didn’t say anything about how often Joe goes.

I just commented on why he wasn’t there that day.

What a weird response.

I didn’t say anything about how often Joe goes.

I just commented on why he wasn’t there that day.
You don't know why he wasn't there yesterday. I highly doubt that it was because 'he wasn't invited.' I was pointing out that he's invited frequently/recently.

It's weird to think that the people charged with planning memorial or commemorative events at Arlington National Cemetery wouldn't think inviting a sitting US president to one of those events.

You don't know why he wasn't there yesterday. I highly doubt that it was because 'he wasn't invited.' I was pointing out that he's invited frequently/recently.

It's weird to think that the people charged with planning memorial or commemorative events at Arlington National Cemetery wouldn't think inviting a sitting US president to one of those events.
“White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby indicated that Biden and Harris did not attended the Arlington commemoration because they weren’t invited.”

“There are many ways that we as a nation and our leaders can observe the third anniversary of Abbey Gate and Mr. Trump was invited by at least one — I think maybe several — of the families to lay a wreath at Arlington, and that is certainly a way to recognize the sacrifice and the loss,” Kirby said.

“But it was a personal invitation by families,” he added”

“White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby indicated that Biden and Harris did not attended the Arlington commemoration because they weren’t invited.”

Well there you go. I stand corrected.

I have no idea why they would invite Trump and not Biden/Harris. That seems to me like over politicizing the memorializing of fallen veterans and - as it turned out - a huge embarrassment with the way Trump behaved.

Honest question. Do they typically invite the president or does the president just tell them he is coming?

Why would the commander and chief need an invite to a military facility? I'm not making a argument for anyone here. Asking an honest question that I do not know.

Regardless, leave the cameras and thumbs up at home.

I have no idea why they would invite Trump and not Biden/Harris. That seems to me like over politicizing the memorializing of fallen veterans and - as it turned out - a huge embarrassment with the way Trump behaved.
I imagine it was more of a disapproval with the way the withdrawal was handled being expressed by the families.

Honest question. Do they typically invite the president or does the president just tell them he is coming?

Why would the commander and chief need an invite to a military facility? I'm not making a argument for anyone here. Asking an honest question that I do not know.

Regardless, leave the cameras and thumbs up at home.
I have no idea on that.

Trump reaffirms that he's an embarrassment, almost every day.

Harris is introducing herself as an embarrassment, basically whenever she appears in public.

Why isn't there someone out there with the fiber and tact to just go visit, follow the usual protocol, and actually just pay their respects?
Why the need to bring up Harris? She had nothing to do with Trump's behavior at Arlington.

Thinking Harris doesn't have a likeable personality is quite a bit different than the crap Trump does on a somewhat regular basis.

Edit: Sorry didn't realize CO brought her up first with a false yabbut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohio Guy

If it was to commemorate the 13 that were killed at Abbey Gate it's obvious why they weren't invited. Biden/ Harris decisions got them killed and they've behaved abhorrently in the aftermath. Going as far as to say "No soldiers have died on my watch" and check your watch as caskets are offloaded at Dover.

I imagine it was more of a disapproval with the way the withdrawal was handled being expressed by the families.
Hmm - I don't know. I'm not a veteran, but have friends who do a lot with Arlington National Cemetery and volunteer there a good amount. Politicizing any type of event there has always seemed to be a third rail they just wouldn't touch.

All that to say that it still doesn't justify inviting Trump for what essentially was a campaign stop.

Why the need to bring up Harris? She had nothing to do with Trump's behavior at Arlington.

Thinking Harris doesn't have a likeable personality is quite a bit different than the crap Trump does on a somewhat regular basis.
I'm thinking North doesn't realize that CO's (post #3) "source" is the Babylon Bee, a parody news and satire website.

Man you get triggered easily. Gotta be a rough life.

Taking pics, making vids, giving thumbs up....w our nation's bravest as a backdrop. Breaking rules, written and unwritten. Shame.

Get your new NFTs, fellas. They'll sell out quickly. My favs are the one of Trump dancing and the one where he's shooting a lightning bolt.

Donald Trump has a remarkable knack for finding new ways to be tacky and gauche.

Last edited:

Edit: Sorry didn't realize CO brought her up first with a false yabbut.
Harris is unlikable to most people now. Imagine what will happen when she comes out of hiding. She’s plateaued. It all downhill for her from here. Which anyone with a brain cell knew would happen. She’s a cackling fool. A dunce.

Grandpa Joe wasn’t doddering around drooling on the tombstones because he wasn’t invited.

It says a lot about what “our nations bravest” think of Joe that they invited Trump and not him.
That did not happen because it wasn’t an official military or Arlington event. Of course he wasn’t invited because of what “what our nation’s bravest” (weird use of quotes there) think of him. You either made that up yourself or listened to an idiot that made it up. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again because it’s true, and a MilTimes poll confirms it, Trump was the least popular of all Republican Presidents since 1980.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Hmm - I don't know. I'm not a veteran, but have friends who do a lot with Arlington National Cemetery and volunteer there a good amount. Politicizing any type of event there has always seemed to be a third rail they just wouldn't touch.

All that to say that it still doesn't justify inviting Trump for what essentially was a campaign stop.

I agree. But, let's face it, every single public appearance that every single politician makes is, in effect, a campaign appearance. You can't separate the politicians from the politics. And I don't even mean that disparagingly. It just comes with the territory.

That said, most seasoned politicians are pretty good about not making it obvious.

Man you get triggered easily. Gotta be a rough life.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was surprised to hear that the sitting US president wasn't invited to something at Arlington National Cemetery. I asked a question and said I was surprised by it. Sorry for speaking up and being curious about something.

At the end of the day whether or not Joe Biden was invited or not has little-to-no impact on my day. And for what it's worth, I have a pretty good effing life, Ty.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was surprised to hear that the sitting US president wasn't invited to something at Arlington National Cemetery. I asked a question and said I was surprised by it. Sorry for speaking up and being curious about something.

At the end of the day whether or not Joe Biden was invited or not has little-to-no impact on my day. And for what it's worth, I have a pretty good effing life, Ty.
Because Joe and Kamala are effing frauds.

Any political event is inappropriate at Arlington. Should be done elsewhere. It’s a violation of the law for any military personnel to attend a Presidential candidate’s political event in uniform.

Last edited:
Harris is unlikable to most people now. Imagine what will happen when she comes out of hiding. She’s plateaued. It all downhill for her from here. Which anyone with a brain cell knew would happen. She’s a cackling fool. A dunce.
You should think twice before calling anyone a dunce. She’s viewed more favorably and less unfavorably than Trump who is so deeply unpopular his ceiling for vote percentage is probably about 44-45 percent. He has no chance to become more popular or less unpopular - it’s baked in at this point.

That political event is inappropriate at Arlington. Should be done elsewhere. It’s a violation of the law for any military personnel to attend a Presidential candidate’s political event in uniform.

All true. But, again, it's a matter of semantics.

If a politician is at an event and cameras are there, it's a political event. I'm sure there are some formal distinctions in law. But I'm just talking in practical terms.

If President Biden had gone there and acted precisely as we would expect presidents to act at such solemn occasions...it still would've been a political event, even if it might not meet any formal definition of that, and even though he's no longer running for reelection.

Could it be that they didn't appreciate Joe checking his watch while the bodies were being unloaded?

That did not happen because it wasn’t an official military or Arlington event. Of course he wasn’t invited because of what “what our nation’s bravest” (weird use of quotes there) think of him. You either made that up yourself or listened to an idiot that made it up. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again because it’s true, and a MilTimes poll confirms it, Trump was the least popular of all Republican Presidents since 1980.
I’m not sure what you’re babbling about but I used “our nations bravest” because that’s what UTFO used in the original post.

It was the families of soldiers killed in the line of duty.

I would think they can invite whoever the hell they want.

It was the families of soldiers killed in the line of duty.

I would think they can invite whoever the hell they want.
For sure.

It still strikes me as odd that they'd invite a guy who has disrespected fallen veterans, POWs and the military in general. But to your point, invite whoever you want.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT