ADVERTISEMENT

Troubling Trend

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
It's one thing to lose to a better team. It's quite another to get blown out, and look like we didn't even come to play. This is the second game in the last three weeks where we failed to show up. We had enough talent to overcome it against a bad Rutgers team, but we were exposed today by an Iowa team that made us look like we didn't even belong on the same field.

I have been, and remain, a big Tom Allen fan. But bad tackling, inopportune penalties, and a lack of discipline on the sideline all come back to the coaching staff.

Also, I'm looking for- - but am having trouble finding - - the enhanced strength and speed we heard so much about over the summer.

This season can still be salvaged, but we're going to need a much better effort in order to come up with two additional wins.

Reactions: IUCol
If this year teaches us anything I hope it’s not to blindly believe all the BS S&C hype that’s put out every year. Sadly, I assume it will be the same ol same ol next summer.

Reactions: IUgradman
If this year teaches us anything I hope it’s not to blindly believe all the BS S&C hype that’s put out every year. Sadly, I assume it will be the same ol same ol next summer.
Well, no, it's not put out every year. This year was the first with Ballou and Rhea so, understandably, there was more than a little intrigue.

Reactions: skippy1813
Well, no, it's not put out every year. This year was the first with Ballou and Rhea so, understandably, there was more than a little intrigue.
It happens every time a new S&C coach is hired.

And it wasn’t intrigue. It was demanding that it will drastically impact the number of games we win. If anyone questioned it and wanted to see the results first they were labeled as someone who knows nothing about football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT