ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Galloway

Hornsby was a Top 100 recruit. He played 25 minutes per game (4th most) on the team that played for the title. Horny hit 10 of 17 three pointers vs Kent St., Oklahoma and Maryland. He had 16 points and 7 assists in the Elite Eight game. Dude is a bit underappreciated imo, but was 100% baller!

Nothing wrong with celebrating a recruit like Kyle Hornsby
I always feel better when I think about Hornsby. Thanks! :)

My opinion was that Attucks appeared to be pretty athletic. Yet Trey was almost unstoppable. Now we are talking about the High School level. But It seemed to me that he was very good.
But i read he is a poor shooter. Is that true?

Here’s the bottom line Galloway isn’t nearly the player Damon Bailey was if Damon Bailey were coming to IU next year what would your expectations b?? That might help u keep things in perspective
Damon was more of a scorer and posted up players taller than him. Galloway's focus is not scoring even though he had 35 pts in a win against Crispus Attucks.

Here’s the bottom line Galloway isn’t nearly the player Damon Bailey was if Damon Bailey were coming to IU next year what would your expectations b?? That might help u keep things in perspective[/QUOT Damon was great high school basketball as far as college he was good but didn't live up to expectations. Trey may be as good as Bailey in college or better hes bigger maybe faster has high IQ for game like Bailey,outside shooting could be his weakness also from ft line he need to improve.

Last edited:
Neither did Shawn Kemp.
Lol

Your point?

I'm just pointing out, statistically, there are other players that have had better years than Galloway.

I like Galloway, but that wrist injury really killed any chance he had at that award.

Your point?

I'm just pointing out, statistically, there are other players that have had better years than Galloway.

I like Galloway, but that wrist injury really killed any chance he had at that award.
Statistics are not the deciding factor for Mr. BB.

Statistics are not the deciding factor for Mr. BB.

They go a long way in deciding it though.

Leal is having a better year. Nijel Pack is having a better year. They're probably the two kids leading the way right now.

If so, then Luke Brown will win Indiana Mr. BB in 2021 and not Furst, Lander, Kaufman, Wesley, Jacobi

Luke Brown has a chance to win it. There's no denying it. He'll finish top 3 i bet.

Just because you don't go to a power five school doesn't mean you don't have a chance at the Mr. Basketball award.

Reactions: Sassy61
He also air balled a free throw. His free throw shooting leaves a lot to be desired.

I do think his upside outweighs his glaring weaknesses. I just hope he doesn't regress under Archie which seems to happen every so often with decent incoming recruits (Anderson, Forrester)
He has been playing with a fractured wrist on his right hand.

Actually Galloway is bigger and longer than Damon. Not as good of a shooter, but a better defender, rebounder.

Hmmmmm....I've seen your scouting reports & conclusions before........Romeo & Damezi come to mind. And Franklin was going to be this year's back-up PG.

I like Galloway, but comparing him favorably to DB..........nah

I do think he's a very good recruit and will be a great ROLE player, same with the other 2 we have coming, it's solid but we need a star. It's like celebrating the recruitment of Kyle Horsnby and Luke Jiminez
dumb

Reactions: Radio Zero
Luke Brown has a chance to win it. There's no denying it. He'll finish top 3 i bet.

Just because you don't go to a power five school doesn't mean you don't have a chance at the Mr. Basketball award.
Cool hand Luke just passed Yogi Ferrell 1853 has four more reg games a least 2000 point i dont care what level your play also 8.7 assists a game another year not to shabby.

Hmmmmm....I've seen your scouting reports & conclusions before........Romeo & Damezi come to mind. And Franklin was going to be this year's back-up PG.

Romeo is still the best Sophomore HS player that I have seen in Indiana

Defensively yes.
I never said I was comparing Damon to Galloway offensively, they are completely different players offensively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT