ADVERTISEMENT

Trevon Blueitt 17 points, 9 rebounds in 8pt win over Wake Forest

ufo33

Hall of Famer
Jul 7, 2005
Instead of Crean recruiting one of the best in-state scorers in Blueitt, Yogi's HS teammate, we get D. Davis, Hanner, Stan, Emiitt, Austin, Priller. Xavier is ranked #6 and IU under Crean year 8 is unranked and lost to Wake Forest with 3 McDonalds HS All-Americans on the IU roster, while Xavier has 0. But Xavier has skilled basketball players like Blueitt who not only put the ball in the basket but play defense, and coaching that prepares them to play team basketball and team defense.

Instead of Crean recruiting one of the beat in-state scorers in Blueitt, Yogi's HS teammate, we get D. Davis, Hanner, Stan, Emiitt, Austin, Priller. Xavier is ranked #6 and IU under Crean year 8 is unranked and lost to Wake Forest with 3 McDonalds HS All-Americans on the IU roster, while Xavier has 0. But Xavier has skilled basketball players like Blueitt who not only put the ball in the basket but play defense, and coaching that prepares them to play team basketball and team defense.
You do realize that recruiting is a two way street and the player has to want to go to the school as well. It sounded like to me Crean recruited Blueitt hard but he chose to first to commit to UCLA and then decommitt and went to Xavier.

You do realize that recruiting is a two way street and the player has to want to go to the school as well. It sounded like to me Crean recruited Blueitt hard but he chose to first to commit to UCLA and then decommitt and went to Xavier.

why didn't he want to go to IU? could it be the coach?

Instead of Crean recruiting one of the best in-state scorers in Blueitt, Yogi's HS teammate, we get D. Davis, Hanner, Stan, Emiitt, Austin, Priller. Xavier is ranked #6 and IU under Crean year 8 is unranked and lost to Wake Forest with 3 McDonalds HS All-Americans on the IU roster, while Xavier has 0. But Xavier has skilled basketball players like Blueitt who not only put the ball in the basket but play defense, and coaching that prepares them to play team basketball and team defense.
I thought we did recruit him.

I thought we did recruit him.
We did and we recruited him hard. Revisionist history on the part of the OP. I can think of three things that coned to his not coming to IU. 1) His dad was an AAU coach and didn't like what he saw 2) Trevon was a spring sign and all the schollies were taken 3) Schilling left Park Tudor to be an Alford assistant at UCLA and then there is that Yogi thing. I'm sure Mack had spent time building that relationship with him when he was at Butler as well.

He was a kid I wanted. He is a winner and I wish we had him however, as a married guy, there are a lot of exes out there and sometimes it's better to simply move on than to make yourself miserable living in the past.

We did and we recruited him hard. Revisionist history on the part of the OP. I can think of three things that coned to his not coming to IU. 1) His dad was an AAU coach and didn't like what he saw 2) Trevon was a spring sign and all the schollies were taken 3) Schilling left Park Tudor to be an Alford assistant at UCLA and then there is that Yogi thing. I'm sure Mack had spent time building that relationship with him when he was at Butler as well.

He was a kid I wanted. He is a winner and I wish we had him however, as a married guy, there are a lot of exes out there and sometimes it's better to simply move on than to make yourself miserable living in the past.
I believe he toyed with the idea of coming to IU but just that, think about it , we have Yogi and he doesn't come he, must have been one of those no matter what we tried he wasn't coming.

And North Carolina and Duke both missed landing
(Wardell) Stephen Curry who ended up @
Davidson instead. Stuff happens everywhere
or doesn't happen everywhere.

I'm shocked at the # of people who still have no clue about Trevon and IU. He wasn't coming here as long as Yogi was. Not on Crean at all.

Some of you will give any excuse possible to protect your boy Crean. Never mind that he is an embarrassment to this University and is flushing IU basketball further and further into oblivion with each game he coaches.

It's absolutely true.

And if you've been paying attention to the team for the past three years, it's not hard to understand at all.
Believe me I've been paying attention.

I don't think it's any coincidence at all that's the time that Yogi has been at IU is when they've been in steady decline. Not the primary reason, but a contributing factor.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Why? There's a strong possibility that Trevon could help achieve more success at Xavier than Yogi has at Indiana...

Since it's been "his" team as a sophomore, Indiana hasn't really amounted to much.

Personal opinion only. Harder to find true PG so given the choice between Yogi and Trevon...I take true PG.

Trevon is a player...would have been a very nice player at IU. As would have kellen dunham

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own set of facts. Crean and IU did recruit Bluiett. Hard. He was offered by IU. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/124506/trevon-bluiett

He chose to get out of the state of Indiana and committed to UCLA. He ultimately went to Xavier. Note, Purdue and Butler also offered, and he didn't accept their offers. The young man had no desire to stay in the state of Indiana. We can cry all day about how he didn't come to IU, but he was recruited hard, offered, and chose not to attend ANY school in the state. The rest of your post is nonsense and without facts or merits.

Reactions: Tony20
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own set of facts. Crean and IU did recruit Bluiett. Hard. He was offered by IU. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/124506/trevon-bluiett

He chose to get out of the state of Indiana and committed to UCLA. He ultimately went to Xavier. Note, Purdue and Butler also offered, and he didn't accept their offers. The young man had no desire to stay in the state of Indiana. We can cry all day about how he didn't come to IU, but he was recruited hard, offered, and chose not to attend ANY school in the state. The rest of your post is nonsense and without facts or merits.

Had Brad Stevens stayed at BU,I think there's a very good chance Blueitt would have stayed in state. They were considered the leader by many.

Others can't have their "set of facts", but you can have yours? Really?

How do you know that he "had no desire"? Maybe he would have liked IU if Crean/Ferrell weren't there? Maybe Butler gets him if BS doesn't leave for Boston?

I don't know if any of what I just posted is true/not true - but I sure as hell know you having no effing clue if Bluiett had any desire to stay in-state or not. And for you to then criticize others for having their own set of "facts" is hypocritical as hell.

Others can't have their "set of facts", but you can have yours? Really?

How do you know that he "had no desire"? Maybe he would have liked IU if Crean/Ferrell weren't there? Maybe Butler gets him if BS doesn't leave for Boston?

I don't know if any of what I just posted is true/not true - but I sure as hell know you having no effing clue if Bluiett had any desire to stay in-state or not. And for you to then criticize others for having their own set of "facts" is hypocritical as hell.

I simply listened to what the young man said and took him at his word.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT