ADVERTISEMENT

Total Home Run hire !!!

Might not agree with the guy but why stoop to saying dumb things like this. Why not be adults here.

They have to post adult level ideas to get that level of respect Scott. You know that cause I've clowned on you in the past too. If your post is idiot level then you will be called out for being an idiot. The snowflake board is on 247. Or at least that's what you've told me...

Reactions: T.M.P.
So we hire a guy that will probably jump ship the minute the Ohio State job becomes available?

Don't get me wrong. He is our coach & I will fully support him. I just think it is a little risky since he has made it perfectly clear he covets Matta's job.
Why would he do that? He'll have more support and resources here. If it was football, sure.

So Uk has never hired an up and coming coach? What about ucla? What was urban Meyer when Florida hired him? Texas football hired Tom Herman....aka as an up and coming coach.
Yeah what was up with Florida hiring a guy from Utah? How far they have fallen! Haha

Reactions: bsmitty08
I'd hardly call it a "complete home run." Sounds like he could do well here, but it's not like we got a true super star coach.

I'm just thrilled we didn't get Alford. Speaking of which, on Peegs last night, Snow was fully expecting Alford to be named our coach last night......right before Alford said he was 100% not interested. Snow said he was completely blown away by that. More proof Peegs is worthless when it comes to "inside info."

I'm just amazed Glass didn't at least talk to Mack first. And if he was going to take a young coach, why not Fife? Dane needs to get out there and prove himself if he wants this job if Archie doesn't work out.
Because what has Fife proven as a head coach?

Reactions: evvcabinetman
So we hire a guy that will probably jump ship the minute the Ohio State job becomes available?

Don't get me wrong. He is our coach & I will fully support him. I just think it is a little risky since he has made it perfectly clear he covets Matta's job.
RMK liked OSU too.

Should we go back 9 years ago and list all the experts that said Crean was a great hire? That would be fun.
Which just proves that there are no guarantees in hiring a coach. He was a great hire until he wasn't, which should have been obvious several years ago. But that's in the past. AM is a great hire until he proves he's not up to the task, but I truly feel he will do well here and he has my full support. FWIW.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Yeah what was up with Florida hiring a guy from Utah? How far they have fallen! Haha
Archie Miller was unbeaten in A10? Urban had unbelievable record in his tenures at bowling green and Utah. Miller is not even close. He wouldn't be available if he were. IU settled for someone who is more qualified to coach at Illinois.

Reactions: JonesIndiana

Meyer went 22-2 including bowl win in the Fiesta Bowl at Utah. He was the national coach of the year in both 2003 and 2004 at Utah. You guys with this analogy are failing miserably.

Listen to yourself. As good a hire as can be reasonably expected? WHAT? We're elite, and you're talking like we are Purdue or Oklahoma State or Missouri. Which quite frankly, seems about right. No home run, and blah written all over it.
Go home. Put your pillow over your head and weep. It' a great hire out of the five who were a true possibility.

Reactions: ams66
Go home. Put your pillow over your head and weep. It' a great hire out of the five who were a true possibility.

It's a great hire instead of Alford. It isn't an elite hire. I support him, but not sugarcoating it, not a home run and not elite. Because we aren't elite, something that rational people came to grips with several decades ago.

Since he's still coaching, I seriously doubt it.

The "word" was he'd be very interested.

You have no idea if this is true. If it were, then we should have waited another few days. The tournament doesn't go on forever. Most likely case, Mack was not interested and enjoys coaching his alma mater and living in Cincinnati, which is a lot different than living in B town.

Hahaha. How does it feel to be the only guy here defending Jones? You suck balls too. I'd say that to both of you and Jones in person too.

What gave you the impression I was, or am, defending Jones?
I merely stated a concern.
What got your panties in such a bunch Snowflake?

Up and coming, yup, that screams elite. More like taking a flyer (no pun intended) on an unknown quantity. At least it wasn't Gerry Faust.
Or maybe like Sam Wyche,Bill Mallory,Cam Cameron,GerryDiNaRDO,Terry Hoeppner,Bill Lynch or Kevin[take IU to the promiseland] Wilson to name afew. That ain't even including Lee Corso[crazyhorse].Yeah, Your football has sooo much to brag about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT