ADVERTISEMENT

Tornado dodging in Indy

twenty02

Hall of Famer
Jan 28, 2011
I decided to screw it and take refuge at the closest watering hole I could find.

All roads are flooded, saw a funnel cloud directly in front of my route home....traffic is glacial. Only thing one can do is take refuge with a pint of Ballast Sculpin.

I can now cross one more thing off my bucket list. Had never seen one on the ground before. Never planned to be that close to it. Fortunately, it was about a quarter mile past me before it touched down.

I'd bang Angela Buchman, but she doesn't strike me as a freak in the sheets.

apb-wthr04-2col.jpg

I can now cross one more thing off my bucket list. Had never seen one on the ground before. Never planned to be that close to it. Fortunately, it was about a quarter mile past me before it touched down.

I hadn't ever seen a legit funnel clowd until, tonight. And this was looking dead out over an urban Indy area where you can't see too far.

I made a direct turn and said nah....I'll wait it out somewhere in the opposite direction. It never touched down, but I really wasn't curious to wait and see if it would, and certainly wasn't going to keep driving straight at the mofo.

I hadn't ever seen a legit funnel clowd until, tonight. And this was looking dead out over an urban Indy area where you can't see too far.

I made a direct turn and said nah....I'll wait it out somewhere in the opposite direction. It never touched down, but I really wasn't curious to wait and see if it would, and certainly wasn't going to keep driving straight at the mofo.
I saw a tornado in the distance in Bloomington once, but it never came close enough to threaten me (although downed trees did damage our building and destroy one of our neighbors' cars). The closest I got to an actual tornado (less than a mile), I never saw it, due to trees and other clouds and flying debris and "Let's get the f*** inside" and whatnot. You need to be out in the open to get a really good luck at a tornado.

Completely unrelated, my last year in Bloomington, I felt an earthquake from the New Madrid fault. That was interesting.

Reactions: twenty02
The storm was so bad that Evansville cell phones received a storm shelter alert for Kokomo!

I saw a tornado in the distance in Bloomington once, but it never came close enough to threaten me (although downed trees did damage our building and destroy one of our neighbors' cars). The closest I got to an actual tornado (less than a mile), I never saw it, due to trees and other clouds and flying debris and "Let's get the f*** inside" and whatnot. You need to be out in the open to get a really good luck at a tornado.

Completely unrelated, my last year in Bloomington, I felt an earthquake from the New Madrid fault. That was interesting.
I felt one of those too. Was under a tractor wondering who was f*****g with me.

It

It's funny how different the girls react. Some don't even want to come downstairs and some freak out.

The last tornado I actually saw was also in Indy as we were driving home from the 500. We took the ramp to I-70 west and watched a tornado south of the interstate heading toward 465. We ran into another bad storm on I-70 and rode the storm out in a McDonald's. There wasn't a traffic light in operation in Terre Haute. 2 hours south, a tornado tracked north of town and we were without power for about 24 hours. Seems the whole state got nailed that Memorial Day weekend .

The storm was so bad that Evansville cell phones received a storm shelter alert for Kokomo!
I got one as well in Warsaw for Kokomo... the Starbucks in Kokomo blowing over is nuts. Glad everyone was ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT