ADVERTISEMENT

TJD and Alan Henderson

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Given that TJD's career is winding down, I thought it might be interesting to compare their career #s, which, it turns out, were very similar.

Look at their average productivity over every 40 minutes played:

Henderson........546 on 2s; .646 FTs; 22.0 pts; 12.1 rebs; 1.5 assists; 1.6 steals; 2.4 blocks; 2.5 TOs

TJ.........................564 on 2s; .673 FTs; 21.9 pts; 11.2 rebs; 2.5 assists; .9 steals; 2.6 blocks; 2.4 TOs

Two of the all-time greats. I wish TJD would have developed that nice mid-range game Hendu had. He was great with that sweet little baseline jumper. By his senior year, he expanded his range out to the 3 pt. line.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Two of the all-time greats. I wish TJD would have developed that nice mid-range game Hendu had. He was great with that sweet little baseline jumper. By his senior year, he expanded his range out to the 3 pt. line.
The main reason we got 4 years of TJD, though, is because of his lack of an outside shot. He probably would have left after his freshman year if he had shown any sort of outside shot that year. After sophomore year for sure.

I would like it too but Tjd is very good at what he does.

Reactions: Crusty The Baker
When you compare all those numbers, it's important to remember that Henderson was more of a role player his first couple of years, and for his final year he shared the spotlight with Brian Evans. A blessing and a curse. He wasn't forced to carry the load every single night for 4 years. Both will go down in Hoosier lore and repped the stripes at a super elite level!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT