ADVERTISEMENT

Tips for the Big Apple....

jmhoosier1

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2006
1. If you're wondering whether or not to go.....GO!!!
2. NYC is a blast, ESPECIALLY at Christmastime! So much to see and do! Rockefeller Center is not to be missed - go ice skating if you have the time.
3. For the Catholics in the crowd (and the non-Catholics as well) try to see St Patrick's Cathedral. It's across from Rockefeller Center and the Christmas decorations are very beautiful. It looks practically brand new after the recent renovation!
4. Times Square is a bucket list item! It's tacky and gaudy and wonderfully crazy, with humongous digital displays everywhere and the best Starbucks this side of Disney World's new Disney Springs location.
5. If you have kids, or even if you don't, the Christmas windows at Barneys are incredible. Macy's at Herald Square are also wonderful and fun to see.
6. If you have time, the Radio City Christmas Spectacular is worth every penny. The show is the BEST Christmas show you'll ever see, and I'd definitely consider this a bucket list item as well.
7. Take the Subway if you can. The platforms are dirty with paint chips hanging down everywhere, but you'll find it to be the best mode of transportation in Manhattan and a hell of a lot faster and cheaper than a taxi. I'll try and get more specific information on the trains to Yankee Stadium from my NYC family and will post it on here in the next few days. You can purchase a Metro Card for around $29.00 which gives you a week's worth of unlimited rides.
8. The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are also bucket list items. I found my family's names from Germany while visiting there - very moving experience.
9. Finally, and most somberly, the Ground Zero/911 Museum and Reflecting Pools. No need to elaborate.

That's about it for now, my fellow Hoosiers. In case you can't tell, I love New York! I hope if you have any questions you can post them on here and I'll try and find answers for you. I'll be speaking with J.T.Forbes, our wonderful Alumni Association President this week and I'll pass along any bits of information I may receive from him on here as well.

God's blessings to all, and GO HOOSIERS!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News