ADVERTISEMENT

Time running out on Crean (link)

OMG...the numbers tell all. Its sad to see what the last 18 years have done to our beloved program. It seems clear that if we dont return soon to challenge regularly for championships, we may sink too far to find our way back.

Reactions: ROBBOB
After almost a decade of opportunity for Coach Crean to keep IU contending for B1G and National Titles. 12th or 13th place in the B1G is not acceptable. Time to move on to a new coach and new philosophy that will make IU a consistent winner again.

OMG...the numbers tell all. Its sad to see what the last 18 years have done to our beloved program. It seems clear that if we dont return soon to challenge regularly for championships, we may sink too far to find our way back.
It's never too late, and IU is a sleeping giant. If they can finally hire the right guy, this will be a complete 180 in 1-2 years.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/217726350/indiana-hoosiers-future-tom-crean-hot-seat

Matt Brown writes in Sports on Earth (see link).

Says what most of us are posting.

Time for a change. Bye Tom Crean.
4d44ce51bba8e.preview-620.jpg

Crean has a reputation as a strong recruiter, but of the 14 blue-chip prospects produced by the state of Indiana in the past four classes, according to 247Sports' composite rankings, only current junior James Blackmon has signed to play with the Hoosiers. Nevertheless, each of the past four recruiting classes has ranked in the top four in the Big Ten, making its current 12th-place status inexcusable, even if there are some valid excuses for the current struggles.

Crean has a reputation as a strong recruiter, but of the 14 blue-chip prospects produced by the state of Indiana in the past four classes, according to 247Sports' composite rankings, only current junior James Blackmon has signed to play with the Hoosiers. Nevertheless, each of the past four recruiting classes has ranked in the top four in the Big Ten, making its current 12th-place status inexcusable, even if there are some valid excuses for the current struggles.

And Blackmon said he was going to Kentucky and only changed his mind at the very last second right before he picked which hat to put on.

My guess it was because of playing time and nothing to do with Crean's "great recruiting" as Kaintuck had a monster class (as always).

And Blackmon said he was going to Kentucky and only changed his mind at the very last second right before he picked which hat to put on.

My guess it was because of playing time and nothing to do with Crean's "great recruiting" as Kaintuck had a monster class (as always).
JBJr picked us because Booker picked UK earlier that day. Had Booker picked Michigan State, JBJr would have been in Lexington is what I've heard from several people.

Who exactly is "Matt Brown"?
Not only is he saying what people here are posting....this is probably where he's getting his material.....virtually everything in the article has been posted or commented on. but he's getting hits and pub.....so, I wish him well.....

Not only is he saying what people here are posting....this is probably where he's getting his material.....virtually everything in the article has been posted or commented on. but he's getting hits and pub.....so, I wish him well.....
Pennies per click can add up !!

After almost a decade of opportunity for Coach Crean to keep IU contending for B1G and National Titles. 12th or 13th place in the B1G is not acceptable. Time to move on to a new coach and new philosophy that will make IU a consistent winner again.

I disagree. The athletic department has made more bad decisions than good in the past 16 years yet 2 bad coaches and a coach who couldn't avoid violations have all been able to get IU into the top ten. This year has been a dumpster fire, yet IU was ranked #3, and received some first place votes.
With IUs history, facilities, and proximity to a huge recruiting base it'll never be too late.

It's never too late, and IU is a sleeping giant. If they can finally hire the right guy, this will be a complete 180 in 1-2 years.

I agree. It's never too late. But it does require is an absolutely firm commitment from all the major stakeholders. It requires an administration that won't settle for "occasionally pretty good." It requires boosters -- from the biggest ones to the smallest ones -- who will dig a little deeper in their pockets. It requires fans who will show up to the games (and maybe cough up a bit more for tickets), buy the swag, watch on TV.

And, while I'd never say that we should ever be willing to cross the line or look the other way on the dirty side of big-money college sports, I do think that we need to be able to navigate those waters as best we can while staying on the right side of all the rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT