ADVERTISEMENT

Three very winnable games left

except now Allen is not working on a Glass extension, it's a Dolson extension and raise....and buyout
Gosh, Dolson did make it even worse. In December, 2019 SbF gave LEO Allen an extension THRU 2027, at $3.9M/yr. Rewarding that 6-6 season with a $2.1m/yr raise for the next 7 years! I did not know that Doltson gave LEOA another raise of $1m per year in March of 2021. unbelievable!!!??

Gosh, Dolson did make it even worse. In December, 2019 SbF gave LEO Allen an extension THRU 2027, at $3.9M/yr. Rewarding that 6-6 season with a $2.1m/yr raise for the next 7 years! I did not know that Doltson gave LEOA another raise of $1m per year in March of 2021. unbelievable!!!??
this is why the buyout would be approx $24Mil after this season, and around $19-20 Mil after next season

which is in turn why I don't get very involved in the whole "Allen should/shouldn't be fired" etc---unless Cuban or someone volunteers to absorb the buyout the same way Archie's buyout was handled, I think Allen's secure until at least 2024, when the buyout decreases substantially because the contract's last 3 years are only 50% guaranteed (the 1st 4 years are 100% guaranteed)

think it's gonna have to be a combination of "new staff/transfer portal" or nothing at this point

We still SHOULD beat Rutgers. That is the sort of game that there is genuinely no excuse for losing at home, even with all our injuries and depth issues. If anyone in the B1G rivals our offensive ineptitude this year, it is Rutgers, and their defense is not as good as ours.

10-14 points genuinely could be enough to win on Saturday, and there's absolutely no reason they shouldn't be able to muster that against competition that in all likelihood is not good enough to go bowling, either. Minnesota and Purdue are not out of the realm of possibility, either, but if they want to show they've got any care or fight left at all heading down the stretch, Rutgers is the test.
Test failed...

Here's guessing the next two weeks are indeed out of the realm of possibility.

Disaster year - no doubt- but 3 important games left - in the recruiting/perception world 5-7 is much much better than 2-10.
The thing is reality matters even more than perception...and reality is 2-10 (and winless in conference play)...and even that was not easy.

I wouldn't say "no way". Outside of Idaho and WKU, its very possible these last 3 opponents are the worst teams we'll have played all year. If our spirits are high, and we play like we care, I actually wouldn't be surprised if we went 3-0 to finish up.

Still a bummer year. But 5-7, with a Bucket win, definitely changes the narrative a bit, going into the offseason, from where it is today.

I would say the most likely scenario is 4-8. Win over Rutgers, split with Minny and Purdue.
Knock, knock...time for a reality check.

Rutgers was the key game to setup a positive (or negative) close to 2021. Win that game allows IU to swing some momentum in your direction and re-energize the team and fan base to finish strong. Lose, hurts rules across the program. Get humiliated at home lije what happened shows the program is in peril.

Minnesota will run all day and win in a controlled slow game. Purdue will pass and put up outright unbelievable numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT