ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts Going forward (long)

dkteach78

Benchwarmer
Apr 1, 2008
1. This was a very good season for IU basketball. Not a great season. This is a good barometer of where IU should be on a regular basis. Competing for B10 title and a chance to make a deep tourney run. We don't have to win B10 every year but competing for it and a chance to make at least a Sweet 16 with a legit final four team every 4-5 years

2. Tom Crean has shown that he deserves a couple more years to try and build on this season. He has shown an ability to improve which surprised a lot on this board, myself included. I have been critical of some of CTC's decisions in the past, but he has shown all of us that he deserves to coach this team in the immediate future.

3. The status of next year's team depends on who comes back. RoJo, Hartman, Juwan, JBJ will be back. OG, Thomas, and Troy all have decisions to make. If Thomas and OG both return, plus Davis, Green and CuJo, we could have the makings of another really good team. With Troy, we could be looking at another team that competes for B10 and a deep tourney run.

4. The fan base may still remain divided on CTC and the expectations of IU basketball. To me, it is an age issue. Those of us who remember the 70's,80's, and early 90's, will continue to believe that IU can and should be a blue blood with expectations of winning/competing for B10 title and a minimum of Sweet 16 potential in NCAA. The younger generation has lower expectations and I understand that based on what they think IU basketball is. A great run in 02, and the 12,13, and 16 teams.

Reactions: Hoosier 8 iron
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News