ADVERTISEMENT

This reminds me of Northwestern in the mid-90s.

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
The Wildcats were everybody’s second favorite team for quite a while. Anybody’s skepticism before yesterday was understandable . But not anymore. The Hoosiers are now on a national stage. And they are going to be performing at sellout venues.

Kudos to Jackson! Next week we will probably see a run-dominated offense similar to Tuttle against Wisconsin.

This is very exciting!

Last edited:
The Wildcats were everybody’s second favorite team for quite a while. Anybody’s skepticism before yesterday was understandable . But not anymore. The Hoosiers now on are a national stage. And they are going to be performing at sellout venues.

Kudos to Jackson! Next week we will probably see a run-dominated offense similar to Tuttle against Wisconsin.

This is very exciting!

No, that team was never this dominant. They had multiple close calls if I remember correctly.

The Wildcats were everybody’s second favorite team for quite a while. Anybody’s skepticism before yesterday was understandable . But not anymore. The Hoosiers now on are a national stage. And they are going to be performing at sellout venues.

This is very exciting!
As well as they’ve been running you’re probably right. But Tayven did drop some great throws in there into tight windows, with great catches by receivers too. And he would’ve had another TD had Coby not dropped that bunny, he had a wide open lane to the end zone.

If Tayven makes good decisions, he’s also a lot more dangerous on the read option. Kurtis, god love him, is just so slow.

I think you'll see an offense that is taylor made to fit Jackson's skill set. Probably more swing passes, short throws to set up the offense and his confidence going forward. It's not like he doesn't have 10 different people to throw it to! Utilizing Horton would be wise.

Frankly, with our running game and the way Bostad has this oline clicking, it may be a game of 70/30 run to pass. Our line looked huge yesterday. My son commented on Wedig and Carter Smith's size on the oline.

Tayven played well within himself and that pass to Sarrat was an absolute DIME. Had me wondering if big bro had Chris Paul visit and teach him how to drop lobs like that.

He seemed very poised. The big men up front had their way with what was supposed to be an imposing D-Line. They'll adjust the game plan to Tayven and all he'll have to do is execute, which he looked more than capable of.

Tayven looked very good in the game with great throws. Coach Cignetti just liked Rourke's experience and solid choices he made. Cignetti indicated Jackson could be more dynamic at QB but would have to toned down his mistakes. As others have stated I think IU will adjust the offense to what Jackson does best plus he has watched the reads Rourke made in games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT