ADVERTISEMENT

This latest drama is very on brand for IU athletics

I wouldn't count any of those 3 out yet. I could see all 3 coming back. Durr and Stewart are the ones that for sure shouldn't be back as this is their second offense. Not sure why you would want to run Bates off.
I would be stunned if Race or TJD came back. TJD was not coming back already this year until Archie got fired. Well Bates let him team down right before the biggest game of the so unless this was some very minor infraction he better prove fast he really wants to be a part of this or not. Durr needs to be gone and really maybe even now.

Something about Indiana University that brings out the bad behavior
among the athletes, basketball & football happens every year.
Never seems to happen at Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky or
even PU, must be in the water or the administration.
It happens in all of those places. It just isn't always addressed.

Was it just a curfew break? If that's true then I totally agree with you.

Based on Woodson's post-game presser though he didn't seem to be so confident that the transgressions were just a "1-game" issue. So take that up with him. I don't know what exactly happened, just rumors. So my feedback is on whether the rumors are true or not. If they aren't, and it's simply a curfew break while they went down to the hotel snack bar for some chips then no big deal. Address it and then move on. didn't seem it was that simple though.
Given we likely stand no chance at Michigan State anyway if he needs to sit these five again more power to him.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Right. Two of the many gaps between the programs right now are:

Winning: PU is ahead on that at the moment
Standards and expectation for players: IU is ahead on that at the moment.

the former is nice, but the latter is for life.

Hopefully, both teams win at life. In the end they are all young men that we should all want to succeed.

I'm not sure how you've declared that IU is winning on the latter though. But if that makes you feel good about the big gap between the on-the-court statuses of the programs then that's cool.

Reactions: richar2013
Hopefully, both teams win at life. In the end they are all young men that we should all want to succeed.

I'm not sure how you've declared that IU is winning on the latter though. But if that makes you feel good about the big gap between the on-the-court statuses of the programs then that's cool.
Jan 20th?

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedinGold

Oh...you know how.

Inauguration day? State of the Union address? Or was that the date of the Super Bowl for IU this year?

Season goals accomplished! Congrats on the successful season.
And if you clowns beat us in Tin Can Arena then your season will be a success.

No chance at MSU? Have you seen them play lately?
Have you seen our record in East lansing in the last 30 years. I think we have won there one time so it is probably like 1-25 so yeah I do not have a ton of confidence in us winning that game. It will be incredibley loud and our team is very weak mentally. Not to mention who knows what players we will even have.

Our team has alot of upperclassmen and an on paper an all american. So I would not say 16 wins is ahead of schedule. Pretty much what I expected it is not like this was a Tom Crean year one rebuild.

Reactions: IndyGlen
Inauguration day? State of the Union address? Or was that the date of the Super Bowl for IU this year?

Season goals accomplished! Congrats on the successful season.
It’s the answer to that dumb question. On the court result.

Have you seen our record in East lansing in the last 30 years. I think we have won there one time so it is probably like 1-25 so yeah I do not have a ton of confidence in us winning that game. It will be incredibley loud and our team is very weak mentally. Not to mention who knows what players we will even have.
Archie won up there with a mediocre team.

They can be beaten. They're far from a powerhouse this year.

Reactions: .Gerdis
The IU culture is piss poor. And this new “late night sneak out weed escapade” the night before a road game encapsulates everything that’s wrong with IU basketball. Soft players. None of them give a shit. Pretty funny to watch this season go up in “flames”, ha, get it? You reap what you sow.

IU's culture is piss poor but it could be worse, you could be a team that lost to IU. ;) Speaking of flames, PU's season went up with that loss.

I'm sorry...wut?

Gillis did deserve a 4 game suspension. And it should have been more if was happening the night before an away-game after breaking an assortment of team rules to make it happen.

Gillis deserved every single minute on the pine. And it was no question that he was going to miss those games and not be ready for the big UNC/Nova games because of it.

Woodson needs to set expectations here.

Too much in-season shit has been happening to the IU locker room for too long.

Woodson brought back defense. Now's the time where off-court expectations should be addressed as well.
How did porkchop discipline Haas for knowingly spreading STDs thruout the broilee campus? Oh, he covered it up till the young woman filed a lawsuit less than one week after the broilees season ended. Did porkchop do the right thing? Slimy Haas had no repercussions from broilee bball, as porkchop hid/contained the crimes till season end.

Apparently the "Standards and expectations for players: IU is ahead on that at the moment" doesn't apply to the football team at IU. I mean when your starting TE pleads guilty to criminal trespassing thereby getting
felony residential entry and misdemeanor domestic battery charges dismissed and he never misses a game really embodies "doing the right thing as a coach". Let's all agree that kids are going to do stupid things from time to time and there should be consequences to their actions. Neither fanbase, Purdue or IU, has a right to allege that their athletic department is immune to the situation or take a "white tower" stance because it isn't true either way.

How did porkchop discipline Haas for knowingly spreading STDs thruout the broilee campus? Oh, he covered it up till the young woman filed a lawsuit less than one week after the broilees season ended. Did porkchop do the right thing? Slimy Haas had no repercussions from broilee bball, as porkchop hid/contained the crimes till season end.
What do you expect from a coach who knocked up a cheerleader.

Not that I'm jealous or anything.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
IU's culture is piss poor but it could be worse, you could be a team that lost to IU. ;) Speaking of flames, PU's season went up with that loss.
It is a bad culture but I gotta think and alot of programs this stuff just gets swept under the rug. You cannot tell me a school like Duke who gets nothing but fives stars guys who probably have massive egos never once has any issues with these players? Also one of the hardest schools in the country yet none on them not one ever has any academic issues. Wow I mean coach k must just be a miracle worker!

In fact you never hear on anyone having to sit out due to grades anymore yet it used to happen all of the time 20 or30 years ago.

Reactions: indiana ed and DANC
Lol you cite college kids, doing college kid mistakes that occurred either out of season or during off-campus winter break (no games/practices/events).

Really great comparison to college kids who are traveling with the team, in-season, and allegedly sneak out the day before their away game, break team curfew, go to the bar and partake in other extracurriculars.

I don't think anyone really cares that the kids were being college kids and making college kid mistakes (which should still have consequences) -- but there is a time and place -- and um making those mistakes while you're traveling for a very important away game is what makes this "on-brand" for IU and what makes it all the more important for Mike Woodson to address now.

IU has to fix the culture. Gillis got 4 games for an August DUI. Woodson has done 1 game for breaking an in-season, game-travel rules, curfew, etc.

Woodson is in a tough spot here. I think he should do more than one game to set an example but doing so will put the entire season in jeopardy. Would IU fans support him if he did that? Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Funny how it is just college kids being college kids when Purdue players are getting DUI’s but when we don’t even know what really happened with the IU players it’s a much deeper issue.

Y'all really suck. Like, not just this year....forever. You're basically just a lower-mid Big 10 program that had a really good run like 40 years ago, I think.
Thank you for your input, genius. Very enlightening.

Lol you cite college kids, doing college kid mistakes that occurred either out of season or during off-campus winter break (no games/practices/events).

Really great comparison to college kids who are traveling with the team, in-season, and allegedly sneak out the day before their away game, break team curfew, go to the bar and partake in other extracurriculars.

I don't think anyone really cares that the kids were being college kids and making college kid mistakes (which should still have consequences) -- but there is a time and place -- and um making those mistakes while you're traveling for a very important away game is what makes this "on-brand" for IU and what makes it all the more important for Mike Woodson to address now.

IU has to fix the culture. Gillis got 4 games for an August DUI. Woodson has done 1 game for breaking an in-season, game-travel rules, curfew, etc.

Woodson is in a tough spot here. I think he should do more than one game to set an example but doing so will put the entire season in jeopardy. Would IU fans support him if he did that? Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
First of all, don’t kid yourself. In big-time college sports it’s an all year activity. You are expected to be repping your program and school, staying in shape, working on your game and not being an ahole in season or out. So get off your high horse about bad behavior in season or out being less bad one way or the other. And trying out a game on us that somehow Woody will lose our support if the suspensions aren’t more severe, is a load of crap, especially since you don’t know how bad the infractions were. My guess is they were very minor and he was sending a message about the Program being bigger than them. I guess in your small mind, suspending these guys for the one game that was probably more crucial than any other as far as post-season dreams are concerned, was just not good enough.

I would be stunned if Race or TJD came back. TJD was not coming back already this year until Archie got fired. Well Bates let him team down right before the biggest game of the so unless this was some very minor infraction he better prove fast he really wants to be a part of this or not. Durr needs to be gone and really maybe even now.
NBA scouts will see what happened to TJD when he went up against decent big men that matched his own size or better. Against Edey and Cockburn TJD got into foul trouble and had no significant impact on either game. Sure, TJD would get drafted but his long term career will need more of a midrange or better game to have a long career. Athletic 6’10” 240lb guys with exceptional skills are all over the NBA. Guys that are light years better than Edey or Cockburn. I think TJD is a great college player and I do believe he could have a successful pro career but he needs to be able to move away from the basket. NBA big men will eat his lunch.

Funny how it is just college kids being college kids when Purdue players are getting DUI’s but when we don’t even know what really happened with the IU players it’s a much deeper issue.

If you read my comments on the thread. I said IU's players infractions are likely college kids making college mistakes. It's the timing that is the most concerning IMO.

College kids are going to screw up. Screws up should be handled accordingly.

Woodson is handling this right. He had to hire merceneries to fill out a roster this year, and those merceneries (cough Xavier) have a history at other schools.

I just am hoping IU fans give Woodson a long leash here and don't hold it over his head if he determines that whatever the transgressions were deserve more than a 1 game suspension. I think he'll make the right decision -- but that decision long term may end up putting the season in jeopardy. Short-term pain for long-term gain.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
If you read my comments on the thread. I said IU's players infractions are likely college kids making college mistakes. It's the timing that is the most concerning IMO.

Woodson is handling this right. He had to hire merceneries to fill out a roster this year, and those merceneries (cough Xavier) have a history at other schools.

I just am hoping IU fans give Woodson a long leash here and don't hold it over his head if he determines that whatever the transgressions were deserve more than a 1 game suspension. I think he'll make the right decision -- but that decision long term may end up putting the season in jeopardy. Short-term pain for long-term gain.
Gtfoh. Not one fan gives a crap about your opinion. Go worry about your teams best chance year.

Reactions: indiana ed
Y'all really suck. Like, not just this year....forever. You're basically just a lower-mid Big 10 program that had a really good run like 40 years ago, I think.
You're here because you can't stop thinking about IU

Well XJ, TDJ, and Race will all likley be gone so you can take them off the keep list. So you have more than 2 spots to fill. But Durr needs to be gone for sure and I am not so sure Bates should be back either. In fact if Durr has been suspended twice he should already be off the team.
Drumbeat Bailey strikes again, despite his own use of "likely" and "if."

None of us know (1) what really happened and (2) how each player interacted with Woodson when they discussed it.

Went to and root for both schools. Expect nothing less than both for them/us to give the other s***. It forever has made things more fun.

Like what Woody did with his "miscreants." Establish a culture of accountability, maybe you lose short-term but win long.

That said, PU is is 21-3 overall, ranked #3 in the nation and tied for the B1G lead going into U-M tonight. Season "up in flames"? OK ...

Cool. No need to do anything. The IU culture for the last decade is perfect and shouldn't change.

As a fan of Purdue, I'm totally good with however long IU wants to prolong the current status quo.
Me too.

321 days (and counting) since Purdue beat IU. This can continue forever as far as I'm concerned.

And, no one "drove over" another player, as you foolishly claimed above. The police reports are digitally available for you online, if you are able to do a search.

Next time talk about something you know about. This shouldn't take very long for someone like you.

Or, it could be explained by coverups at those Southern schools.

Given we likely stand no chance at Michigan State anyway if he needs to sit these five again more power to him.
Again, you're using "likely" and "if." Hardly sounds like you are certain about what you're saying.

Wait, what? Now a Purdue is giving Woodson advice?

You really want us to do better, don't you.

Wait, what? Now a Purdue is giving Woodson advice?

You really want us to do better, don't you.

I actually do. Just good enough to make the tournament.

I already have a guys trip booked for March and it's going to be way less entertaining for my IU buddies if the only games they have to watch is another NIT.

I'd like IU to make the tournament and win one game to ensure the whole weekend is a good time.

Now whether IU wins the second game is up for debate.

If they play Saturday, I can be persuaded. But anytime Sunday on the first weekend, and they can wrap up the season then.

It's not nearly as fun talking shit with your buddies when one team has been so bad for so long...

I have enjoyed beating IU over and over but at least now there is a glimmer of hope that these rivalry games may mean something again.

Win big game...run to IU board.

Look Ace, the off-court events and subsequent Coach/AD responses of this season could not paint a starker contrast between the respective standards and expectations of our two programs.

You are winning games right now, so you better hang onto that while you can.

Just win baby....right Ace?
What big game? Lol…you have fallen so far that Illinois is a “big” game. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT