ADVERTISEMENT

This latest drama is very on brand for IU athletics

LowCut

Redshirt
Jun 21, 2018
The IU culture is piss poor. And this new “late night sneak out weed escapade” the night before a road game encapsulates everything that’s wrong with IU basketball. Soft players. None of them give a shit. Pretty funny to watch this season go up in “flames”, ha, get it? You reap what you sow.

Reactions: indy1203
The IU culture is piss poor. And this new “late night sneak out weed escapade” the night before a road game encapsulates everything that’s wrong with IU basketball. Soft players. None of them give a shit. Pretty funny to watch this season go up in “flames”, ha, get it? You reap what you sow.
Wait was Gillis suspended for 4 games earlier this year for a DUI? What about Young Stoney (aka Ryan Cline)? Passed out in his car unresponsive with his car running and foot on the pedal. Officer had to break the window and sternum rub him in order to get him conscious.

I've been hearing about Purdue breaking through for nearly 40 years. How long after Purdue loses early once again in the tournament are you going to come on this board to talk about IU's culture? I give it 3 hours.

You just can't help yourself.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Recruiting needs to change. I get this staff was behind the 8 ball to fill spots. What do Pitt, South Florida, Northwestern, Middle Tennessee St, and a junior out of high school have in common? Shitty basketball that’s what.

They need to continue recruiting 2022.

Y'all really suck. Like, not just this year....forever. You're basically just a lower-mid Big 10 program that had a really good run like 40 years ago, I think.

Reactions: LowCut
Recruiting needs to change. I get this staff was behind the 8 ball to fill spots. What do Pitt, South Florida, Northwestern, Middle Tennessee St, and a junior out of high school have in common? Shitty basketball that’s what.

They need to continue recruiting 2022.
This roster needs to basically be gutted for next year. Two of those five are gone but Durr if his second suspension should be gone as well. Lander and Bates are vastly overrated anyway so if they are gone that is fine as well. We are not making the NCAA next year anyway so might as well just gut this thing and start over.

I as well get they had to make a roster but some of these guys Woodson brought in so it is on him to show them the door.

This roster needs to basically be gutted for next year. Two of those five are gone but Durr if his second suspension should be gone as well. Lander and Bates are vastly overrated anyway so if they are gone that is fine as well. We are not making the NCAA next year anyway so might as well just gut this thing and start over.

I as well get they had to make a roster but some of these guys Woodson brought in so it is on him to show them the door.
I don't think it should be gutted.

Keep:
XJ
Bates
Leal
Galloway
Geronimo
Race
TJD
Duncomb

Lose:
RP
Lander
Stewart
Kopp
Durr

Add:

JHS
Gunn
Banks
2 Transfer Wings

Keep:
XJ
Bates
Leal
Galloway
Geronimo
Race
TJD
Duncomb

Lose:
RP
Lander
Stewart
Kopp
Durr

Add:

JHS
Gunn
Banks
2 Transfer Wings
Well XJ, TDJ, and Race will all likley be gone so you can take them off the keep list. So you have more than 2 spots to fill. But Durr needs to be gone for sure and I am not so sure Bates should be back either. In fact if Durr has been suspended twice he should already be off the team.

Woody needs to get out of recruiting from AAU evaluations. That has killed discipline in college basketball.

Reactions: kmathum
Well XJ, TDJ, and Race will all likley be gone so you can take them off the keep list. So you have more than 2 spots to fill. But Durr needs to be gone for sure and I am not so sure Bates should be back either. In fact if Durr has been suspended twice he should already be off the team.
I wouldn't count any of those 3 out yet. I could see all 3 coming back. Durr and Stewart are the ones that for sure shouldn't be back as this is their second offense. Not sure why you would want to run Bates off.

Y'all really suck. Like, not just this year....forever. You're basically just a lower-mid Big 10 program that had a really good run like 40 years ago, I think.
That may be true, but hey, at least we can take comfort in knowing we still beat you 2 out of the last 3 times we played. Keep your head up, and like the Little Engine That Could, keep chuggin' away and maybe, MAYBE, the day will come where you beat Notre Dame.

Win big game...run to IU board.

Look Ace, the off-court events and subsequent Coach/AD responses of this season could not paint a starker contrast between the respective standards and expectations of our two programs.

You are winning games right now, so you better hang onto that while you can.

Just win baby....right Ace?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
We don’t know enough about the situation. I trust Woody to do what is right for the team and program. If they are back, I will fully support all the players who want to be a part of the teams success.

Wait was Gillis suspended for 4 games earlier this year for a DUI? What about Young Stoney (aka Ryan Cline)? Passed out in his car unresponsive with his car running and foot on the pedal. Officer had to break the window and sternum rub him in order to get him conscious.

Lol you cite college kids, doing college kid mistakes that occurred either out of season or during off-campus winter break (no games/practices/events).

Really great comparison to college kids who are traveling with the team, in-season, and allegedly sneak out the day before their away game, break team curfew, go to the bar and partake in other extracurriculars.

I don't think anyone really cares that the kids were being college kids and making college kid mistakes (which should still have consequences) -- but there is a time and place -- and um making those mistakes while you're traveling for a very important away game is what makes this "on-brand" for IU and what makes it all the more important for Mike Woodson to address now.

IU has to fix the culture. Gillis got 4 games for an August DUI. Woodson has done 1 game for breaking an in-season, game-travel rules, curfew, etc.

Woodson is in a tough spot here. I think he should do more than one game to set an example but doing so will put the entire season in jeopardy. Would IU fans support him if he did that? Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Reactions: Bill4411
Where would XJ and Race go? Genuinely curious. Neither are playing in the NBA and neither are going to get more prominent roles next year than what they have now or are expected to have if they transfer elsewhere. I get the idea of Race not wanting to be in college for 6 years and totally respect that decision if that is the route he goes, but unless these guys have big time contracts lined up overseas, I don't see the incentive to leave, especially XJ. XJ was really coming along these last 4-5 games until he pulled this latest stunt.

Lol you cite college kids, doing college kid mistakes that occurred either out of season or during off-campus winter break (no games/practices/events).

Really great comparison to college kids who are traveling with the team, in-season, and allegedly sneak out the day before their away game, break team curfew, go to the bar and partake in other extracurriculars.

I don't think anyone really cares that the kids were being college kids and making college kid mistakes (which should still have consequences) -- but there is a time and place -- and um making those mistakes while you're traveling for a very important away game is what makes this "on-brand" for IU and what makes it all the more important for Mike Woodson to address now.

IU has to fix the culture. Gillis got 4 games for an August DUI. Woodson has done 1 game for breaking an in-season, game-travel rules, curfew, etc.

Woodson is in a tough spot here. I think he should do more than one game to set an example but doing so will put the entire season in jeopardy. Would IU fans support him if he did that? Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Pinballing down the street drunk at 3am and then getting combative while in police custody warrants a 4 game suspension regardless if it was in season or not. Breaking curfew doesn't. Don't be an idiot.

Reactions: indiana ed and DANC

Keep:
XJ
Bates
Leal
Galloway
Geronimo
Race
TJD
Duncomb

Lose:
RP
Lander
Stewart
Kopp
Durr

Add:

JHS
Gunn
Banks
2 Transfer Wings
Pretty close !
I'd go X.J. see ya also..
Immediately start JHS at point.
He'll test the waters after his sophomore year..

Pinballing down the street drunk at 3am and then getting combative while in police custody warrants a 4 game suspension regardless if it was in season or not. Breaking curfew doesn't. Don't be an idiot.

Gillis did deserve a 4 game suspension. And it should have been more if was happening the night before an away-game after breaking an assortment of team rules to make it happen.

Gillis deserved every single minute on the pine. And it was no question that he was going to miss those games and not be ready for the big UNC/Nova games because of it.

Woodson needs to set expectations here.

Too much in-season shit has been happening to the IU locker room for too long.

Woodson brought back defense. Now's the time where off-court expectations should be addressed as well.

No one GAF what you think.

Young Stoney and Gillis had worse offenses than what the IU players did Monday night. Trevion got NO suspension for beating up the lady night manager at McDonald's (while real practices had already started), because he was drunk and wanted his fries.

Go back to your own board.

Gillis did deserve a 4 game suspension. And it should have been more if was happening the night before an away-game after breaking an assortment of team rules to make it happen.

Gillis deserved every single minute on the pine. And it was no question that he was going to miss those games and not be ready for the big UNC/Nova games because of it.

Woodson brought back defense. Now's the time where off-court expectations should be addressed as well.
Can you name the last in-season incident that took place?

Pretty close !
I'd go X.J. see ya also..
Immediately start JHS at point.
He'll test the waters after his sophomore year..
JHS still needs a backup. Lander and RP are gone. XJ would be a huge upgrade to our current backups just as he was a huge upgrade to last year's starters.

Being late for curfew doesn't warrant a 4 game suspension.

Again, stop being an idiot.

Can you name the last in-season incident that took place?

Off the top of my head locker room fight between teammates as one player was hooking up with another player's girlfriend (or some version of that story).

Then there have been the multiple "young stoney" issues... (which I didn't really care about any of those particulars it was the pure number of them and in succession that made it notable).

And um didn't one of your player's drive over a teammate but that was out of season I believe.

I mean maybe I'm wrong, maybe the IU culture and expectations have totally been fine the last decade. Its your fanbases program. You get to set the expectations for it.

Being late for curfew doesn't warrant a 4 game suspension.

Again, stop being an idiot.

Was it just a curfew break? If that's true then I totally agree with you.

Based on Woodson's post-game presser though he didn't seem to be so confident that the transgressions were just a "1-game" issue. So take that up with him. I don't know what exactly happened, just rumors. So my feedback is on whether the rumors are true or not. If they aren't, and it's simply a curfew break while they went down to the hotel snack bar for some chips then no big deal. Address it and then move on. didn't seem it was that simple though.

Off the top of my head locker room fight between teammates as one player was hooking up with another player's girlfriend (or some version of that story).

Then there have been the multiple "young stoney" issues... (which I didn't really care about any of those particulars it was the pure number of them and in succession that made it notable).

And um didn't one of your player's drive over a teammate but that was out of season I believe.

I mean maybe I'm wrong, maybe the IU culture and expectations have totally been fine the last decade. Its your fanbases program. You get to set the expectations for it.
Lol there was never a fight in the locker room and no one slept with another's GF. That was BS made up by Purdue fans like yourself.

Everything else you are referencing happened under Crean back in 2013 and 2014.

Lol there was never a fight in the locker room and no one slept with another's GF. That was BS made up by Purdue fans like yourself.

Everything else you are referencing happened under Crean back in 2013 and 2014.

Cool. No need to do anything. The IU culture for the last decade is perfect and shouldn't change.

As a fan of Purdue, I'm totally good with however long IU wants to prolong the current status quo.

JHS still needs a backup. Lander and RP are gone. XJ would be a huge upgrade to our current backups just as he was a huge upgrade to last year's starters.
At this point I'm not holding my breath that JHS will live up to expectations. Seems the 5 star players we keep getting aren't ready for primetime play in a P5 conference. I know he has all the tools, but that's what they said about Bates and all season long I've looking to see signs that he'll be a great player here some day and I have yet to see it. Usually a highly touted freshman will show us something their first year. Lander also fits this bill.

Cool. No need to do anything. The IU culture for the last decade is perfect and shouldn't change.

As a fan of Purdue, I'm totally good with however long IU wants to prolong the current status quo.
You have had incidences too.

I'm totally good with Purdue continuing their final 4 drought for another 40 years.

Reactions: DANC
At this point I'm not holding my breath that JHS will live up to expectations. Seems the 5 star players we keep getting aren't ready for primetime play in a P5 conference. I know he has all the tools, but that's what they said about Bates and all season long I've looking to see signs that he'll be a great player here some day and I have yet to see it. Usually a highly touted freshman will show us something their first year. Lander also fits this bill.
Bates has been significantly more effective than Lander has in either of his two years. Finding out you are going to be a father at age 19 can't be easy. If you go look at his game log, you will see where the off the court stuff started to seep through. He announced the pregnancy on Christmas Day.

I disagree. I think Bates has shown a ton of natural ability. But he's playing with absolutely zero confidence right now and forcing everything in hopes of staying on the court. I think he'll be fine next year once the game finally slows down for him.

But it’s ok to get a dui or infect multiple lamda moooos? Gtfo troll lowcunt.

Last edited:
Reactions: ericrossiu

You must be looking up at that stick in Mackey. It’s next to the helms banner which is next to the 1980 final four banner.

Pretzel logic from the cow college. Suspending 5 players is not maintaining the status quo.

Something about Indiana University that brings out the bad behavior
among the athletes, basketball & football happens every year.
Never seems to happen at Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky or
even PU, must be in the water or the administration.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and LowCut
Duke's stud freshman was literally suspended two months ago and Purdue's starting PF missed the first 4 games of the season.....

Try harder.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Pretzel logic from the cow college. Suspending 5 players is not maintaining the status quo.
Right. Two of the many gaps between the programs right now are:

Winning: PU is ahead on that at the moment
Standards and expectation for players: IU is ahead on that at the moment.

the former is nice, but the latter is for life.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT