ADVERTISEMENT

This feels wrong to me (President Carter)

Posting mostly for the video. He looks to be in really rough shape. Why are they rolling him out there and doing all of this theater about who he is going to vote for? Let the guy go gracefully....

Agreed. They should be better than that.

Most Sunday mornings I pick up a mentally disabled old buddy at a nursing home and we go out for coffee and donuts. Roy has had a series of roommates, none of whom last long. They mostly look like that the last time I see them.

Last edited:

Posting mostly for the video. He looks to be in really rough shape. Why are they rolling him out there and doing all of this theater about who he is going to vote for? Let the guy go gracefully....

A second rate philosopher once said, "Life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone."

It would not surprise me if Carter hasn't grabbed onto the election as his reason to get out of bed, or take another breath

It also wouldn't surprise me if his family made it up. His son may just like how that will make him look to the members of the party.

Either are possible.

He’s a prime example of what character & integrity will do for us all in the WH. Good man, bad President. At the end of the day, those virtues don’t mean shit in office if they’re wrapped up in bad policy, whereas good policy in the hands of a scoundrel can serve us quite well. Pretend Republicans will see again soon enough.

Somebody call Dr Kevorkian.

He’s a prime example of what character & integrity will do for us all in the WH. Good man, bad President. At the end of the day, those virtues don’t mean shit in office
Exactly why I dont give two shits if Trump is a good man, or not...

Reactions: jet812
He’s a prime example of what character & integrity will do for us all in the WH. Good man, bad President. At the end of the day, those virtues don’t mean shit in office if they’re wrapped up in bad policy, whereas good policy in the hands of a scoundrel can serve us quite well. Pretend Republicans will see again soon enough.

That’s some sad reasoning for supporting a candidate who has no character or integrity. Very sad.

It’s idol worship. Insecure people need a sense of comfort from their President. Like a warm blanket of sorts.

I share your vision that I can draw comfort and morality from people actually close to me. A president is someone I’m hiring to do a job. The contractor who cheats on his wife but still does a bang up job is preferable to the contractor who moonlights as a pastor but takes weeks to get anything done, charges out the ass and does a shit job.

But alas, many people need a politician whispering sweet nothings in their ear. A major problem with our politics.

It’s idol worship. Insecure people need a sense of comfort from their President. Like a warm blanket of sorts.

I share your vision that I can draw comfort and morality from people actually close to me. A president is someone I’m hiring to do a job. The contractor who cheats on his wife but still does a bang up job is preferable to the contractor who moonlights as a pastor but takes weeks to get anything done, charges out the ass and does a shit job.

But alas, many people need a politician whispering sweet nothings in their ear. A major problem with our politics.
That is the most ironic post I’ve seen on this board in days. Only one candidate in this race has worshipers.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe

I don't know what Jimmy Carter wants in his end of life, but I suspect that his family knows better than I do. I don't know what it will be like or what my family will do with me when I'm 100, but they're good people so I trust they'll look after my best interest. The only other option is to pay a lawyer to write it up and continue updating it as my moods change. That seems like a colossal waste of money given my relationship with my kids.

All that said, Collin Rugg is a top of class douche. If he sincerely is concerned for President Carter (which seems extremely difficult to believe), what does the number of primary votes Kamala Harris got have to do with it? That's the tell that he doesn't actually give two shits about Jimmy Carter.

He's not been overtly political in the 45 yrs since he left office. Rosalyn passes and suddenly he's only holding on so he can vote for Kamala.

Horrible president, but great human being. Nobody believes what's being claimed, do they?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT