ADVERTISEMENT

The Warriors' playoff chances might rest on...a rookie

Awful night for the Warriors, as their season comes to end ,but a great rookie season from TJD- bright future ahead in the league.

Klay Thompson with the worst performance from a starting guard since… Fletcher Loyer vs. UConn. 30 minutes, 0-10 shooting, 0 points.

Awful night for the Warriors, as their season comes to end ,but a great rookie season from TJD- bright future ahead in the league.

Klay Thompson with the worst performance from a starting guard since… Fletcher Loyer vs. UConn. 30 minutes, 0-10 shooting, 0 points.

I would say the second worst performance of the night was Kerr and his rotations.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Yeah they've had their run-it was spectacular, but its over now. Time to break it up like the Bulls in '99.
Only question is who/how do they break it up? Like everything else it'll be about value...but I suspect #30 will have a say as well.

Thompson's value has to be fairly low at this point.

Wiggins is probably on the block, with Kuminga's improvements.

CP3 likely done.

Draymond Green's value also probably fairly low.

They won't get rid of Kuminga, TJD, or Podszienski, I'm sure...obviously not Curry either.

Outside Wiggins, Moses Moody might actually have the most trade value.

They're in a tough spot. Dunleavy has a lot of work ahead of him.

Yeah they've had their run-it was spectacular, but its over now. Time to break it up like the Bulls in '99.
for GS's sake, I hope not. Bulls haven't been back to the finals since.

Different circumstances too. Bulls had just completed their second 3-peat. Crumbs Krause finally won his battle of wills vs Jordan/Pippen/Big Chief Triangle. Thought he could prove the Bulls dynasty was as much his doing as #23 and Phil Jackson. Got lucky with the lotto balls, picked Elton Brand #1. First of many mistakes that doomed the franchise. Derrick Rose's knees being another. Those days now just a very distant memory in Chicago for anyone over the age of 35.

GS team break up is by necessity, as shown on the court last night. Bulls was forced-destruction due to egos/personality conflicts. Between the Pippen/Krause feud, the Phil/Krause feud, and freak show Rodman, they were holding it together with strings that last season.

for GS's sake, I hope not. Bulls haven't been back to the finals since.

Different circumstances too. Bulls had just completed their second 3-peat. Crumbs Krause finally won his battle of wills vs Jordan/Pippen/Big Chief Triangle. Thought he could prove the Bulls dynasty was as much his doing as #23 and Phil Jackson. Got lucky with the lotto balls, picked Elton Brand #1. First of many mistakes that doomed the franchise. Derrick Rose's knees being another. Those days now just a very distant memory in Chicago for anyone over the age of 35.

GS team break up is by necessity, as shown on the court last night. Bulls was forced-destruction due to egos/personality conflicts. Between the Pippen/Krause feud, the Phil/Krause feud, and freak show Rodman, they were holding it together with strings that last season.

I've always wondered if they could have run it back one more time. Probably no way Pippen would have stayed around again. So many egos...

Also wondered what would have happened if Jordan didn't retire the first time. Other than Jordan and Pippen the 2nd 3peat team was quite a bit different than the 1st and it might have been necessary to take those in between years to re-tool. Of course building around Jordan and Pippen is a pretty good place to start.

My interest in the nba was basically over once that team was done but it was a fun decade!

I've always wondered if they could have run it back one more time. Probably no way Pippen would have stayed around again. So many egos...

Also wondered what would have happened if Jordan didn't retire the first time. Other than Jordan and Pippen the 2nd 3peat team was quite a bit different than the 1st and it might have been necessary to take those in between years to re-tool. Of course building around Jordan and Pippen is a pretty good place to start.

My interest in the nba was basically over once that team was done but it was a fun decade!
I hated the Bulls, but I think MJ is the goat and it’s not too close.

If he didn’t retire I highly doubt they win eight in a row. That’s exhausting, they would have gotten burned out and lost a few. The first retirement or gambling ban was probably a blessing in disguise to rest and retool.

It is crazy the ‘98 team just disbanded. That’s the exhaustion and burn out that comes from such a run.

yep they had to replace Horace, Bill Cartwright and Paxton along with key bench guys like Livingston. The new pcs were ready when Jordan returned, including Kukoc. But by 1998 Pippen wanted out. Was ready to strangle Krause. Pip was a great player but was also immature and selfish. And by the end, Rodman was washed up and more about antics on, and off, the court vs plain rebounding and defense. It was the right time to pull the plug.

Reactions: CriticArisen
yep they had to replace Horace, Bill Cartwright and Paxton along with key bench guys like Livingston. The new pcs were ready when Jordan returned, including Kukoc. But by 1998 Pippen wanted out. Was ready to strangle Krause. Pip was a great player but was also immature and selfish. And by the end, Rodman was washed up and more about antics on, and off, the court vs plain rebounding and defense. It was the right time to pull the plug.
Don’t know if it’s true but good story-

Krause to MJ-There is no I in team Michael

MJ to Krause-But there is in WIN

We watched the first half and such a disappointment. All the talk from Kerr over the last 7-8 games and then that. Definitely weird.
We've been following all season because of TJD (he's our daughter's favorite player) and it's been fun watching him develop. Twitter has been calling for Kerr's head for awhile but in reality I think the team is now just a bunch of pieces as opposed to a cohesive unit. Kuminga is a stud , Curry is Curry but there are a bunch of ?????? after that. I love the fact that my kiddo is so interested in bball as she REALLY got into IU last season, followed the ups n downs this year and now probably knows more about the NBA than me. ha. We talk hoops all the time and text each other updates, box scores and recruiting updates. :)

We've been following all season because of TJD (he's our daughter's favorite player) and it's been fun watching him develop. Twitter has been calling for Kerr's head for awhile but in reality I think the team is now just a bunch of pieces as opposed to a cohesive unit. Kuminga is a stud , Curry is Curry but there are a bunch of ?????? after that. I love the fact that my kiddo is so interested in bball as she REALLY got into IU last season, followed the ups n downs this year and now probably knows more about the NBA than me. ha. We talk hoops all the time and text each other updates, box scores and recruiting updates. :)
My oldest son said "we got Ballo" last night. I held back the tears.

Of course he followed it up with "we'll probably still suck"...

But I'll take the "we" references. He hasn't really done that much before.

Reactions: CriticArisen
My oldest son said "we got Ballo" last night. I held back the tears.

Of course he followed it up with "we'll probably still suck"...

But I'll take the "we" references. He hasn't really done that much before.
LOL. I’ve tried to explain how important IU bball was when I was a kid but it just doesn’t register (it can’t). She loves going toe to toe with her PU loving friends at school because she knows her stuff and she also loves making fun of me for caring so much. Hahaha. She doesn’t get it……yet.

How does she feel about Caitlin Clarke?

We've been following her also, along with the IU ladies' team. Watched ALOT of women's march madness this year and we really got into all the personalities and teams...it was really fun. We watched the WNBA draft on MON to see where Holmes was going to go...and er, uh, for Cameron Brink purposes. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT