ADVERTISEMENT

The toughest schedule in America

I thought p u had already done that!?!?

You mean Nevada, Vanderbilt and TCU weren't all ranked # 1 when the fighting bromadis played them!??!!

Surely that must have been true!

I'm certain (based on all the p u propaganda spewed about) that p u must have had the toughest schedule in the country...! (Dripping With Sarcasm)

//Reality check for the willing to overpay their head coach by about 5 million crowd: Ball State would most likely beat Nevada and Vanderbilt..., and TCU is sitting at 5-6 right now...//

Silly boilers...

I suppose that sort of thing is to be expected from a crowd who would bother to lie about having the "largest" drum...

Last edited:
It's not enjoyable to me. I've witnessed Indiana do this for years when playing five different top ten teams throughout the season and lose.

I would love to be able to beat every damn one of them, but until the recruiting is in place, no thanks. I'm fine with playing a few top 10-15 teams, but to face three number 1 teams, does nothing for me. If it would help in signing top 25 recruiting classes, perhaps I'd feel a little different.

Reactions: vesuvius13

You mean Nevada, Vanderbilt and TCU weren't all ranked # 1 when the fighting bromadis played them!??!!

I'm certain (based on all the p u propaganda spewed about) that p u must have had the toughest schedule in the country...! (Dripping With Sarcasm)

//Reality check for the willing to overpay their head coach by about 5 million crowd: Ball State would most likely beat Nevada and Vanderbilt..., and TCU is sitting at 5-6 right now...//

Silly boilers...

I suppose that sort of thing is to be expected from a crowd who would bother to lie about having the "largest" drum...

Purdue played the 16th toughest schedule in the country based on College Football reference...

IU ? They come in at 49th

Purdue played the 16th toughest schedule in the country based on College Football reference...

IU ? They come in at 49th

And you lost to Nevada (one of my Favorite games of the year) while they were playing a backup freshman QB who hadn't even started for his High School team...; got literally Run Over by a below .500 TCU team...; and beat a Vanderbilt team that wouldn't be able to consistently compete in the MAC (which apparently Everyone else in the entire country is aware of besides you)...

That's impressive to..., well..., No One...

Hey Purdue, if you are going to go 1-2 out of conference, why don't you start your season with road games at Alabama and Oklahoma? Then you can really brag how tough your schedule is.

Reactions: 76-1
Texas AM scheduling was tough by today’s standards certainly playing 3 teams who were ranked #1 is something that would be hard to duplicate.However thinking that today’s teams play difficult schedules is laughable .Take some time and go back and check out results I think you would find today’s teams scheduling are silly as far as difficult.Example 1976 Missouri 6-5 record played at USC-8 Illinois atOhioSt -2 North Carolina-14 at Kansas St Iowa St at Nebraska-3 at Oklahoma St-16 Colorado-13 atOklahoma-14 Kansas .I would think go back you could find these schedules for all teams before watering down of competition.Also note Missouri played 6 road games beating USC and Ohio State on the road.Wonder why stands aren’t full might have something to do with it Western Carolina,Samford on the 11th week of the season seems a little silly.Thats 11 power 5 opponents out of 11 and 7 out 11 in top 16 .I am sure you can back in Indiana’s history and find same thing.What you are watching now is rigged money crab.Still fun to watch but it is what is don’t be fooled.

Last edited:
TCU is a damn good program, they compete in the B12 on a regular basis...go look at the talent in their roster. Maybe I should ask you if Purdue was dealing with any injuries in that game?

Nevada is coached by a damn good coach and they also happen to be undefeated at home. Lets see IU play a game on the road at altitude to start the season. Thats a game we should have won, but it was also a trap game for an extremely young team.

Lets talk about all those powerhouse teams IU has beat? Last time we got OSU at home we kicked their asses, how’d IU do?

Of course thats when we had moore neal and bailey, those players Hoosiers think don’t matter
So your SOS argument includes the talent on an opposing team's roster, the opponent's program history, how good the opposing coach is/has been, a stadium's altitude above mean sea level, whether or not it was a trap game for you, and your team's injuries? I'd love to see the methodology that takes all of that into account. I can't find any of that in the example you gave though.

If you have that methodology proven out, you should license it to ESPN or some other big time entity. Hell, you may have just made the CFP committee irrelevant with this fresh and exciting take on SOS. Great job!

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Actually, i just take it from sports reference college football

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/

Then I look at IUs schedule and see UCONN, Ball State and Eastern Illinois and compare the to @Nevada, TCU and Vandy

Then figure we played at UW, Minnesota, at PSU, and Illinois who are having a great year

UW, Minnesota and Penn State were all ranked top ten this year.

How many top 10 teams has IU played?

I see the link. No need to keep posting it. Carries the same weight as mine did.

As of current AP rankings, we've played 2 in Ohio State and Michigan. I see Purdue has played 1 team that's currently in the AP's top 10. But maybe the AP fails to use a stadium's altitude as a key criteria in their rankings. Sounds like a good prospect for you and your groundbreaking methodology.

Game# - Purdue - IU -- advantage (reason)

1 - @ Nevada - Ball St -- advantage Purdue (at a current bowl eligible team is tougher than a bottom level Mac school in what was basically a home game.)

2 - Vanderbilt - Eastern Illinois -- advantage Purdue (bottom of the SEC vs a non D1 FBS school)

3 - TCU - Uconn -- advantage Purdue (no reason needed)

4 - Minnesota - Ohio State -- advantage IU (Minnesota is in the top 10 but OSU is most likely the best team in college football this year)

5 - @Penn State - @ MSU -- advantage Purdue (top 15 school vs a big disappointment)

6 - Maryland - Rutgers -- advantage Purdue (3rd worst team in the conference vs the worst P5 team in college football this year)

7 - @ Iowa - @ Maryland -- advantage Purdue (@ a ranked team vs @ a weak Maryland team)

8 - Illinois - @ Nebraska -- advantage IU (Illinois is bowl eligible but lost a close one to Nebraska and the IU game was away from home)

9 - Nebraska - Northwestern -- advantage Purdue (Nebraska is better than Northwestern)

10 - @ Northwestern - @ Penn State -- advantage IU (no reason needed)

11 - @wisconsin - Michigan -- advantage Purdue (Playing @ Wisconsin is something that Michigan fans can tell you isn't easy since they were embarrassed there this year)

12 - IU - @Purdue - not counting this game in this comparison

Of the 11 weeks compared it shakes out 8-3 in Purdues favor for a more difficult schedule. Just like with the attendance topic brought up in the other thread this is a weird thing to be discussed here IMO.

Reactions: guidelinesa2
Just put these p u idiots on ignore...

Anybody who believes Nevada is a tough out of conference matchup really isn't worth the time to attempt to converse with...

The great news is: We get to play an actual football game this weekend to settle the whose team is better question... (something evidently those two idiots have forgotten)...

It's a shame it won't be played on a field that's not a dangerous mud hole but that just one of the many negatives of having to go up to that dump...

Just put these p u idiots on ignore...

Anybody who believes Nevada is a tough out of conference matchup really isn't worth the time to attempt to converse with...

The great news is: We get to play an actual football game this weekend to settle the whose team is better question... (something evidently those two idiots have forgotten)...

It's a shame it won't be played on a field that's not a dangerous mud hole but that just one of the many negatives of having to go up to that dump...
Tougher schedule has nothing to do with being a better team.

Also, MY point was only that @ Nevada was tougher than just ball st and not a general statement about it being a tough out of conference matchup. I'm not dumb enough to think Nevada is a good football team overall this year. I'm also not dumb enough to think a soon to be 4-8 Mac school is a tougher matchup than a SEC school regardless of record.

Maybe if Purdue can schedule a little tougher out of conference schedule in the future, you can go 0-3 and really brag about it.
No reason to brag about it but since the topic of tougher schedules was brought up then it can be discussed. I think I'm in the group that would like an easier out of conference schedule goin forward.

Minnesota didn't play anyone tough in the nonconference, looked bad against the cupcakes they did play, figured it out come conference season enough that they upset penn state, and are a top 10 team.

IU had a weak nonconference but now has the best regular season record since the 90s with a chance at finishing with 9 wins.

Purdue is 1 of a handful of teams to play 11 power 5 opponents and the only non power 5 game was a couple time zones away against a bowl eligible team in the altitude. Where did that get Purdue this year? 4-7! I'd take the easy nonconference schedule from the 2 schools above and this years Purdue squad would probably be playing with a chance to get win #7 in the regular season. Something that hasn't happened since Tiller was here.

Let's face it. Purdue would be undefeated if they had played IU's schedule and not had any injuries. ;)

Penn State, Minnesota and Wisconsin were all in the top 10 this year. Indiana has only played two teams that have been in the top ten. That minnesota team that may actually be in the B10 championship game.
So then I'll say you didn't play anyone when they were actually ranked in the top 10. Minny - unranked and you took the L. Penn State #12 - L. UW #14 - L. All based on your official purdue sports site.
https://purduesports.com/sports/football/schedule/2019

This is boring the crap out of me. Off to the ignore list for you.

Reactions: 76-1 and midwolfe
What would IUs record be with our schedule?

Likely the exact same as Purdue if not worse.
If IU played Purdues schedule I feel pretty confident they'd have 6 wins right now
Nevada
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Nebraska
Maryland
Illinois

Id like to see them against Iowa to be honest

hiFsS8b.jpg

Silly boilers...

For the all the crying about Purdue fans being here and how they are obsessed with us... You bring them up a lot

For the all the crying about Purdue fans being here and how they are obsessed with us... You bring them up a lot

Its Bucket week dumb__s...

See you moved to one of your other 3...5...8... (lost track) handles Ord...

IU has 2 wins over teams with 3 wins between them, with 2 of those wins being over UMASS. You are not in any position to talk about strength of schedule. At the end of the day, they are 7-4, and IU has not beaten anyone with a winning record.

If Purdue wins on Saturday, both teams will be 4-5 in the big ten.
Since we only beat teams without a winning record, guess it’s a good thing we play PU this week.

Reactions: 76-1
Our wins are against poor teams can't stick our head in the sand on this

Our wins are against poor teams can't stick our head in the sand on this
Unlike their wins?

The issue is them trying to pass off their noncon schedule as some sort murderer's row while disparaging our wins, like going 1-3 is a badge of honor. You would think a school with their "tradition" would be better than that against a traditional power like Nevada.

Not talking about theirs just ours
Unlike their wins?

The issue is them trying to pass off their noncon schedule as some sort murderer's row while disparaging our wins, like going 1-3 is a badge of honor. You would think a school with their "tradition" would be better than that against a traditional power like Nevada.

Not talking about theirs just ours
Unlike their wins?

Unlike their wins?

Purdue is not good this year. If IU doesn’t win by 14+ you should be embarrassed.

Reactions: guidelinesa2
Purdue is not good this year. If IU doesn’t win by 14+ you should be embarrassed.
With that noncon schedule you guys are bragging about relative to ours, I don't know how you could possibly lose. Although according to my research, your stadium doesn't give you any home field advantage in regards to elevation. Tough call.

With that noncon schedule you guys are bragging about relative to ours, I don't know how you could possibly lose. Although according to my research, your stadium doesn't give you any home field advantage in regards to elevation. Tough call.

Who is bragging? Purdue is not good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT