ADVERTISEMENT

The Official Score Prediction Thread: INDIANA vs Michigan State

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
Tough Call..., I have no valid reason to believe our Offense can put up more than 24 points against these guys but I'm going with a gut feeling (hope thats not just indigestion) that we've adjusted our playbook to the Reality of our self evaluation and may find a way to put up 27 on them...

My guess:

INDIANA 27
M$U ........24

Reactions: vesuvius13
IU 17
MSU 14

Go Hoosiers!

See you all in the Purple Lot. I'll be serving biscuits & gravy and probably some bacon & eggs. My research indicates it pairs well with Busch Light out of a beer bong.

IU 17
MSU 14

Go Hoosiers!

See you all in the Purple Lot. I'll be serving biscuits & gravy and probably some bacon & eggs. My research indicates it pairs well with Busch Light out of a beer bong.
Pig candy on BLT + Gs . . . BLTs with guacamole . . . .

Tough Call..., I have no valid reason to believe our Offense can put up more than 24 points against these guys but I'm going with a gut feeling (hope thats not just indigestion) that we've adjusted our playbook to the Reality of our self evaluation and may find a way to put up 27 on them...

My guess:

INDIANA 27
M$U ........24
Hoosiers win this one: 24-17

INDIANA 38
Michigan St. 16

We housed these guys last year at their place. We will be confident, pissed, and will have an offense with, at minimum, a pulse and, more likely, some rhythm and tempo.

They have a really balanced offense and our defense is banged up. The question will be if the offense can score enough points to keep up

MSU 28
IU 23

Reactions: TomEric4756
IU 23 MSU 17 Team pride and Homecoming give IU a bump to do better than just compete, as in years past.
- Defense showed a lot of team pride, Offense didn’t produce red zone TDs when needed in 1st half, and needed more 3rd down conversations in 2nd half.

I need to own my reviews of Sagarin and ESPN FPI Rankings.
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...ord-will-exceed-4-7-or-2-9-beat-sparty.214183/
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/bloomington’s-own-sagarin-ratings-week-6.214241/

IU needs to prove it on the field, to move up in ranks.
- Another quality loss, will keep us in the middle of the pack.

Cinci game film will convince MSU not to make the mistake of overlooking an underrated IU squad, despite their top 10 rankings in the polls. Tough IU defense will not be a surprise.
- But the defense did surprise in the 1st half, best half of the year by far … and played well enough in the 2nd half.

I don’t think IU can win in a shootout — but I don’t think IU will need to.
IU’s front seven will contain Walker, pressure Thorne and improve 3rd Down efficiency, defense.
Tuttle having game reps vs. top BiG defenses (Wisc (2020), IA, and PSU), will get enough done and take care of the rock.
- It wasn’t a shootout — and offense is clearly not ready for one of those. Over six consecutive incompletions were nearly as bad as the two INTs.
- Defense held a Heisman hopeful TB to 84 yds. Give MSU credit for finding the bootleg pass for the two early 2nd half first downs — they started playing with more confidence.

Evans will need his best game of the year — so will the coverage teams.
- The one short punt was unfortunate, but not especially a big factor, in my view. Coverage team kept the Sparty return game in check.

PS. Game time forecast is 55 degrees and sunny … nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
INDIANA 38
Michigan St. 16

We housed these guys last year at their place. We will be confident, pissed, and will have an offense with, at minimum, a pulse and, more likely, some rhythm and tempo.
We were way better last year and they were way worse. That's why we housed them. We're way worse now and they're way better.

I don't do predictions but I think Tuttle will spark the offense tomorrow. I think the short pass game will be successful. Tuttle will build confidence and the oline will respond and we'll make the game close.
If I'm wrong it's going to be a rough year.

My guess:

INDIANA 27
M$U ........24

We comin!

Receivers actually hold on to balls today. JT gets all the credit. Hoosiers roll 33- 21

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT