ADVERTISEMENT

The guy just does strange things...

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Congrats to Grant Gelon. Rawle Alkins, Thon Maker, Bruce Brown, none of these guys work any harder on their game than Grant does, I'm sure. So keep working Grant, can't wait to see what you can do next fall in Bloomington.

Blank stares and question marks to Coach Crean...yet again. To me, this is like taking a rushed 26 foot three pointer, with a hand in your face, 5 seconds into an important possession. I'm sure Crean sees something in Grant, and if he ends up being a contributor...great shot! Crowd goes wild...but he can get that shot at any time. And if Grant is some sort of Boiler Room type closer, and convinced CTC that he was going to accept the Western Michigan offer if IU didn't offer, then dribble somewhere else and take a different rushed 3 point shot. That can really be the only explanation here. That Crean sees something more in this kid, and he didn't want him to jump at his only other D1 offer.

The only problem with all this is that I'm trying to find an explanation. I should have learned by now that trying to figure out what Coach Crean is thinking is like a dog chasing its tail. It seems to be very important to catch that tail, but 1)it isn't going to happen 2)it won't really solve anything if the tail is caught

The scheduling of so many 300+ games.

The late recruitments of a couple guys last year.

The David Williams recruitment.

Changing defenses mid possession.

Playing zone defenses in key situations when man to man has actually been working.

Substitution patterns.

On and on and on...

And now, recruiting, offering, and accepting a scholarship in early August from an unranked, basically unrecruited kid in your home state. Before the bevy of high major kids you've recruited longer, and are a finalist for, start making their decisions.

I don't understand you Coach Crean. I'm now at a point where I don't really trust you with my favorite sports team. But I'll be watching you, and your team, and hoping that at some point, we all start getting some answers to these types of unexplainable decisions. And strangely, I still want you to be successful.

Maybe you just landed our Spike Albrecht? Please keep him on the team long enough for us to find out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News