ADVERTISEMENT

The Eclipse Thread

Zeke can confirm, our Teams box just had photos from the stadium and it wasn't even a poorly attended football game.

How was Bill's monologue?
It gave me goose bumps! He’s got such a great voice! It was about 15-20 minutes with an accompanying orchestra. Some history, some astronomy, some Indiana, and a Go Hoosiers! I’m glad I went. Just fun to experience in a group. I’m awful with numbers… 5,000 people maybe?

Last edited:
It gave me goose bumps! He’s got such a great voice! It was about 15-20 with an accompanying orchestra. Some history, some astronomy, some Indiana, and a Go Hoosiers! I’m glad I went. Just fun to experience in a group. I’m awful with numbers… 5,000 people maybe?

If that number is anywhere close, that's a bust.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
They were supposed to be closing down Jordan and they never did. I think the numbers must have scared lots of people away.

Reactions: UncleMark
Ahem. That's Dave Baker Ave. Not that racist bastards name.
Tell me you’re kidding. Haven’t been back to Bloomington for three or four years. Are you telling me they re-named Jordan Avenue? How about the river?

Somebody is blasting dark side of the moon in the neighborhood.

I’ll allow it.

Somebody in the WalMart parking lot was playing it quite loudly. They had apparently done some research and timed it almost perfectly for the last bit of the sun to go dark just as they finished with the line, "...but the sun is eclipsed by the moooooonnn." They either got lucky or they were geniuses.

Last edited:
It’s starting to get cooler. It’s not going to freeze like The Day After Tomorrow is it? I didn’t bring a wrap.

Somebody in the WalMart parking lot was playing it quite loudly. They had apparently done some research and timed it almost perfectly for the last bit of the sun to go dark just as they finished with the line, "...but the sun is eclipsed by the moooooonnn." They either got lucky or they were geniuses.
There was a website giving out the time.

Tell me you’re kidding. Haven’t been back to Bloomington for three or four years. Are you telling me they re-named Jordan Avenue? How about the river?
Jordan is now Eagleson. The north Jordan extension is Dave Baker. The Jordan River is now the Campus River. And Jordan Hall is simply the Biology building or something like that.

• Angry
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Yes, we saw it. Were you in Memorial Stadium? A big cheer went up when it happened. I was wondering if a professional photographer got a good shot of that happening.
I wondered what that cheer was for!!

Yes, we saw it. Were you in Memorial Stadium? A big cheer went up when it happened. I was wondering if a professional photographer got a good shot of that happening.
I was laying down on my front deck. You could see the contrail and the plane heading east right after totality. Wife said she saw in cross over the moon, which was before I saw it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT