ADVERTISEMENT

The cost of this loss

IUNY

Freshman
Sep 8, 2013
Winning this game would have paid countless dividends. Beating an SEC team in Florida would have had immeasurable value on a national level. Yes, the 8-4 regular season is one to be valued and definitely will keep our momentum going, but I think we would be closer to our destination if we put this one in the W column. Anyway, looking forward to spring practice.

Reactions: DGJRieman
Winning this game would have paid countless dividends. Beating an SEC team in Florida would have had immeasurable value on a national level. Yes, the 8-4 regular season is one to be valued and definitely will keep our momentum going, but I think we would be closer to our destination if we put this one in the W column. Anyway, looking forward to spring practice.

It's going to hurt in recruiting and in season ticket sales.

I don't know how many people watched that game all the way to the wire, but 90% of them were saying "same old Indiana"........

I don't know how many people watched that game all the way to the wire, but 90% of them were saying "same old Indiana"........

And unfortunately all most will remember is the last few minutes, not the 3Q which we dominated. Or the grit through the first half where we could have easily been down 17 instead of 6 before the interception and ensuing FG.

It should not hurt recruiting - big time stage and a very good performance!
As far as ticket sales - it won't affect it one bit! IU "fans" are always looking for a reason to stay away.

It should not hurt recruiting - big time stage and a very good performance!
As far as ticket sales - it won't affect it one bit! IU "fans" are always looking for a reason to stay away.

I think you're wrong. Beating Tenn and getting to 9 wins would have been looked upon as a big deal. How many teams with a winning record have we beat since CTA got there?

And unfortunately all most will remember is the last few minutes, not the 3Q which we dominated. Or the grit through the first half where we could have easily been down 17 instead of 6 before the interception and ensuing FG.

I thought it was the best defensive performance of the year, especially by the secondary.

Did you see Mullen stomping on the ground, all pissed off as the clock ran out? I love that guy...he hates to lose. I thought McFadden and Jones stepped up big time, as well.

I thought it was the best defensive performance of the year, especially by the secondary.

Did you see Mullen stomping on the ground, all pissed off as the clock ran out? I love that guy...he hates to lose. I thought McFadden and Jones stepped up big time, as well.
We need more guys like Mullen. That guy gets it and will be a great player going forward.

Reactions: iueyedoc99

Always hard to see watching on TV if a lot of those terrible throws by the UT QB were open when he threw it but the DB made a great play.

Either way the DBs were flying around all night, in a good way

Reactions: red hornet
Stupidity again..
Your on national t.v. ..In Florida where coach Allen recruits well..
Indiana played well until the last 5 minutes.
Purdue was embarrassed last year in their bowl game... Auburn hung 63 !!! On them.
Still recruited well this year..

Those people are fools. The "same ole Indiana" would not have been in Jacksonville in the first place. Secondly, Your team is littered with youth. Young players grow into seasoned stronger experienced players, the future is bright for the cream and crimson.

A win would have been a boost to recruiting, but the loss did not hurt recruiting. Making a very good showing is going to be a net plus for IU

Don't disagree with that....I was talking about the close loss v. a win. I just think a win would have been huge. A close loss is a net benefit but much, much smaller, because it fits into the 'same old IU' mantra, especially how it came about. It's easy to make fun of that loss.

Always hard to see watching on TV if a lot of those terrible throws by the UT QB were open when he threw it but the DB made a great play.

Either way the DBs were flying around all night, in a good way

No doubt....I really liked Reece laying out on that long bomb....that guy has to play more next year.

Don't disagree with that....I was talking about the close loss v. a win. I just think a win would have been huge. A close loss is a net benefit but much, much smaller, because it fits into the 'same old IU' mantra, especially how it came about. It's easy to make fun of that loss.
No, it's not easy to "make fun" of a one point loss in a game that everyone expected to be close. It's easy to be critical of the way some things were managed, but it's not easy to make fun of. On the other hand, it's very easy to make fun of, for example, a humiliating 63-14 loss in a bowl game.

No, it's not easy to "make fun" of a one point loss in a game that everyone expected to be close. It's easy to be critical of the way some things were managed, but it's not easy to make fun of. On the other hand, it's very easy to make fun of, for example, a humiliating 63-14 loss in a bowl game.

We'd be laughing our asses off if Purdue or OSU lost like we did........but I agree it was no disaster like Purdue/Auburn.

Oh, we are in trouble alright.
This game will set us back decades.

We were in a much better position when we were 4-8 with no bowl. That’s when the future was really bright.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Oh, we are in trouble alright.
This game will set us back decades.

We were in a much better position when we were 4-8 with no bowl. That’s when the future was really bright.

Are you serious or sarcastic? This is not a major setback. Those guys are going to come back pissed off next year but knowing how fun that taste of Bowl juice is.

How about wait to you know more. Are there other coaching changes? Who is new OC? What other players may leave (and what other recruits may sign?). How is Penix progressing?

Next year could surpass this year. Maybe then you’ll stop losing your mind so easily.

Are you serious or sarcastic? This is not a major setback. Those guys are going to come back pissed off next year but knowing how fun that taste of Bowl juice is.

How about wait to you know more. Are there other coaching changes? Who is new OC? What other players may leave (and what other recruits may sign?). How is Penix progressing?

Next year could surpass this year. Maybe then you’ll stop losing your mind so easily.

Take a deep, deep breath.

That was absolute sarcasm.
The fact that we are grimacing over 8-5 is ironic considering I had us at 6-7 wins this year.

Last night sucked. I was there and that hopeless feeling sitting there watching things unravel in 6 minutes was not fun but it beats the previous two years.

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT