ADVERTISEMENT

The cheating Heels play again for a title; what a joke

I think this will amount to nothing. It's really bad. But ultimately the NCAA doesn't regulate the content of courses at a University. So they'll skate free.

UK is dirty, but they don't really apologize for it. They're one and done U. Get guys to the NBA. But UNC is really no different. They just act like they are unique and that they do things differently. They don't. The Carolina way is a marketing campaign. But it's bull$hit.

My take is, either it's clean and you crack down on all of it. Or you just let it all go. But the worst of the worst are those that act high and mighty while a operating a dirty program.

Reactions: BrewCityCy
Academic fraud has to be the worst offense committed by any institution.

Roy is CHEATING the KIDS from obtaining meaningful education. It goes beyond phone calls, cash inducements, etc.

Shame on NCAA for doing NOTHING.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Even if the NCAA were to bring down the hammer, it will be far too late (and likely far too little). There are several truths to NCAA major athletics: 1) NEVER self-report under any circumstances, 2) when it comes to cheating, the risk to reward ratio is strongly favors the reward, 3) If you're caught and punished it will only be a minor set back if you are one of their "cash cows" - if not your program will be severely damaged.

All that said, I believe a program can still be very successful without being dirty - and that is the only kind I would consider supporting.

Reactions: TM2013
I think this will amount to nothing. It's really bad. But ultimately the NCAA doesn't regulate the content of courses at a University. So they'll skate free.

UK is dirty, but they don't really apologize for it. They're one and done U. Get guys to the NBA. But UNC is really no different. They just act like they are unique and that they do things differently. They don't. The Carolina way is a marketing campaign. But it's bull$hit.

My take is, either it's clean and you crack down on all of it. Or you just let it all go. But the worst of the worst are those that act high and mighty while a operating a dirty program.

How or why would you add UK in this mess? UK is scrutinized, watched by every scum bag reporter looking to make a name by bringing down Cal and powerful Ky. But not 1 incident or infraction in 8 years. Think about that. Over 50 of the best recruits over that time. But not 1 of them have came back as dirty. Good Lord your talking about about 50 kids with fathers, coaches, handlers, friends, teammates. Now your in the hundreds of people. But no one is talking about a bag of money or fake grades? Its just ridiculous to include UK in any of this BS going on these days. If you don't like the 1 and done. Then guess what. Neither does Cal or UK. Thats a NBA rule. Not a UK or Duke rule. Of course Cal and UK wanted Davis, Wall, Cousins, Townes etc for more then a year. UK gets solid good young men from solid good families who produced strong student athletes that happen to be good enough to become millionaires with out playing 4 years of college ball. Thats all it is. Slam Cal all you want. His past is what it is. He deserves and earned that rep from his past behavior. I get that. But i'm proud of the young student athletes he has brought in over the past 8 years. Yes even Bledsoe. Would he take a chance on a young man with a sketchy academic record again? No. And he hasn't because he dosent have to. But knowing Bledsoe story. Today. Im glad he gave the young man the opportunity.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
How or why would you add UK in this mess? UK is scrutinized, watched by every scum bag reporter looking to make a name by bringing down Cal and powerful Ky. But not 1 incident or infraction in 8 years. Think about that. Over 50 of the best recruits over that time. But not 1 of them have came back as dirty. Good Lord your talking about about 50 kids with fathers, coaches, handlers, friends, teammates. Now your in the hundreds of people. But no one is talking about a bag of money or fake grades? Its just ridiculous to include UK in any of this BS going on these days. If you don't like the 1 and done. Then guess what. Neither does Cal or UK. Thats a NBA rule. Not a UK or Duke rule. Of course Cal and UK wanted Davis, Wall, Cousins, Townes etc for more then a year. UK gets solid good young men from solid good families who produced strong student athletes that happen to be good enough to become millionaires with out playing 4 years of college ball. Thats all it is. Slam Cal all you want. His past is what it is. He deserves and earned that rep from his past behavior. I get that. But i'm proud of the young student athletes he has brought in over the past 8 years. Yes even Bledsoe. Would he take a chance on a young man with a sketchy academic record again? No. And he hasn't because he dosent have to. But knowing Bledsoe story. Today. Im glad he gave the young man the opportunity.
#1 - Paragraphs
#2 - quit rooting for a cheating program.

You're here because you can't stop worrying about IU.

Anthony Davis and Trey Lyles say hi and thanks for the $$. Bledsoe flunked Algebra1,skipped Algebra2, and got an "A" in Algebra3 to be barely acceptable. UK admitted him, no questions asked, no testing to prove he passed. Kentucky Shame

Reactions: CC Mac
UK is a class act now, lol. Calipari put two NCAA programs on probation before going to UK and manipulates a loophole where players acquire less than 12 credits of classes. God knows what else is going on at UK because they never self report, never will. At least the players at UNC pretend to go to class and work on a degree for a number of years.

Bottom line: if you have to constantly defend Cal, journalists circle Cal like buzzards, and Cal has his own wing devoted to investigating him at the NCAA headquarters, then maybe, just maybe, UK isn't a model citizen.

Pull your head out of the sand.

UK doesn't cheat, they don't have to. They play by the rules given, whither you like the rules or not that is what we have. They have great kids year in and year out. Only Cousins has been a thug and I'm sure you won't see Cal giving any more thugs a chance with the headaches he got out of that experiment.

I grew up in Indiana and now live in Louisville but can't stand UK. With that said, Indiana has had so many more player incidents and receuiting and coaching violations it isn't even funny. It has been embarrassing. The only school Indiana can point a finger at is NC.

I expect CAM to right the ship very quickly in Bloomington. Let's focus on what we need not what everyone may or may not be doing.

One more thing, kids go to college to get prepared for there carrier, yes?

I think Cal does pretty well getting his kids ready for their NBA carrier. Would these kids make it to the NBA anyway, sure most of them would. They come to UK for one thing, improve their stock in the draft....you own't see them generally out and about at the parties like other schools. They are working on their game for the NBA....their chosen carrier path.

How is this different than someone going to school for a degree is what ever their chosen profession may be?

I think Cal does pretty well getting his kids ready for their NBA carrier. Would these kids make it to the NBA anyway, sure most of them would. They come to UK for one thing, improve their stock in the draft....you own't see them generally out and about at the parties like other schools. They are working on their game for the NBA....their chosen carrier path.

How is this different than someone going to school for a degree is what ever their chosen profession may be?

Is that aircraft carrier or newspaper carrier?

Anthony Davis and Trey Lyles say hi and thanks for the $$. Bledsoe flunked Algebra1,skipped Algebra2, and got an "A" in Algebra3 to be barely acceptable. UK admitted him, no questions asked, no testing to prove he passed. Kentucky Shame
Chris Mills prefers Fed Ex.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
If N.Car. academic cheating had happened at IU, then IU would have penalized itself and had been playing baseball players and walk ons on the basketball team and set itself back 5 - 10 years in recruiting. Meanwhile N.Car. is playing in back to back National Championship games while "stalling, denying wrongdoing, and throwing roadblocks in the way of the NCAA investigations while it's premier program the UNC basketball team under ol Roy just keeps piling up wins and $$$ to the university. IU is so stupid. Nobody else penalizes itself to the degree that IU did for a coach whose excessive phone calls and texts to recruits are now perfectly legal, and ol Roy says Thanks Kelvin Sampson and IU! as he makes another phone call to his latest All American recruit. And ol Roy has his UNC academic edvisors sign his latest batch of All-American recruits from all over the nation to keep me academically eligible classes such as North Carolina Basketall history for an A. See you in the fall, here's an envelope from "friends of the program". And the beat goes on. Likely winning their 6th national title tomorrow night while ol Roy winks to his boosters and academic advisors who drive away in their new cars.

Last edited:
I will be surprised if ol' Roy doesn't quit and get out of town after the title game. Dadgummit he can't watch everybody.

And 5.6 million in attorney fees is pocket change when the NC athletic department makes 90 million a year.

Ol Roy and Calipari are Pete Bell in Blue Chips. Meanwhile Pete the Cheat Carroll says HI from his NFL mansion.

Years and years of rampant cheating earn you that reputation. UK has had like 7 separate major infraction cases over the years. That's not our fault.

"There carrier?"

If N.Car. academic cheating had happened at IU, then IU would have penalized itself and had been playing baseball players and walk ons on the basketball team and set itself back 5 - 10 years in recruiting. Meanwhile N.Car. is playing in back to back National Championship games while "stalling, denying wrongdoing, and throwing roadblocks in the way of the NCAA investigations while it's premier program the UNC basketball team under ol Roy just keeps piling up wins and $$$ to the university. IU is so stupid. Nobody else penalizes itself to the degree that IU did for a coach whose excessive phone calls and texts to recruits are now perfectly legal, and ol Roy says Thanks Kelvin Sampson and IU! as he makes another phone call to his latest All American recruit. And ol Roy has his UNC academic edvisors sign his latest batch of All-American recruits from all over the nation to keep me academically eligible classes such as North Carolina Basketall history for an A. See you in the fall, here's an envelope from "friends of the program". And the beat goes on. Likely winning their 6th national title tomorrow night while ol Roy winks to his boosters and academic advisors who drive away in their new cars.
IU's self-imposed penalties were not debilitating. The reason the program blew up was two fold:
1. It was being held together by a poor steward of young men who quickly allowed the culture to rot from the inside out.
2. Because said coach was hired on probation, IU had no choice but to force him out, even if the infractions were relatively minor.

As a result of this disastrous combination, virtually everyone, both the good apples and the bad, were looking to bolt. In the long run, the program is probably healthier for it.

Years and years of rampant cheating earn you that reputation. UK has had like 7 separate major infraction cases over the years. That's not our fault.

When was the last infraction? When was IUs, Duke, Kansas, NC, Ucons last infractions.
I'm not arguing whats happened in the past or defending Cals past. Im saying today in this game UK plays above the board. And if they didn't. It would be front page news immediately.
Hell with social media Crean got popped for visiting a kid only hours after the no contact rule kicked in. You don't think if Cal was cheating one of the hundreds of people over the past 8 years would of had something?
It's just hard for you right now to see things moving past IU. I get that. But IU actually made a good move in Miller. Flint is a huge hire. Do not be surprised to see Miller and Flint recruiting and landing some of those 1 and dones you think are so corrupt.
And some are..so you better hope they have the same expectations when recruiting one of these east coast 1 and dones as Cal does. If not. You will get caught holding the bag.

When was the last infraction? When was IUs, Duke, Kansas, NC, Ucons last infractions.
I'm not arguing whats happened in the past or defending Cals past. Im saying today in this game UK plays above the board. And if they didn't. It would be front page news immediately.
Hell with social media Crean got popped for visiting a kid only hours after the no contact rule kicked in. You don't think if Cal was cheating one of the hundreds of people over the past 8 years would of had something?
It's just hard for you right now to see things moving past IU. I get that. But IU actually made a good move in Miller. Flint is a huge hire. Do not be surprised to see Miller and Flint recruiting and landing some of those 1 and dones you think are so corrupt.
And some are..so you better hope they have the same expectations when recruiting one of these east coast 1 and dones as Cal does. If not. You will get caught holding the bag.

For the record my original comments weren't meant to demean U.K. as they are today. You took it that way and went off to the races. I tend to agree that Calipari plays everything pretty above board these days.

It was meant as an indictment of Carolina fans who may want to preach nonsense like "The Carolina Way". And Old Roy's "gee shucks" routine even though he got Kansas put on probation and has resided over the current scandal at UNC.

They got just as much dirt on them as the rest of us, well aside from U.K. that is...

I don't understand the hatred of KS ... honestly he can coach and had us on the way back to elite. Excessive texts and phone calls, violations of trivial rules that are now legal, really? How is he not serving life? My God, if IU had any balls like UNC they would have not self reported and told the NCAA to STFU. Would have saved us $4 mill. and 9 years of torture.

I don't understand the hatred of KS ... honestly he can coach and had us on the way back to elite. Excessive texts and phone calls, violations of trivial rules that are now legal, really? How is he not serving life? My God, if IU had any balls like UNC they would have not self reported and told the NCAA to STFU. Would have saved us $4 mill. and 9 years of torture.
He lied. Then he broke the rules he said he wouldn't break. Oh, after breaking them at OU. Then he lied again about breaking the rules. Meanwhile, most of his players started a forest fire morning, noon and night while steadfastly avoiding any and all academic obligations.

If that's the kind of program you want, one of us is cheering for the wrong team.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
If there is any poetic justice in this world Gonzaga will win. Bur UNC is the antithesis if college athletics. In fact I wish IU had refused to play them this past season.

Here's their magnificent history, spanning multiple decades:

Major Infractions - January 10, 1953 - University of Kentucky
Improper financial aid; eligibility.

Major Infractions - April 19, 1964 - University of Kentucky
Out-of-season practice; questionable practice.

Major Infractions - December 01, 1976 - University of Kentucky
Improper entertainment, financial aid, lodging and transportation; extra benefits; out-of-season practice; complimentary tickets; improper recruiting entertainment, inducements and transportation; excessive number of official visits; outside fund; questionable practice; institutional control; certification of compliance.

Major Infractions - March 03, 1988 - University of Kentucky
Failure to cooperate fully with investigation.

Major Infractions - May 19, 1989 - University of Kentucky
Cash provided to prospective student-athlete; academic fraud; unethical conduct; lack of institutional control.

Major Infractions - January 31, 2002 - University of Kentucky
Violations of NCAA Bylaws governing recruiting, extra benefits, falsification of recruiting records, failure to control salary of an employee, failure in fiscal control of an outside organization, unethical conduct (including academic fraud), failure to monitor and a lack of institutional control.

The difference between UK and UNC is that the NCAA isnt afraid to hit UK basketball every couple decades. UNC and NCAA seem to of have had some kind of agreement to just look the other way for years and years and years (this all started under Dean Smith). They were all prepared to sweep this under the rug until Dan Kane and the Wainstein Report forced the NCAA to step up and actually have "reprimand" them. UNC will get off with some bogus penalties that dont affect their past or future. Sickening.

calculator-assignment-expert.gif

Reactions: jimmygoiu
For the record my original comments weren't meant to demean U.K. as they are today. You took it that way and went off to the races. I tend to agree that Calipari plays everything pretty above board these days.

It was meant as an indictment of Carolina fans who may want to preach nonsense like "The Carolina Way". And Old Roy's "gee shucks" routine even though he got Kansas put on probation and has resided over the current scandal at UNC.

They got just as much dirt on them as the rest of us, well aside from U.K. that is...

Well i apologize. I never defend Cal and his past. I lived in Memphis and was one of his biggest critics. His 1st class at UK i did not like. Today. Im glad Wall and Bledsoe and even Cousins played here. But at the time i was against recruiting kids like he recruited at Memphis. And it almost cost us. But i gotta admit after that 1st class Cal made some comments that I took as he would never take chances on questionable recruits again. And he hasn't. When people call these kid bad or not student athletes. I just challenge them to actually research the kid and his family. You will see they are good student athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT