ADVERTISEMENT

The Bucket Bowl... again...

IUHartselCol

Freshman
Nov 13, 2015
Here we are again....nothing to play for but school pride and bragging rights...such as they are... between two schools going nowhere. Odd...after 40+ years rooting for this program...it feels right at home.

I must be a masochist...or worse because I'll be watching...

Again...

Oh God...my meds must be around here some where...

• Sad
Reactions: vesuvius13 and td75
Coaching matters...Indiana fans are getting a dose of this weekly with TA ruining the show!!

Look at the development of the offense this year; they fire Bell, hire Carey as OC and the results are literally night and day. Again, coaching matters.

Coaching matters...Indiana fans are getting a dose of this weekly with TA ruining the show!!

Look at the development of the offense this year; they fire Bell, hire Carey as OC and the results are literally night and day. Again, coaching matters.
Talented players are what matters. Talented coaches attract talented players as the word gets out.

Some coaches are inherently more likable than others. Coaches Lee Corso, Terry Hoeppner and Bill Mallory receive high marks on the scale of like-ability. Coaches Gerry DiNardo and Kevin “Hic-cup”Wilson not so much.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Talented players are what matters. Talented coaches attract talented players as the word gets out.

Some coaches are inherently more likable than others. Coaches Lee Corso, Terry Hoeppner and Bill Mallory receive high marks on the scale of like-ability. Coaches Gerry DiNardo and Kevin “Hic-cup”Wilson not so much.
Indiana has displayed that they have the talent to be in position to win games this year. They have particularly shown this since the PSU game. That was a game they very well could have won against a top 10 team at their hostile stadium.

The losses against Louisville, Illinois, MSU, and of course the victory over Wisconsin, tell me that a superior coach wins those contests.

We will see if TA can get a W today. Purdue isn't a good team by any standard; can Allen coach his team to victory?

Indiana has displayed that they have the talent to be in position to win games this year. They have particularly shown this since the PSU game. That was a game they very well could have won against a top 10 team at their hostile stadium.

The losses against Louisville, Illinois, MSU, and of course the victory over Wisconsin, tell me that a superior coach wins those contests.

We will see if TA can get a W today. Purdue isn't a good team by any standard; can Allen coach his team to victory?

Allen offers absolutely zero competitive edge in any game against two evenly matched teams. In fact, he’s a liability and shown it for 5 of his 7 seasons. The other 2 seasons, the team was essentially being coached by DeBoer and Wommack, both actual head coaching material.
His team today will be a continuation of exactly what he’s proven to do time and again:
Sloppy play. Miscues. Bad alignments. Poor tackling. Terrible coverage. Dumb penalties.

Allen offers absolutely zero competitive edge in any game against two evenly matched teams. In fact, he’s a liability and shown it for 5 of his 7 seasons. The other 2 seasons, the team was essentially being coached by DeBoer and Wommack, both actual head coaching material.
His team today will be a continuation of exactly what he’s proven to do time and again:
Sloppy play. Miscues. Bad alignments. Poor tackling. Terrible coverage. Dumb penalties.
Maybe IU should pay to get top Coordinators for coach Allen that coaches the teams while coach Allen focuses on NIL and other things for the team.

Is it just me or are these announcers describing the game with one of Purdue Pete's nuts in each of their mouths?

• Wow
Reactions: GolfHacker1
Funny bc I just said I think one of those announcers is a volunteer high school kid bc network didn’t want to waste the money for a second guy in the booth for this irrelevant gave.

Couldn't agree more. This team has massively underachieved. At a minimum we should have won 2-3 more games this season.

Reactions: ESalum86 and td75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT