ADVERTISEMENT

The Black Boom

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
Under Trump policies.

Under Trump policies.

Be careful you don't want to show the truth around here. The guys I work with will love this. Thanks!

Under Trump policies.

The Black boom under Biden policies.

simple-cartoon-style-bomb-gun-bullet-icon-symbol-explosion-logo-sign-vector-id1263785439

I haven't read this book, nor do I know much about it beyond what is written here, but I do know that Donald Trump is going to do everything he can to get it to be a NYT bestseller.

He probably won't read it either, but people at his rallies are going to hear all about it, "Folks, have you heard about this book? The Black Boom? It says I did more for the black community than any president in history."

While I'm not in a position to doubt this author, I will say that nothing happens in a vacuum - especially presidential terms.

I haven't read this book, nor do I know much about it beyond what is written here, but I do know that Donald Trump is going to do everything he can to get it to be a NYT bestseller.

He probably won't read it either, but people at his rallies are going to hear all about it, "Folks, have you heard about this book? The Black Boom? It says I did more for the black community than any president in history."

While I'm not in a position to doubt this author, I will say that nothing happens in a vacuum - especially presidential terms.
Try to be open minded.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I have an honest question. Do you actually believe that US government officials enacted a policy exclusively to distribute crack pipes to underserved communities? Did you read the RFA for the grant or did you just gobble down the red meat Tom Cotton threw out there for you?
There are lots of people who believe The Man invented heroin and crack to keep The Brothers down.

Then again, they say 9-11 was an inside job.

Be careful you don't want to show the truth around here. The guys I work with will love this. Thanks!
I’ve
Another sex post from TMP. Wow. Yawn.

You are obviously dissatisfied with the size of your penis.

Please try and forget it long enough (see what I did there?) to apologize for all the Covid lies you told.

But get the band out of the garage before your mom comes home.
We know he has this little incel problem. He let the cat out of the bag with a post awhile ago.

Under Trump policies.

I'm actually kindof looking but can't find his case.

Care to expand on it?

All I find is prior to the pandemic blacks had low unemployment and wages were growing faster than whites. The media didn't tell you that (eye roll).

Nowhere does it list any cause and effect.

I'm curious on the specific policy that caused it, because unemployment in general was consistently dropping since 2008 universally. So saying black unemployment was at an all time low.....ummm no shit, all unemployment were at lows as they continued creeping down from the crash of 2008.

So anyway, yeah I'm curious on the specific policies that were implemented and then we're taken away by Biden.

Thanks.

The liberals worst nightmare is a young black husband/father with a degree and a job.

Their actions speak louder than words.

They lie - families die.
The conservative's worst nightmare is a successful black family, because they might move into the neighborhood, and that means property values drop, and you gotta spend money on that new video doorbell system, plus now you have to dedicate some of your week to patrolling nearby construction sites for suspicious joggers, and it's just a big hassle.

I have an honest question. Do you actually believe that US government officials enacted a policy exclusively to distribute crack pipes to underserved communities? Did you read the RFA for the grant or did you just gobble down the red meat Tom Cotton threw out there for you?
There is a link to the SAMHSA website at the link. On that website is a description of the program.

I copied this from the SAMHSA website(emphasis mine)-
• Purchase equipment and supplies to enhance harm reduction efforts, such as:
o Harm reduction vending machine(s), including stock for machines; o Infectious diseases testing kits (HIV, HBV, HCV, etc.);
o Medication lock boxes;
o FDA-approved overdose reversal medication (as well as higher dosages now approved by FDA);
o Safe sex kits, including PrEP resources and condoms;
o Safe smoking kits/supplies;
o Screening for infectious diseases (HIV, sexually transmitted infections,
viral hepatitis);
o Sharps disposal and medication disposal kits;
o Substance test kits, including test strips for fentanyl and other synthetic
drugs;
o Syringes to prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases;

The conservative's worst nightmare is a successful black family, because they might move into the neighborhood, and that means property values drop, and you gotta spend money on that new video doorbell system, plus now you have to dedicate some of your week to patrolling nearby construction sites for suspicious joggers, and it's just a big hassle.
So you think black people cause property values to drop? Interesting.

So you think black people cause property values to drop? Interesting.

You think appraisers aren't factoring in a blackish scale? That's cute of you.

Then why are black properties still consistently being under appraised, especially in good neighborhoods?

Why are there still some covenant agreements written into mortgages/developments directing who they can sell their property to?

Here's a national story out of Indy. Black homeowner had her house appraised three times. First two she felt was low balled, so she removed all traces of blackish from her home and had her white male friend pose as the owner....and it was appraised for an additional $150,000, over double the first two.

Her comment was, the only thing depreciating my house was me I guess.

Here's the story:

Carlette Duffy is one of those people who was told her home was worth less.

In 2020, she had three appraisals done on her home. For the first two, she listed her race and gender and they came back at $125,000 and $110,000. She decided for the third time, she wouldn't specify race or gender, and she’d have her friend, who is a white man, stand in on her behalf.

"My friend Hank called and talked to them and then they set up times, get told everything," Duffy said. "I then basically removed everything that... was associated with me being black. I removed books, I removed pictures of my family, I removed pictures and artwork from the house. I remove clothing I had, like some African print clothing in my closet. I took that out. The guy came out and looked around the house, and I was not there. I was next door, and it came back at $259,000."

https://www.newsy.com/stories/black-homeowners-get-lower-appraisals-than-white-neighbors/

Then why are black properties still consistently being under appraised, especially in good neighborhoods?

Why are there still some covenant agreements written into mortgages/developments directing who they can sell their property to?

Here's a national story out of Indy. Black homeowner had her house appraised three times. First two she felt was low balled, so she removed all traces of blackish from her home and had her white male friend pose as the owner....and it was appraised for an additional $150,000, over double the first two.

Here's the story:

In 2020, she had three appraisals done on her home. For the first two, she listed her race and gender and they came back at $125,000 and $110,000. She decided for the third time, she wouldn't specify race or gender, and she’d have her friend, who is a white man, stand in on her behalf.

"My friend Hank called and talked to them and then they set up times, get told everything," Duffy said. "I then basically removed everything that... was associated with me being black. I removed books, I removed pictures of my family, I removed pictures and artwork from the house. I remove clothing I had, like some African print clothing in my closet. I took that out. The guy came out and looked around the house, and I was not there. I was next door, and it came back at $259,000."

https://www.newsy.com/stories/black-homeowners-get-lower-appraisals-than-white-neighbors/
So Goat and 3 Indy real estate appraisers are racists.

Cool story bro.

Doesn’t change the broken promises of the liberals, the failure of The Great Society, or its condemnation of generations of poor African Americans to continual poverty, and the destruction of the African American family in the US.

Your butthurt is obvious here…

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
So Goat and 3 Indy real estate appraisers are racists.

Cool story bro.

Doesn’t change the broken promises of the liberals, the failure of The Great Society, or its condemnation of generations of poor African Americans to continual poverty, and the destruction of the African American family in the US.
Good grief, yeah it's just those three in Indy. Sure.

Currently in 2022 the diversity breakdown of professional appraisers in the US are 85% white, just 4% black and over 60% dudes.

That's a decent pocket of power that is critical for lending equity.

Interesting. That also closely mirrors the current republican party. No wonder minorities are getting screwed over in the process.

https://www.zippia.com/real-estate-appraiser-jobs/demographics/

I'm also curious, since you love to bitch about it, what the republican party has done/proposed in comparison to these awful policy movements...and how it would have made a bigger impact?

I'm guessing there isn't anything other than do nothing, it will work itself out maybe.

Do nothing, bitch about those trying to do something, collect money from bitching/scaring about those trying to do something.

Same as it ever was.

Last edited:
At least you’re out in the open with what you think.

Whatever you think. I can’t compete with your brainpower. I am just a simple rube afraid of a young successful black couple.
Well sir you would make a fine candidate at the new COH U we're going to rollout. We focus on experience and practical training - not academic/pedantic bullshit. A real world education for real world people. We are starting online and expect to have campuses in the not too distant future. You'd be a wonderful candidate. Unfortunately no scholarships available at this time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thought. I am already more wildly successful than Goat could ever dream of. Maybe you can offer him a scholarship. Just what he needs, another degree.

i tried to play nice.
Unfortunately we do not have scholarships at this time.

Well sir you would make a fine candidate at the new COH U we're going to rollout. We focus on experience and practical training - not academic/pedantic bullshit. A real world education for real world people. We are starting online and expect to have campuses in the not too distant future. You'd be a wonderful candidate. Unfortunately no scholarships available at this time.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Whatever you think. I can’t compete with your brainpower. I am just a simple rube afraid of a young successful black couple
The Cooler Looney Leftie race-baiters sure hate to be treated like they treat others.

Here's the story:

I don't know who appraised my house when I bought it, but we re-financed twice. First time, the appraiser was a white female. Most recent, it was a black male. But, as of the 2020 Census, 61.6%, or 204,277,273 people, were white alone, and 71.0%, or 235,411,507 people, were white alone or white combined with another race. So - considering that the liberals Great Society has succeeded in keeping African Americans poor, uneducated and unemployed, it is not very surprising that 85% of appraisers nationally are not African American.

As for GOP efforts to rectify, "goods jobs" are hard to create - but they try, and get called "child haters" and "lovers of the 1%."

Here, again locally, Sen. Rand Paul tried to work with West End Louisville African American "community organizers" and churches to fight for re-instating voting rights to black convicted felons, especially for drug offenses, and for making it harder to use convictions for job selection criteria (ala EEOC-type reforms). Guess how much support he got? Go on. Guess.

Everybody from the mayor to BLM criticized him as the Lefty Loons here do - "call him a racist - marginalize him - keep it like it is."

Last edited:
Riley's book is about the good news that the upward trend of minorities and lower income families was continuing during the Trump years as president.

The bad news, which the book may not highlight, is these same folks have suffered the most during the pandemic.

My conclusion is a good many families were improving economically, but not to the extent that the families could endure the economic hardships of the pandemic.

A personal observation is to note the pandemic hurt Trump's reelection. The good news in the Riley book was overshadowed by the bad news pandemic. Nevertheless, the Omicron extension along with possible new strains could actually help his chances in 2024.

Good grief, yeah it's just those three in Indy. Sure.

Currently in 2022 the diversity breakdown of professional appraisers in the US are 85% white, just 4% black and over 60% dudes.

That's a decent pocket of power that is critical for lending equity.

Interesting. That also closely mirrors the current republican party. No wonder minorities are getting screwed over in the process.

https://www.zippia.com/real-estate-appraiser-jobs/demographics/

I'm also curious, since you love to bitch about it, what the republican party has done/proposed in comparison to these awful policy movements...and how it would have made a bigger impact?

I'm guessing there isn't anything other than do nothing, it will work itself out maybe.

Do nothing, bitch about those trying to do something, collect money from bitching/scaring about those trying to do something.

Same as it ever was.
So are black people applying to be appraisers and are being denied? Did the other 2 appraisers list items that brought down the value of the Indy home that third did not? Was there any other comparisons done between the two appraisals other than the pictures changed?

I don't know what you think the government solution would be here. "So we do nothing?" No, if you get an appraisal you don't like, you do what the lady did and get multiple opinions. Do you want the government to force industries to make representation more reflective of the populace at large? "Says here that 13% of the country is black so I need 13% of your workforce to reflect that." What if black people don't want that job? We force them to take it? "I am sorry ma'am, but we have met our 13% quota of engineering degrees, can I interest you in appraisals?"

This whole topic is a needs more info type of conversation. Kind of like the pay gap conversation where free will and selection account for the majority of the discrepancy but you are not supposed to dig past the headline to get to the details.

You say the GOP wants to do nothing, well what would you like Washington, DC to do to get more black appraisers? What would you like them to do to make sure the appraisals are higher? Do we just increase all black owned properties appraisals by 10% and call it reparations? But then every buyer knows that the government inflates values and the question for white homebuyers becomes whether or not the initial appraisal was a low ball that needed brought up or if the 10% is now an overvaluation in which each buyer should offer 10% below what they would offer any other race of homeowner. So what would you do?

Last edited:
So are black people applying to be appraisers and are being denied? Did the other 2 appraisers list items that brought down the value of the Indy home that third did not? Was there any other comparisons done between the two appraisals other than the pictures changed?

I don't know what you think the government solution would be here. "So we do nothing?" No, if you get an appraisal you don't like, you do what the lady did and get multiple opinions. Do you want the government to force industries to make representation more reflective of the populace at large? "Says here that 13% of the country is black so I need 13% of your workforce to reflect that." What if black people don't want that job? We force them to take it? "I am sorry ma'am, but we have met our 13% quota of engineering degrees, can I interest you in appraisals?"

This whole topic is a needs more info type of conversation. Kind of like the pay gap conversation where free will and selection account for the majority of the discrepancy but you are not supposed to dig past the headline to get to the details.

You say the GOP wants to do nothing, well what would you like Washington, DC to do to get more black appraisers? What would you like them to do to make sure the appraisals are higher? Do we just increase all black owned properties appraisals by 10% and call it reparations? But then every buyer knows that the government inflates values and the question for white homebuyers becomes whether or not the initial appraisal was a low ball that needed brought up or if the 10% is now an overvaluation in which each buyer should offer 10% below what they would offer any other race of homeowner. So what would you do?
Give them more free money. That’s the solution. And if they need crack pipes make millions available.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and hatchetdad
Are there any vocational departments, like say...HVAC?
Asking for a friend.

Are there any vocational departments, like say...HVAC?
Asking for a friend.
Dear Bulk VanderHuge:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding opportunities at COH U. At this time we are working on establishing a competitive athletics program, the COH Red Indians, beginning with men's soccer. Once completed, we will turn our attention to course offerings and majors. Rest assured, HVAC will be an integral part of the COH U education experience.

At this time, I am excited to share that we are accepting donations for our capital campaign, as well as deposits to hold your spot in our inaugural class (year tbd)! Don't miss your opportunity as seats (or logins) will fill up fast!

Unapologetically yours,

Co. Hoosier,
Chief

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT