ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee/Purdue fans

Candy stripes look better in orange.

16TMKUSPN30FR30RNESP_is

0dcca38e-9b47-45f1-becf-a7d3abe408f1-KNS-VolsBasketballPregame_BP_7.JPG

Candy stripes look better in orange.

16TMKUSPN30FR30RNESP_is

0dcca38e-9b47-45f1-becf-a7d3abe408f1-KNS-VolsBasketballPregame_BP_7.JPG

Thought the Federal Bureau of Prisons had a copyright on those uniforms?!?!?????

You guys are looking at a heapa trouble once they realize you've appropriated their "look"...:D

Last edited:
Thought the Federal Bureau of Prisons had a copyright on those uniforms?!?!?????

You guys are looking at a heapa trouble once they realize you've appropriated their "look"...

Noooo those dirty prison folk appropriated it from us. We've had orange and white since 1891. They didn't start using orange until the 1970s and theirs is usually more of a nasty Florida or Syracuse red-orange

UT orange is pimp as hell. Not only does it look absolutely phenomenal, but it also comes in very handy. I can spot a fellow Vol across a crowded airport or in a random city from 3 blocks away. I've had strangers yell GO VOLS at me in some crazy far flung places, and got bought drinks by strangers in Chicago and in LA. You outta give it a try next time you fly or take a trip. It's a very happy color.

Noooo those dirty prison folk appropriated it from us. We've had orange and white since 1891. They didn't start using orange until the 1970s and theirs is usually more of a nasty Florida or Syracuse red-orange

UT orange is pimp as hell. Not only does it look absolutely phenomenal, but it also comes in very handy. I can spot a fellow Vol across a crowded airport or in a random city from 3 blocks away. I've had strangers yell GO VOLS at me in some crazy far flung places, and got bought drinks by strangers in Chicago and in LA. You outta give it a try next time you fly or take a trip. It's a very happy color.

Sorry, orange of any hue is an unfortunate burden on the fans of that organization. Just awful and I do feel for you.

As long as you don't have any idiots attempting to spell Tennessee out loud (ala o-h-i-o) and in unison, I can live with the Orange garb... That's your burden to bear;)

We've dealt with some over the top, ultra obnoxious fans ("the" o$u, p u, Ped $t, etc...)..., you guys are only slightly Abby-normal by comparison... Almost likable in fact (considering who we are comparing you to)...:)

Reactions: UofTNfan
UT and dozens of HS teams have copied the Hoosier tradition. You can't watch a game these days without seeing kids in the stripes.

Well, all the old timers say they were introduced at UT by Coach Ray Mears. A couple thought Mears got them from the Globetrotters or from the unicycle guys that used to ride the court to Sweet Georgia Brown before our games. One of them thought y'all had them first and we didn't get them until '72 or '73. Earliest photos I can find were from '75ish. All I know is we've been in them on and off for a long time and will be keeping them. And, ours look better.

f928b62f4c0ceb726aa4522ff7d1780028a6193e.jpg

6123b5cc523ada5833653d109840445a.jpg

As long as you don't have any idiots attempting to spell Tennessee out loud (ala o-h-i-o) and in unison, I can live with the Orange garb... That's your burden to bear;)

We've dealt with some over the top, ultra obnoxious fans ("the" o$u, p u, Ped $t, etc...)..., you guys are only slightly Abby-normal by comparison... Almost likable in fact (considering who we are comparing you to)...:)

Ugggghhhh peeps that say "The" OSU ought to be slapped around at least a little, and I can't even talk civil about PSU. I bet y'all do have a lot to put up with.

I feel ya. We have to suffer with the Bama neanderthals singing Yammer Jammer, and Kentucky basketball fans are Satan's spawn. Then there's the Gators chomping and the Bulldogs barking in our faces. Ain't no picnic down here either, brother.

Well, all the old timers say they were introduced at UT by Coach Ray Mears. A couple thought Mears got them from the Globetrotters or from the unicycle guys that used to ride the court to Sweet Georgia Brown before our games. One of them thought y'all had them first and we didn't get them until '72 or '73. Earliest photos I can find were from '75ish. All I know is we've been in them on and off for a long time and will be keeping them. And, ours look better.
Bob Knight stole them from Doc Councilman.

Reactions: 76-1
Y'all crazy. Tennessee orange is the color of God smiling.

Sunset-from-Clingmans-Dome-300x189.jpg

You do realize that's just the air pollution blowing in from from Knoxville brightening up your hoped for idyllic scene don't you...?:confused: Be sure to wear at least an N95 mask next time you see it...;)

Last edited:

f928b62f4c0ceb726aa4522ff7d1780028a6193e.jpg

6123b5cc523ada5833653d109840445a.jpg

Glad you guys are happy with them, many HS teams...in and outside of Indiana have copied IU as well. Zville's are green and white... We see it on opposing fans all the time with overalls and such.

We will stick with the real deal crimson...although they used to be red.

I actually like the Tennessee orange...the all orange look you wore for the Kentucky game impressed the hell out of me. That's old school Tennessee right there.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Tenn fan and booster here. I was at the last meeting between IU and UT in the Peach Bowl. I have nothing but respect for Bill Mallory and thought he was the best coach IU ever had until present-tense. I look forward to playing against you in the gator bowl. GBO!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT