ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Cruz steps on his own D

I meant in the broader context than you personally. My communication style needs work here, because I did the same thing to UTFO before.

Fair, but that could be said for anyone. Obama probably set the record for the hardest, fastest move from his outside-left stance to somewhere in the status quo. So... it happens.

And my point is made. You value SCOTUS nominations more than pro-middle class policy. Ain't no thang... I don't care about them, either.

Ironically, if I were to vote for Trump it would be because of SCOTUS nominations.
I don't buy your premise that Trump is truly pro-middle class, so I'm not sure that I agree.

I don't get all the whining. Trump and Sanders are the most viable candidates on the pro-middle class, anti-wall st/giant corp. front that the working middle class has had in 25 years. This is what the OTF claimed they wanted.
Trump isn't a viable candidate to wipe dirty asses let alone anything important.

Reactions: HoosierPeach
OTF spends 8 years b¡tching about Wall St. insiders and then votes for the biggest WS insiders to run for president in about 50 years.

I love you guys. Never change.

Huh, and I always thought the AOTF was made up of a collection of individuals. I didn't realize we had a single AOTF view, and since we do, why haven't I been getting the poll emails so we could share it? And, if we have a single view, how come there's so much damn arguing here? Stop it, and post boobs.

Are they? I thought everything was bigger in Texas. Maybe they shoot at 11' rings.
maybe the basketball rings have a much wider circumference, making it much easier to pitch the ol' pigskin through the ring.

Reactions: C-$
I don't buy your premise that Trump is truly pro-middle class, so I'm not sure that I agree.

Uhhh... what? That's the fundamental plank underlying his whole candidacy. Same with Sanders.

That's not opinion. It's a fact backed up by their stances on obvious issues like trade and by the election results.

to be fair, politicians have a long history of flubbing seemingly innocuous and obvious facts. I saw John Kerry speak at Ohio state in 2004 and he mentioned something about being at Iowa State a few times before someone yelled at him loud enough to tell him where the eff he was. Then he went onto pull out a "lucky" buckeye someone from Ohio gave him several years ago that he "always" carries with him.

George H.W. Bush takes the cake for cluelessness in sports talk though. From this WaPo article:

There also was that time in 1991 when he welcomed the Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins to the White House, as recounted by The Post’s Lloyd Grove at the time:

More recently, on June 24, Bush welcomed the world-champion Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team to the Rose Garden. In an astounding, and quite convincing, display of hockey expertise, he spoke knowledgeably about the Penguins’ defensive strategy and mid-season trades, and descanted lovingly on top-scoring center Mario Lemieux, who for much of the season was “out, as we all know who follow the sport,” Bush noted, “with a serious back injury.”​

Unluckily, one of the players then stepped forward to present him with a Stanley Cup sweater.​

“And you are?” Bush asked.​

“Mario Lemieux.”​

“Mario, I was talking about you,” Bush giggled, and then began to babble uncontrollably, “I had that feeling . . . I had that feeling . . . talking about you . . . “

to be fair, politicians have a long history of flubbing seemingly innocuous and obvious facts. I saw John Kerry speak at Ohio state in 2004 and he mentioned something about being at Iowa State a few times before someone yelled at him loud enough to tell him where the eff he was. Then he went onto pull out a "lucky" buckeye someone from Ohio gave him several years ago that he "always" carries with him.

George H.W. Bush takes the cake for cluelessness in sports talk though. From this WaPo article:

There also was that time in 1991 when he welcomed the Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins to the White House, as recounted by The Post’s Lloyd Grove at the time:

More recently, on June 24, Bush welcomed the world-champion Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team to the Rose Garden. In an astounding, and quite convincing, display of hockey expertise, he spoke knowledgeably about the Penguins’ defensive strategy and mid-season trades, and descanted lovingly on top-scoring center Mario Lemieux, who for much of the season was “out, as we all know who follow the sport,” Bush noted, “with a serious back injury.”​

Unluckily, one of the players then stepped forward to present him with a Stanley Cup sweater.​

“And you are?” Bush asked.​

“Mario Lemieux.”​

“Mario, I was talking about you,” Bush giggled, and then began to babble uncontrollably, “I had that feeling . . . I had that feeling . . . talking about you . . . “

That's awesome.

They're always trying to be somebody they are not. Of course, in their defense it can be an incredibly tough job. It's tough to be an expert in one area. State level politicians are expected to know about, or vote on, dozens of different areas of policy. Then the campaigning...

I think you literally have to be a little nuts to be a politician. Of course, Cruz might be full blown nuts.

Well to be fair, class identify is just one plank in a large party. And Bernie is killing it on that front (just like Trump on the other side). But he's getting killed on the racial unity front, feminism front, multicultural open borders front, among others, that are equally as huge in the Democratic party.

I don't get all the whining. Trump and Sanders are the most viable candidates on the pro-middle class, anti-wall st/giant corp. front that the working middle class has had in 25 years. This is what the OTF claimed they wanted.

Now if you don't want to vote for them because they are too white, not feminist enough, or not evangelical enough... then fine. But at least have the intellectual honesty to admit to yourself that you care about other issues more than you care about the pro middle class issue.

You're not going to get a perfect candidate. You're definitely not going to get perfect pro middle class candidates (because *shocker* people with money in the upper classes don't want to fund them).

George Washington ain't riding through that door. Andrew Jackson ain't riding through that door... in fact he's losing his spot on da' twenty.

Careful - I'm starting to respect you.

See the post I just tagged you in, cocksucker.

I already did. The whole liberal conservative thing is beyond silly. Especially when the liberal tag is pointed at Obama or Hillary, who are both corporate shill Republican conservatives in the truest sense, and in everything that matters. So, please just stop it. Let the dumb people use misrepresented labels and believe that there's a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: burnthemallralphie
I already did. The whole liberal conservative thing is beyond silly. Especially when the liberal tag is pointed at Obama or Hillary, who are both corporate shill Republican conservatives in everything that matters. So, please just stop it. Let the dumb people use misrepresented labels and believe that there's a difference.

Dude, I have said for a long time that all politicians are the same.

But I don't consider Trump a politician.

Asshole, maybe. But I'm basically voting for him cause he doesn't give any ****s...

Uhhh... what? That's the fundamental plank underlying his whole candidacy. Same with Sanders.

That's not opinion. It's a fact backed up by their stances on obvious issues like trade and by the election results.
Other than trade protectionism, they have very different platforms. It's not outrageous to think one is better than the other for the lower classes. Not just the middle class, BTW, but also the poor.

Dude, I have said for a long time that all politicians are the same.

But I don't consider Trump a politician.

Asshole, maybe. But I'm basically voting for him cause he doesn't give any ****s...

Jesus Christ ... he's a fking scam artist, liar and a theif. "He doesn't give any shits" is not a qualification to have a nuclear arsenal at his disposal. What the hell is wrong with you?

This is how you get this ...
26-nazi-ap.jpg

Cruz nabbing Fiorina as running mate....wtf is next from GOP. Only chance we have is if Trump says Dr Carson will be his.

Hillary just has to be laughing. I know I am....even as a straight R ticket voter for 2 decades.

In other words, you value entertainment over America. Very patriotic of you.

America is ****ed... I might as well be entertained.

I can always move in with @Zizkov anyway... He said I have an open invite.

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

Electing idiot level megalomaniacs who spew words of hate has never worked out well.

Other than trade protectionism, they have very different platforms. It's not outrageous to think one is better than the other for the lower classes. Not just the middle class, BTW, but also the poor.

No doubt. And I was thinking of including the lower class, especially lower working class, in there but left it implied. Also, Bernie has softened his stance for the primary, but he's made it known that he would have to enforce immigration in order for a significant raise in the min. wage to be effective. Similarly, Trump has supported, but softened, his belief in single payer health care.

If you're a working class fellow and want to vote for Bernie in the primary because you like his stances more than Trump's, that makes sense to me.

But... you'll only get to vote for one in the general.

That's where you have to decide if the label working class suits you more than the label of Dem/Repub. It will be a real and fundamental dynamic to the general, which might conclude with a fundamental realignment of the parties.

My money is on the big money corps being able to keep it all together and deliver for Hillary. Hell, the Koch brothers are joining her side.

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

Electing idiot level megalomaniacs who spew words of hate has never worked out well.

Worked for the Brits during WW2.

No doubt. And I was thinking of including the lower class, especially lower working class, in there but left it implied. Also, Bernie has softened his stance for the primary, but he's made it known that he would have to enforce immigration in order for a significant raise in the min. wage to be effective. Similarly, Trump has supported, but softened, his belief in single payer health care.

If you're a working class fellow and want to vote for Bernie in the primary because you like his stances more than Trump's, that makes sense to me.

But... you'll only get to vote for one in the general.

That's where you have to decide if the label working class suits you more than the label of Dem/Repub. It will be a real and fundamental dynamic to the general, which might conclude with a fundamental realignment of the parties.

My money is on the big money corps being able to keep it all together and deliver for Hillary. Hell, the Koch brothers are joining her side.
Since I'm not an isolationist, Trump isn't as attractive to me. I think we've already had this conversation.

Jesus Christ ... he's a fking scam artist, liar and a theif. "He doesn't give any shits" is not a qualification to have a nuclear arsenal at his disposal. What the hell is wrong with you?

This is how you get this ...
26-nazi-ap.jpg

Trump voters makes me think that maybe we should reintroduce poll tests.

It's not about street cred -- it's just that Clinton and Obama aren't progressives with a focus on reinforcing the Middle Class -- it's the same old growth model based on the rich, because that's what gets you the money you need to get re-elected.

Until we pass strict campaign finance reform, we'll continue to have an economic model based on significant personal debt and stagnant wages. You can't have real progress with so much money in the political system.

Also,
940f960062a8b9896607d3cbee07189a.jpg
The only thing of value in this whole thread is this pic. What is her name!?

I'm not saying he doesn't address it in his platform. I'm saying that I don't think it's viable to consider his platform because he's fundamentally dishonest.

(As is Hilary, but she's at least got a track record.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT