ADVERTISEMENT

Technical for dunking

BabyHoop

Newcomer
Mar 19, 2021
I was visiting family in Louisville for the holidays and reading a story on the local sports page about a high school basketball game. It noted that a player received a technical for dunking during warmups, causing his team to be in a 0-2 hole before the game even started. Are we so uptight that we can't allow high school kids to have some fun? Loosen up Kentucky!

I think the NCAA and NBA should adopt this rule like in the old days! That’s all kids worry about these days is just jumping and dunking the ball instead of working on other fundamentals of the game! Just think of the backlash this would have if NBA players aren’t allowed to dunk anymore!😆 May make the game more watchable!🤷🏻‍♂️

Shooting after the whistle should also be a technical for delay of game. Too much standing around. The media timeouts are supposed to be 75 seconds (?) but seem to last 5 minutes. And the video reviews take way longer than should be necessary.

I think the NCAA and NBA should adopt this rule like in the old days! That’s all kids worry about these days is just jumping and dunking the ball instead of working on other fundamentals of the game! Just think of the backlash this would have if NBA players aren’t allowed to dunk anymore!😆 May make the game more watchable!🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree. Bring back the nut huggers too while we’re at it. MBGA!

• Haha
Reactions: BabyHoop
May make the game more watchable!🤷🏻‍♂️
Love when someone says this. Tells me they haven't watched an NBA game in years. Do yourself a favor and watch a Golden State game. The NBA is vastly different now than your view. They move the ball and almost everyone can shoot. It's kind of the irony about IU fans complaining about CMW's "pro" offense, because many pro teams now move the ball and have great shooters.

I was visiting family in Louisville for the holidays and reading a story on the local sports page about a high school basketball game. It noted that a player received a technical for dunking during warmups, causing his team to be in a 0-2 hole before the game even started. Are we so uptight that we can't allow high school kids to have some fun? Loosen up Kentucky!
It’s a rule in Indiana also

Love when someone says this. Tells me they haven't watched an NBA game in years. Do yourself a favor and watch a Golden State game. The NBA is vastly different now than your view. They move the ball and almost everyone can shoot. It's kind of the irony about IU fans complaining about CMW's "pro" offense, because many pro teams now move the ball and have great shooters.
the Pacers are a great example as well.

Reactions: CriticArisen
The NFHS (National Federation of High Schools), which sets the rules for all 50 states, says that basketball players cannot dunk during pregame warmups once the referees are present on the court

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

I watched the in season tournament. The court made the games unwatchable. Gave me a headache.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Its not a "Kentucky thing"---Its a NFHS rule. And its a good rule, tbh. Also, if the officials are not on the floor, dunk all ya want.

It is a National Federation of High School rule not just Kentucky.

Reactions: kkott
the Pacers are a great example as well.
I don't watch a ton of NBA games, mostly just certain teams or players (Golden St, Milwaukee, Luka and Ja) but I think they've all changed the way they play, and gone to probing the defense with passes, looking for certain matchups, backcuts or 3s. It's gone from a boring, lazy game of 1 on 1 to ultra sharp passing and amazing shooters. Used to be you knew who the shooters were (Kerr, Hodges, Bird, Ray, etc...) now complete no-names are excellent shooters. The irony is that if most of the guys complaining about the "NBA game" would watch with an open mind, they'd be it's biggest proponent.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Halliburton was stroking shots yesterday and hit one from the Bulls logo. I like the current game also. What was good about pass it in to the post, and back it in, back it in, back it in and shoot.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
Was like that when I grew up in Ky in 90s. Luckily I couldn’t dunk. Never understood it either. You could dunk until the refs came out. Rex Chapman had a signature out-of-the-locker room dunk where he tossed it from behind his back over his left shoulder. It was pretty awesome.

Was like that when I grew up in Ky in 90s. Luckily I couldn’t dunk. Never understood it either. You could dunk until the refs came out. Rex Chapman had a signature out-of-the-locker room dunk where he tossed it from behind his back over his left shoulder. It was pretty awesome.
Its a rule for all 50 states. National Federation of High School rule! vbg

Reactions: sobester
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT