ADVERTISEMENT

Team USA just lost to Nigeria in a pre-Olympics exhibition game.

E5-t1GnVkAM66ny

And for Fletch, who said Pop never did anything without TD, Pop's career percentages are: 1300-650, 667% wins. Wonder where that stands all-time? Of course, the gripe was never about Pop's abilities, just his willingness to share his beliefs and observations.
What’s his record without Timmy?

What’s his record without Timmy?
obviously not as good, but when you take away foundational players, teams suffer. If you look at their roster, there are some good players, but I'd say the Spurs performance post TD is an indictment of their GM, not GP. You look over their championship rosters and not only did they have great stars, but they had great role players. Post TD, there are really neither. Maybe some of their starters would make good role players, but... How are the Patriots faring post Brady? Bulls post MJ? You don't recover from losing a transcendent star overnight and the Spurs haven't begun to replace him with talent that would sniff a championship with any Coach. Plus, he's been there 25+ years now, which is an eternity. Might be time for a new Coach and a fresh message. If I were ownership, I think I'd be wondering how GP would do in the front office as GM.

I cannot remember the year, but wasn't there a tournament held in Indianapolis where the U.S. team played pretty bad back in the mid 2000's? Finished third maybe? At least that was not the Olympic stage. This team is on a road to some major embarrassment if they don't get things figured out.
Can't ever take away Gene Keady's 1991 Pan Am bronze medal.

Booker, Middleton and Holiday will join the team after NBA finals are over. I don't know how much that will help them win games.
Booker and Middleton will help a lot. Current squad missing the #1 ingredient for the international game: shooting.

25 seasons with the same team? 1300-650, 667% wins, and 5 NBA championships. He's done a lot. Again, I don't think your gripe is with his coaching.
No, my gripe really is with his coaching. Well done Pop...

US won the GOLD as they beat France by only 5 points. Damn they're terrible, eh?

US won the GOLD as they beat France by only 5 points. Damn they're terrible, eh?
I watched most of the game last night. To me it was boring play on the most part. I yelled at players who jacked shots up because when they moved the ball the open shots were money. Draymond Green made a real good pass in the first half to Jrue Holiday for an easy layup. I enjoyed that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT