ADVERTISEMENT

TDH - Scenes from the Hoosier Fan Fest

The school continues to try to undermine football at every turn. I'm sure there's a totally legitimate reason this needed to happen two weeks before football season. Can't even let IUFB have an opener without trying to get fans to ignore it.

• Haha
Reactions: jimmygoiu
The school continues to try to undermine football at every turn. I'm sure there's a totally legitimate reason this needed to happen two weeks before football season. Can't even let IUFB have an opener without trying to get fans to ignore it.
I don’t understand how something two weeks away from football game undermines it?

Too many fans already look for the first possible reason (bullshit excuse) to abandon and ignore the football team during the season for basketball, and now the school is letting them steal the spotlight and distract people before the football team even plays a game.

It is so f*cking frustrating that this school’s athletic priorities will never be in the right place for a serious power conference school, and this is just one of many examples.

From making Allen pay out of pocket to fire assistants, to knowingly scheduling Midnight Madness on the same day as football games time after time after time, to countless other obvious examples of favoritism throughout time.

It never ends, and the school going out of its way to try to kneecap the football program and any enthusiasm it might build doesn’t seem like it will either. The last thing the team needs going into a crucial opener is a bunch of casuals looking ahead to basketball and not caring or showing up, but that’s clearly what IU wants.
What's really sad is that in spite of the absurdity of your statements, you're totally serious. Hysteric much?

Can't imagine how bad you'd have it if perish forbid IU scheduled BB games during FB Season. What?! They do!#@*#! That's unconscionable! Next thing you know they'll be putting a basketball arena next to Memorial Stadium!

Reactions: BusdriverE
What's really sad is that in spite of the absurdity of your statements, you're totally serious. Hysteric much?

Can't imagine how bad you'd have it if perish forbid IU scheduled BB games during FB Season. What?! They do!#@*#! That's unconscionable! Next thing you know they'll be putting a basketball arena next to Memorial Stadium!
I mean look at UK right now? At least our coaches aren’t sparing on Twitter. 🤣

You know what undermines excitement for football? A 2-10 record after bringing nearly every important player back from a Top 10 team, all against the backdrop of the worst historical W-L record of any major D1 program. That'll tend to do more to hurt the cause than the "distraction" of scheduling a basketball event before Fall. I support the football team, too, but let's all be honest and not be complaining about non-issues.

IUFB didn't even have a spring game this year and access to practice appears to be more limited than usual. I think you're questioning the motives of the wrong revenue program.

Bates and Kopp shot it very well
I'll be impressed when I see them do it when we Need a FG in a big game that actually matters...

They both completely underwhelmed when they were needed last year...

Let's hope this exhibition means they've put the work in to actually make a difference this time around...

Both of them sound like great guys but just being a great guy isn't putting any points up on the board come game time...

Reactions: TomEric4756
I'll be impressed when I see them do it when we Need a FG in a big game that actually matters...

Let's hope this exhibition means they've put the work in to actually make a difference this time around...

Both of them sound like great guys but just being a great guy isn't putting any points up on the board come game time...
I've seen a bunch of 3:30 afternoon practice shooter's..
Still bullish on the potential of this team though..

Reactions: Lucy01
At least we got to see a little scrimmage… last year I went to Hoosier hysteria and didn’t see that

Tamar and millers mental game is not close. When did Tamar shrink under pressure last year? He just didn’t play. He is the most confident player on the team and wants to shoot the ball when it matters the most. He will excel in those situations. miller has proven he shrinks. He needs major work there. Tamar needed to get bigger and work on his game more. Between the ears he is the best thing IU has seen in decades.

Seem to recall someone returned from a scouting trip (Matta?) and was told that Stewart hit 20 threes in a row in practice so ya, taking this fanfest for what it is hoping it is a glimmer of hope that we are turning the program in the right direction and not that we are already there

Tamar and millers mental game is not close. When did Tamar shrink under pressure last year? He just didn’t play. He is the most confident player on the team and wants to shoot the ball when it matters the most. He will excel in those situations. miller has proven he shrinks. He needs major work there. Tamar needed to get bigger and work on his game more. Between the ears he is the best thing IU has seen in decades.

Like I said: Prove it when it counts... All I saw him do when he was in there last year was a lot of unnecessary dribbling and missed chuck-it-ups...

I'm really hoping you're right and he matches the promise we both had for him last year...

Reactions: Cavanagh
Like I said: Prove it when it counts... All I saw him do when he was in there last year was a lot of unnecessary dribbling and missed chuck-it-ups...

I'm really hoping you're right and he matches the promise we both had for him last year...
Tamar did have some important FTs. Again, he wasn’t given the opportunity to prove it when it matters last year, but miller had ample.

I’ve staked my hill on Tamar this year. Breakout player in the big ten. Bet on it, I sure did!!

I'm sorry, did I miss that IUFB played the yesterday?

Reactions: Lucy01
Decades? Cody Zeller says hello

Reactions: kkott
Reactions: dbmhoosier

Ok. All we can do is wait. I choose to be hopeful

Reactions: 76-1 and Zeke7
WTF are you blathering about? The only thing IU did was allow it to be held at AH. From what I read, IU had NOTHING to do with organizing the event.

Also, you are trying to assert that 2 or 3 thousand people attending an event that I wasn't even aware of, 2 weeks before the football opener is undermining the football team? REALLY?

School starts today, so it was a great event for all the students who were arriving back to campus (or for the first time). We moved our son back down there earlier in the week-he's in a smaller apartment right behind the Evolve complex, and he said the area was already getting crazy Saturday night. Fball doesn't start for 2 weeks so I don't see how this cockblocks the fball team in any way.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
School starts today, so it was a great event for all the students who were arriving back to campus (or for the first time). We moved our son back down there earlier in the week-he's in a smaller apartment right behind the Evolve complex, and he said the area was already getting crazy Saturday night. Fball doesn't start for 2 weeks so I don't see how this cockblocks the fball team in any way.
I would be shocked if more than 100 students attended.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
You know what undermines excitement for football? A 2-10 record after bringing nearly every important player back from a Top 10 team, all against the backdrop of the worst historical W-L record of any major D1 program. That'll tend to do more to hurt the cause than the "distraction" of scheduling a basketball event before Fall. I support the football team, too, but let's all be honest and not be complaining about non-issues.
LOL! You read my mind. The IU football program consistently sucks and that is the only thing undermining the football program.

My comment is to your signature phrase (or whatever it's called) "Tolbert drives the lane....with the two-handed stuff shot." Ray Tolbert was actually better known for his one handed windmill jam. I'll always remain Senior Day when the crowd made him do one last jam in AH. He took flight from about the foul line, wound it up from below his knees and brought it home to a thunderous roar. It was here "The Thunderdunk" was born. I don't recall seeing a dunk of this nature in AH since that day. Certainly there have been other wondrous dunks, but none witnessed in that same magnitude of structure. Reverent Tolbert was a unique specimen of physicality, gifted with quickness off the blocks and a great big, infectious smile.

Miller and Bates will both significantly benefit from receiving crisp, accurate kick-out passes to the perimeter. Something X and our front line struggled with early on last year.

not being familiar with him at this point - JHS made a very favorable impression from the video.
looking forward to his contribution and role.

Last edited:
My comment is to your signature phrase (or whatever it's called) "Tolbert drives the lane....with the two-handed stuff shot." Ray Tolbert was actually better known for his one handed windmill jam. I'll always remain Senior Day when the crowd made him do one last jam in AH. He took flight from about the foul line, wound it up from below his knees and brought it home to a thunderous roar. It was here "The Thunderdunk" was born. I don't recall seeing a dunk of this nature in AH since that day. Certainly there have been other wondrous dunks, but none witnessed in that same magnitude of structure. Reverent Tolbert was a unique specimen of physicality, gifted with quickness off the blocks and a great big, infectious smile.
thanks...it's a friendly dig at Laz, especially early in his broadcasting career. And I loved Laz, he was a bit dry but was much less a homer than many other color radio guys. For quite a while, Laz would refer to a dunk as a "stuff shot" and I laughed/cringed every time. Chuck and Laz were my favorites. I listened to my fair share of games on the radio growing up (was that on WIBC 1070 AM??) back in the 70s-early 80s..even some into the 90s. Fisch's voice is etched in my brain for eternity.

And yes, Tolbert was built like a greek god with a megawatt smile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT