ADVERTISEMENT

TDH - Indiana Ranked # 12 in Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002

Just another pre-Season guessing game, but very short list of those who believed IU would be where they are now when Woodson was hired. Much as anything, really like that everyone on the Team really likes playing for/with him - should make for a great year.

Reactions: kkott

Just another pre-Season guessing game, but very short list of those who believed IU would be where they are now when Woodson was hired. Much as anything, really like that everyone on the Team really likes playing for/with him - should make for a great year.
Buying in to your coach in college is 100% necessary to having any kind of success. To have ultimate success you have to have that, and have elite talent. We got it this year, hopefully the team stays as connected and locked in all year as they are are now.

Reactions: stollcpa
Buying in to your coach in college is 100% necessary to having any kind of success. To have ultimate success you have to have that, and have elite talent. We got it this year, hopefully the team stays as connected and locked in all year as they are are now.
Also with no injuries!

Preseason poll 2016-2017, IU ranked #11.

Finished 18-16 and Crean got fired.

Let's see someone knock down an open three before we anoint them.

Reactions: kkott
You never need more than 2 or 3 "elite talent" guys. In fact teams with better role players around a couple of stars generally makes for a really good season.

Galloway and Max Bielfeldt vs Marshall Strickland and Stanford Robinson.

Or AJ Moye and Juwan Morgan vs Lyndon Jones and Hanner Perrea.

Haven't 'anointed' anyone, just reveling in the abundant cause for optimism given the prospects following a sweeping makeover of the Program. That being said, if you imagine/are suggesting IU finishes anywhere near 18-16 this Season or that Woodson gets fired, I'll happily accept any wager you care to make.

You never need more than 2 or 3 "elite talent" guys. In fact teams with better role players around a couple of stars generally makes for a really good season.

Galloway and Max Bielfeldt vs Marshall Strickland and Stanford Robinson.

Or AJ Moye and Juwan Morgan vs Lyndon Jones and Hanner Perrea.
Don't remember seeing LJ and Perea (AKA the worst best athlete in the history of CBB) playing together a whole lot

That’s what happens when you lose your star PG. IU had a ton of talent in ‘16-‘17, but nobody to run the show. Take X away and this current team is not even top 25.

The difference is Race and TJD coming back, which I think was a big surprise. Without them where would we be ranked?

in the NIL landscape it is all about payroll. This isn’t pro sports with a cap, this is pro sports with David’s and Goliaths (as far as dollars go). Does ANY team have a payroll like ours? We are going to playing a bunch of big ten teams that are Pennie’s on the dollar to our talent.

12th???

I sure hope not.

The difference is Race and TJD coming back, which I think was a big surprise. Without them where would we be ranked?

in the NIL landscape it is all about payroll. This isn’t pro sports with a cap, this is pro sports with David’s and Goliaths (as far as dollars go). Does ANY team have a payroll like ours? We are going to playing a bunch of big ten teams that are Pennie’s on the dollar to our talent.

12th???

I sure hope not.
Without TJD/RT ... 48th

If you remove X only .. 17th

Torvik ..

We are going to playing a bunch of big ten teams that are Pennie’s on the dollar to our talent.
I think/assume we are doing well with NIL, when it comes to basketball, but really have no idea. You mention a bunch of other BT teams are “pennies to our dollars” so I am curious to hear where other teams are compared to us. Are we paying 10 to 100 times more than MSU/UM/OSU/IL/MD etc.? In bball I would guess we are blowing away NW and Nebraska but I have no idea. Be interested for you to let us know.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I think/assume we are doing well with NIL, when it comes to basketball, but really have no idea. You mention a bunch of other BT teams are “pennies to our dollars” so I am curious to hear where other teams are compared to us. Are we paying 10 to 100 times more than MSU/UM/OSU/IL/MD etc.? In bball I would guess we are blowing away NW and Nebraska but I have no idea. Be interested for you to let us know.
Tough to answer your question, as there isn’t a ton of financials being published. And this isn’t about schools, it’s about boosters, I suspect that the people cutting checks will want it to stay as murky as possible.

because there is no salary cap and the payments can’t come from schools, but have to come from boosters the discrepancy has to be enormous. How can IU football ever compete with OSU if OSU boosters can play players any amount? What if Elon Musk was a die hard Texas fan, you don’t think he could buy a championship????

i have heard that TJD is earning close to a million, Race somewhere between $150,000 and $250,000. if TJD is indeed getting the $950,000 that I read on here, which teams in the conference have entire rosters earning more??? There were some high numbers thrown out for how much Hood and Malik got for coming to IU (north of 100k)

on the flip side there was a thread talking about PU, and the numbers thrown out were a joke. We are talking annual payments to a player that wouldn’t pay for a weekend trip to Indianapolis.

I will try to link a post from @Cavanagh where he talks about this. He states that each of our players will be earning over $100k this year. The numbers for the PU players in that same thread were listed in the hundreds of dollars, so, yes, Pennie’s on the dollar.

Post in thread 'Bad Week for the puKES'
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/bad-week-for-the-pukes.223803/post-3531839

What if Elon Musk was a die hard Texas fan, you don’t think he could buy a championship????
Buying a Team isn't at all the same as buying a championship - ask any owner in the NFL, NBA or MLB.

Far as I know there is no 'cap' for D1 'payrolls', so presently no limit in potential disparity among Teams/recruitment advantage/ability to "buy' wins. Definitely a new world out there...

Yeah, I don’t understand why the Supreme Court ruling requires everything to go through boosters. Basically they have said that what the dirtiest programs were doing (boosters paying players) was allowed but you can’t regulate it or place limits on it. Makes no sense to me.

if the idea was that schools were making money off of players all of these years, and the players should be compensated why not have the schools pay them and leave the boosters out of it? I would much prefer the schools paying players, and have a payroll with a cap.

What they have done is said that the teams and players cannot be owned by a school. If musk pays Texas players $5 million each, that program and its players are owned by Musk (imo). Texas would just be a jersey.

What they have done is way worse than pro sports. Hopefully they put some reasonable guard rails in place. I would hate to see a team being paid $10 million matched up versus a team making $10.

Yeah, I don’t understand why the Supreme Court ruling requires everything to go through boosters. Basically they have said that what the dirtiest programs were doing (boosters paying players) was allowed but you can’t regulate it or place limits on it. Makes no sense to me.

if the idea was that schools were making money off of players all of these years, and the players should be compensated why not have the schools pay them and leave the boosters out of it? I would much prefer the schools paying players, and have a payroll with a cap.

What they have done is said that the teams and players cannot be owned by a school. If musk pays Texas players $5 million each, that program and its players are owned by Musk (imo). Texas would just be a jersey.

What they have done is way worse than pro sports. Hopefully they put some reasonable guard rails in place. I would hate to see a team being paid $10 million matched up versus a team making $10.
Purdue vs who in this scenario?

Reactions: .Gerdis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT