ADVERTISEMENT

Sync TV and Radio streams

Indymoon

Benchwarmer
Mar 13, 2005
I like to mute the TV and synch the radio broadcast so I can listen to Fischer. The problem is the TV (I have DirectTV Stream) is too far behind the radio stream even if the radio is streamed as well. Until recently, the TuneIn radio ap had a pause bottom that allowed the radio broadcast to be delayed. Unfortunately, that was eliminated in an update. I've tried other aps such as IHeartRadio, Varsity, and SimpleRadio but none have a Pause button. SiriusXM works but doesn't always have the IU broadcast. Does anyone else have ideas?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I like to mute the TV and synch the radio broadcast so I can listen to Fischer. The problem is the TV (I have DirectTV Stream) is too far behind the radio stream even if the radio is streamed as well. Until recently, the TuneIn radio ap had a pause bottom that allowed the radio broadcast to be delayed. Unfortunately, that was eliminated in an update. I've tried other aps such as IHeartRadio, Varsity, and SimpleRadio but none have a Pause button. SiriusXM works but doesn't always have the IU broadcast. Does anyone else have ideas?
Synch my Game from Learfield

At that link, Learfield lists these instructions:
  1. Simply mute your TV audio and pause the game on your DVR at the opening kickoff or any other specific play.
  2. Open the app or head to your audio streaming source of choice.
  3. Wait for the audio to catch up to the point in which the DVR was paused.
  4. When these two moments line up, un-pause your DVR.
This might work for someone with cable TV if that signal is ahead of the internet radio.

But it doesn't work (at least not for me) because the internet radio stream isn't "behind" but rather "ahead" of the video - hence my need to pause the radio.

I’m using Varsity and have had that problem. This season for the most part Hulu has been running ahead of the radio stream but in the past I have had to pause the radio stream and you have to do it in real short shots. If you pause it too long it jumps back live. It’s a pain.

I’m using Varsity and have had that problem. This season for the most part Hulu has been running ahead of the radio stream but in the past I have had to pause the radio stream and you have to do it in real short shots. If you pause it too long it jumps back live. It’s a pain.
Yes, there's a Pause button on many of these internet radio aps but it doesn't really pause the stream - it's really play and stop.

I'll keep looking. I really prefer listening to Fischer and the radio commercials are less annoying especially all those dumb State Farm commercials.

The Tune-In ap worked for short pauses over the weekend, which surprised me. So I was able to "slow down" the internet radio broadcast to sync with the DirectTV stream video.

The Tune-In ap worked for short pauses over the weekend, which surprised me. So I was able to "slow down" the internet radio broadcast to sync with the DirectTV stream video.
so what happens when you're switching back and forth to other games on tv

I usually tape IU and start watching a different game.
Then 90 minutes into the game I start the tape. This allows me to fast forward thru all the commercials.
Another choice is taping and starting only a few minutes in. Then when I catch up I go to something else, then back to the tape etc.
Commercials are so loud, so long, and so stupid it is hard for me to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT