ADVERTISEMENT

Switching topics

Um it's October 10 not September 25 and we're 3-3 and lost to a team with a recently fired head coach and DC and then proceeded to stink it up in the second half against UM while demonstrating pretty much the entire game that the OL was totally unsuited to play in a P5 conf and probably not in FBS and probably only mediocre in FCS, at best. And you say hiccups and new coordinators etc. and yet there is mountains of evidence of new guys coming in and complete turnarounds ocurring, even in mediocre programs traditionally. Heck WKU started a DII QB transfer as their new QB and continue to run their offense like always and their OL performs quite well year in year out. Granted the scheme doesn't change much but the OL personell does. The IU OL problem has existed for years. We've seen it and commented on it and it goes back to DeBord. What you don't seem to grasp is the scheme matters some, but not as much as you seem to think. The lack of fundamentals evidenced by the OL pretty much states it is the unit and the unit's coach at fault. The ONLY reason the OL wasn't as obvious an issue was Penix in his prime got the ball out unbelievably quickly.

Unless you have something of value to say just stop. Move on to a topic you do know something about and pray do tell what your "inside" info tells you that isn't already known by any casual observer.
That took out the legs of the resident expert.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hilarious. Classic projection. You made the patently absurd claim that Sam Wyche, who used IU as a steppingstone to an NFL head coaching gig, would have taken us to "higher levels" than Mallory did. Utterly ridiculous on so many levels.

Then, I think in the same thread, you jumped all over me when I said Allen had been vetted for the Florida State job after Taggart was fired. You told me I was full of it and insisted CTA had never been vetted for the job - - until I produced an article reflecting that he had, in fact, been vetted for it. Then, I guess to hide your embarrassment, you quickly pivoted to questioning the meaning of "vetted," after having no problem with the term in your earlier posts.

You're a fraud and a troll, Skippy, and everyone here has your number. Pretty soon you may have to roll out your 20th user name.
Slam dunk!

As the old saying goes, “Don’t get into a fight with a pig, because everyone gets muddy but the pigs enjoy it.”

The analogy here: This dude says very little, but LOVES to lecture, never admits anything and just keeps coming back for more and sucks people into the death spiral post session back & forth.

Suggestion: don’t let the arrogant tone or false insider bravado suck you in and just move onto the next text or comment. Better for the soul!
His public warning didn't change much, huh? Trolls gonna troll.

Hilarious. Classic projection. You made the patently absurd claim that Sam Wyche, who used IU as a steppingstone to an NFL head coaching gig, would have taken us to "higher levels" than Mallory did. Utterly ridiculous on so many levels.

Then, I think in the same thread, you jumped all over me when I said Allen had been vetted for the Florida State job after Taggart was fired. You told me I was full of it and insisted CTA had never been vetted for the job - - until I produced an article reflecting that he had, in fact, been vetted for it. Then, I guess to hide your embarrassment, you quickly pivoted to questioning the meaning of "vetted," after having no problem with the term in your earlier posts.

You're a fraud and a troll, Skippy, and everyone here has your number. Pretty soon you may have to roll out your 20th user name.
That's gonna leave a mark.

But you’re not wise enough to lecture anyone, especially on a topic that you clearly don’t understand. You’ve demonstrated that here on multiple occasions, and the Mal / Wyche scenario is but one. It’s clear you had no idea about that era of IU football, yet you lied and claimed otherwise. I loved Mal, but he won at a 38% rate in the Big Ten. How could any IU fan not know that basic fact? And your commentary about where we are currently is laughable, even if you sincerely believe it. The only troll here is you.
SMH

@Bowlmania is a quality poster.

Which half in the first when he was talking about how much trouble Michigan was having dealing with tempo? Or the second when he said tempo did not suit IU?
I didn't hear it but evidently his second half comment. Just my opinion.

On the other hand, Klatt is paid to say stuff even if contradictory or wrong. Disappointing but not really shocking he will say opposite things so he can claim to be correct in the future.

Is he laying low or has he already moved on to a new user name?
I don't know, but for whatever reason, it is nice while it lasts.

Edit: out of curiosity, I looked at GBI and he has fired up his Kern County account there...trashing TA and some posters here.

Last edited:
I didn't hear it but evidently his second half comment. Just my opinion.

On the other hand, Klatt is paid to say stuff even if contradictory or wrong. Disappointing but not really shocking he will say opposite things so he can claim to be correct in the future.
I did hear his comments in the second half about how the uptempo offense was not suited for a team like IU. But in the first half he was talking about it caught Michigan off guard a few times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT