ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid Pre-Season Prediction Post

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Whatever - I’m bored.

A reasonable good, not best, case scenario?

8/31 FIU - should win 1-0

9/7 Western Illinois - should win 2-0

9/14 @UCLA - could win - history of talent comparison would say not likely - both teams have a new coach - ours is better - theirs is weird - they have more players back from an 8 win team - their oft-injured back up QB with better numbers now starts - their running game looks solid - passing game good - lost a lot on DL - good size LBs - lost 3 of back 4 - you know what we have sorta 2-1.

9/21 Charlotte - close call could/should win - they have a 2nd year coach who was a HS coach and hedge fund investor hired by Harbaugh at Michigan - went 3-9 in first AAC year, moved up from CUSA - lost 20-38 at Maryland (we lost 44-17) - lost 7-22 at Florida - best win was at Tulsa - hit portal hard - 75 (!) transfers in 2 years - QB from Florida - RB from Michigan - 4 new OL - a “bell weather” game for us, but aren’t they all in a 1st year new regime? 3-1 home win

9/28 Maryland - no more Tagovailoa. But another portal QB spit out by NC State - and they have all been solid to NFL caliber. 2 quality RB’s return 900+ yards. Return 1400 yards among 5 receivers. But … lost 6 OL. Front 7 on defense Adequate+. Back 4 gone. Another game that can tell us where/how we stand. Home game. Can win. Need to win. Home game. Stop the presses! Turtles don’t take us serious - big heads always bite ya - 4-1

10/5 @NW - could win. will be weird. Junior high bleachers on the lakefront. Facts is facts - they won 8 last year after a weird summer and losing Mr. NW. they return 15 starters. Added 6 solid portals, including a decent run threat QB. Fireplug RB. We both played Rutgers, Penn State, Maryland, Wisconsin, Purdue and Illinois last year. We went 1-5. They went 4-2. We played Penn State better. I’d call a couple “even” because of points. Can win. Need to win. Road game. Will we know who we are yet? I “feel” NW had lightning in a bottle last year - which is unreliable. Cig wins road games. Google it. 5-1.

10/19 Nebraska - Rhule. Their 5 wins last year were not impressive to me, and they lost to every “good” team they played, but the Smart Guys think they finally turned it around. 5 star Frosh QB’s are highly loved! A fast 220 pound RB. 8 OL return. Their new DC went to a 3-3-5 to try and keep it in front of them. They improved and bring back a solid bunch. Hard game to win. We are off a bye. Soft beds. Big heads. 5-2.

10/26 Washington - payback is a bitch. They lost everything and we owe them a Penix beating. QB threw for 8,000 in 2 years for Leach. Ponds makes him cry. I still like our chances. 6-2. Cig gets another “first year turnaround patch.

11/2 @MSU - They are a mess. QB Chiles was No. 4 at Oregon State, but played 1 series every game - my plan for assuring a game-ready QB if your top 3 leave. Battling a starter with 9,000 yards at North Dakota. They were awful last year but rallied late to beat us(remember their WR scoring when our guys hit each other?) and Nebraska - both by 3. Road game, but we can win. We have Mo. 7-2.

11/9 Michigan - if they start Tuttle I’ll cry. They return a whopping 7, but they get talent all the time. Home game. If they have completely lost it post-Harbaugh, we need to be REALLY good to win. 7-3.

11/23 @OSU. 7-4.

11/30 Purdue - POTFB. 8-4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.