ADVERTISEMENT

STONE MEN!!!!!!!

images

Blah, it was an easter egg. With all the stuff they're cutting that was plain silly.
The interwebz reacted pretty positively to it. Saying it was a really nice move since there is no Jon Connington/Griff character established. Whoever the F that is (I just watch the series).

Similar to the reaction of Sansa in Winterfell instead of a fake Arya.

Plus there's all kinds of buzz about sweet little Shireen and grayscale in general. Consensus is don't get too attached to her. Her endearing scene with Stannis last week was a huge red flag. The Lord of Light works in mysterious ways.

This is all fan speculation, not actual spoilers.

I didn't realize The Imp and Varys (and Joran) were still so far from Mereen. They acted like they had been traveling for weeks when Varys let him out of the box. When Joran kidnapped him, it felt like he was only maybe a days ride from the Queen.

Now it appears they are still weeks away with much journey left. I'll guess the audience with Danaerys Stormborn, first of her name, descendant of the first men, mother of dragons, freer of slaves, etc. etc. etc. occurs in week 9 at this juncture.

I thought this week's was good enough. I agree with you though that it may have jumped he shark. Before this week, the last couple of episodes have disappointed. I nearly fell asleep watching them. My wife felt like you did though. She thought this week's episode sucked. I will stay with it as I still enjoy the show but some chit has to happen and soon.

I liked this last episode... Thought it was the best of this season. Granted, things have been slow. But I also think they're building...

But let's not pretend that the greatest of series haven't had bad stretches, or even "down" seasons.

Be patient...

You know what has jumped the shark? The phrase "jumped the shark." Jesus, I hate that phucking saying.

I liked the last episode, a lot, and I have been down on the show most of this season. I thought they did Valryia justice though they kinda blazed through there. The scene in which Tyrion sees Drogon is great, and the books enhanced the experience. Anyone (other than TMP) remember what book Tyrion is reading on his to the Wall with Jon Snow way back when in Season 1?

A bad episode of GoT is still better than 98% of the tripe that is on TV. Not every episode is going to be a Red Wedding.

Reactions: C-$
I think this show is officially about to jump the shark.

This week was awful.

Dialogue is weaker than crap. Not that Martin is a master or anything, but this season it feels very clunky and cliche'.. They're really eating up the story and quickly. Maybe too quickly. Creation is always easier with guidelines to base it on. It's also much easier when you have years to tweak and fill in depth. These shows are probably taking 2 to 3 weeks to create and write and the "depth" of story and dialogue are missing. Transparent even.

The Jamie Bron thing would have been great in book form and in Martins hands, Brons character in the books was exceptional, the biggest dirt bag in the world surrounded by the Nobles, who are all liars, and him brutally honest, It was a great dynamic. That's now totally lost. WTF are they doing with him. Littlefinger's dialogue and character is becoming a caricature.

Putting characters together, they need to play off of each other. The differences in the characters need to always be in conflict with the goal. That was apparent in the books. So far, in the pairings they've made ie Jamie/Bron, Brienne/Pod, Tyrion/Jorah it's just not there. At all ... or if it is it thin.

Maybe they'll get better..

Dialogue is weaker than crap. Not that Martin is a master or anything, but this season it feels very clunky and cliche'.. They're really eating up the story and quickly. Maybe too quickly. Creation is always easier with guidelines to base it on. It's also much easier when you have years to tweak and fill in depth. These shows are probably taking 2 to 3 weeks to create and write and the "depth" of story and dialogue are missing. Transparent even.

The Jamie Bron thing would have been great in book form and in Martins hands, Brons character in the books was exceptional, the biggest dirt bag in the world surrounded by the Nobles, who are all liars, and him brutally honest, It was a great dynamic. That's now totally lost. WTF are they doing with him. Littlefinger's dialogue and character is becoming a caricature.

Putting characters together, they need to play off of each other. The differences in the characters need to always be in conflict with the goal. That was apparent in the books. So far, in the pairings they've made ie Jamie/Bron, Brienne/Pod, Tyrion/Jorah it's just not there. At all ... or if it is it thin.

Probably tearing through it since the series likely only makes it 2-3 more seasons or so. I doubt it goes past 8 seasons and I'm thinking 7 at this point.

You have read the books and feel it is dragging, yet I feel it is taking Tyrion forever to get to the Queen. Of course, what matters is the journey, not the destination. But up until this week, it was a boring journey of Tyrion whining about wanting more booze. He's no fun when he isn't playing the game.

And what happened to Varys? Guess he is taking the less tumultuous road to see the Queen.

Probably tearing through it since the series likely only makes it 2-3 more seasons or so. I doubt it goes past 8 seasons and I'm thinking 7 at this point.

You have read the books and feel it is dragging, yet I feel it is taking Tyrion forever to get to the Queen. Of course, what matters is the journey, not the destination. But up until this week, it was a boring journey of Tyrion whining about wanting more booze. He's no fun when he isn't playing the game.

And what happened to Varys? Guess he is taking the less tumultuous road to see the Queen.

True, the books are dragging as he tries to fill space, the show though is going light speed.

True, the books are dragging as he tries to fill space, the show though is going light speed.

Oops. I think I said that wrong. Should have read: "You have read the books and feel it [the show] is going light speed, yet I feel that it is taking Tyrion forever to get to the Queen."

My bad.

Oops. I think I said that wrong. Should have read: "You have read the books and feel it [the show] is going light speed, yet I feel that it is taking Tyrion forever to get to the Queen."

My bad.
Not to spoil anything but .... you're in for a long haul.

Reactions: Moops
The worst scene this season was Oberyn's paramour and daughters plotting to start a war. Horrible dialogue and horribly directed.

The introduction of the Sand Snakes should have been much better.

Like I said, I have been down on this season, but liked the last episode.

Eating up? It's eaten. That's part of my problem. They are setting up the final two episodes now. That means they have three more episodes of just setup before anything major happens. The first half of this season have moved at light speed, and the next three weeks are going to crawl at a snail's pace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT