ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen Carr out again this Saturday vs Minnesota

If it wasn't senior day, I'd just advocate sitting the returning starters to prevent more injuries.

If it wasn't senior day, I'd just advocate sitting the returning starters to prevent more injuries.
What? I know what you're implying but come on. There is still something to salvage on this season. It's going to end a complete SS of a season regardless but they can make things happen that at least allows us to go into the offseason with hope. At some point its about saving face and having pride. For those playing like they don't care, that should be a clear sign we need to go in another direction.

I know we had incredibly high hopes and all of those have been dashed; however, we know a bucket win is always a good win for a program like IU or PU. The bowl games and pageantry that comes with it are fun but the bucket game offers more bragging rights. If you asked which one I would prefer to win.....as much as I want a bowl game win I would still take a bucket game win. So let's go all out for the seniors who gave us the last few years.....if nothing else, they deserve that type of effort.

What? I know what you're implying but come on. There is still something to salvage on this season. It's going to end a complete SS of a season regardless but they can make things happen that at least allows us to go into the offseason with hope. At some point its about saving face and having pride. For those playing like they don't care, that should be a clear sign we need to go in another direction.

I know we had incredibly high hopes and all of those have been dashed; however, we know a bucket win is always a good win for a program like IU or PU. The bowl games and pageantry that comes with it are fun but the bucket game offers more bragging rights. If you asked which one I would prefer to win.....as much as I want a bowl game win I would still take a bucket game win. So let's go all out for the seniors who gave us the last few years.....if nothing else, they deserve that type of effort.
Yes, the bucket is our bowl game. And I know my statement sounds defeatist, but I'm also being a realist.

We've played so bad good so long, I doubt we can put it all together for a full 60 min. As soon as something goes bad, the leaders on the team fold and just pack it in, just going through the motions. They're mentally soft and can't handle adversity. It's a recipe for disaster IMO. I don't believe the team can just turn it on at this point and play a full game. It's not like we're playing hard every snap and just have bad luck- they don't give the effort required to win even from the very first snap. If it's a game of inches, we're behind by miles. The team acts like they can't get to the off season fast enough.

It's all about Pride now...it has been so many times before Saturday. But if player Pride were consistent across this squad, would we have not seen more of it than we have to date? Pride to a teenager is something different to an adult...and more to a IU FB fan who has seen what it looks like when you have none. Now is when the beleaguered LEO comes into play. If it is a real, tangible belief among the majority of players, we should see that the next two games. If not, well, we know, don't we. I have hope.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and mk23

we win the last 2 games, and it's a much different next 9 months.

Reactions: mk23
If the Bucket game is IU’s “bowl”…..yeah, right…..because IU does so well in bowl games.

Brohm runs circles around Allen and it ain’t even close. Allen eeked out his one win against a depleted Brohm team in 2019 and if you are a gambler, it’s a lock that Allen will not beat Purdue again in whatever tenure he has left at IU. The coaching disparity is enormous there.

More than likely a crazy coincidence, but virtually every portal recruit went down during that last scrimmage with Rutger. Look it up.

More than likely a crazy coincidence, but virtually every portal recruit went down during that last scrimmage with Rutger. Look it up.

I believe that's inaccurate...

Most were injured prior to Rutgers...

The only ones I recall being knocked out against Rutgers were our Center from Stanford, Powell and our QB from Utah, Tuttle...

A couple of guys on D went out but I believe they came back in later in the game... (Please don't make me rewatch that🤕..., please...😞😉)...

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13 and mk23
If the Bucket game is IU’s “bowl”…..yeah, right…..because IU does so well in bowl games.

Brohm runs circles around Allen and it ain’t even close. Allen eeked out his one win against a depleted Brohm team in 2019 and if you are a gambler, it’s a lock that Allen will not beat Purdue again in whatever tenure he has left at IU. The coaching disparity is enormous there.
I don't know who you think wants to hear your hyperbolic, troll-y negativity, but no one does.

And just FYI, Allen still has more wins and a better winning percentage than Brohm, even with this year's results. Brohm is better at two things than Allen: repeatedly fluking into inexplicable wins over highly-ranked teams, and repeatedly turning in awful dicktrip losses against G5 schools to open seasons. Nothing else.

Last edited:
I don't know who you think wants to hear your hyperbolic, troll-y negativity, but no one does.

And just FYI, Allen still has more wins and a better winning percentage than Brohm, even with this year's results. Brohm is better at two things than Allen: repeatedly fluking into inexplicable wins over highly-ranked teams, and repeatedly turning in awful dicktrip losses against G5 schools to open seasons. Nothing else.
49-20, 40-29, and whatever the Iowa score was aren't exactly fluke wins.

Spin it anyway you want but if you were given a choice of a coach on the IU sideline, you’d choose Allen over Brohm? Get real.

Brohm and Clawson at Wake Forest are examples of guys that get more out of their pool of talent than almost any coach out there.

Reactions: IndyGlen
Both coaches have had their share of adversity the last 5 years. But its amazing how things change in one season.

Just 6 months ago, Brohm was declining... 7, 6, 4 and 2 wins. Allen goes two two Jan Bowls, #17 ranking, COY, new contract, a world of possibilities.

Then we flop hard vs Iowa, have zero offense all year, lose some close games to great teams, have 30 players miss time due to injuries, and get blown out by Rutgers. Now we're starting down a 2-10 season.

Brohm, looking like he's going to get fired, is looking up to an 8 win season, got ranked even for a bit, got his 3rd bowl bid, is 2-1 vs top 5 teams, and looking at a possible 9 win season.

That was INDIANA just 6 months ago.

What did we do to piss of the college football gods????

I'd really like to see Speagle get more carries and see what he can do. I think He is one of those guys Who gets stronger as the game goes on and people wear down. But You can't see that giving him 3 sporadic carries a game.
He's one of those rythm backs. Keep feeding him. Lather him up. And feed him some more. He needs lots of carries to get going.

Reactions: 76-1 and mk23
We're not going to miss a 3.9 ypc back. I'm not putting it all on Carr, with our o line a statue could gain as many yards.

I believe that's inaccurate...

Most were injured prior to Rutgers...

The only ones I recall being knocked out against Rutgers were our Center from Stanford, Powell and our QB from Utah, Tuttle...

A couple of guys on D went out but I believe they came back in later in the game... (Please don't make me rewatch that🤕..., please...😞😉)...
Yeah, that might be right. I sure as heck don't want to go back and watch it again either. But I'm pretty sure I saw Powell go down. And Anderson. And Handy. And Tuttle. And Haynes. Maybe Carpenter for at least a couple plays. And Kramer. That's on top of already losing Matthews and Carr. Several of those guys probably did go back in at some point, but it sure seemed like they were dropping like flies for a good chunk of the game and every time a guy was down it turned out to be a portal guy. Like I said originally, weird.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Spin it anyway you want but if you were given a choice of a coach on the IU sideline, you’d choose Allen over Brohm? Get real.

Brohm and Clawson at Wake Forest are examples of guys that get more out of their pool of talent than almost any coach out there.
Well, who is responsible for their “pool of talent” ? He has been there long enough these are his guys. Also if you stripped them of their top 3 QB’s and David Bell, how do you think they would be faring? If you are going to use the injury excuse for Brohm in the 2019 game, then I think we certainly qualify for an injury “excuse” this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT