ADVERTISEMENT

State Legion Tournament at Bill Nix field in Plymouth.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
First game this morning at 8:30
Rockport vs Remington
Mishawaka vs Newburg
Floyds Knobs vs Terre Haute
Kokomo vs Plymouth
This post was edited on 7/29 1:03 PM by Rockport Zebra

I have 4 players on Remington. Was up there today also. Rockports left side of the infield was unbelievable on defense today. Was a great game until the last few frames.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Game 2 and 3.

Newburg 9 Mishawaka 0
Terre Haute 4 Floyds Knobs 3
Kokomo vs Plymoth still missing.
Double elimination, the winners bracket is key.

Kokomo got down 7-0 and came back and won it in the bottom of the 9th on a walk off homer. Turner (the kid who walked off Plymouth), had 6 RBI, with 2 HR and a triple. They are likely my pick to win it, as they still haven't thrown Warden, who will likely get the nod today. Terre Haute is always awesome, but recently some of the top players in their area have moved on to AAU and left legion (much like the rest of the state).

Winners bracket is strong.

Rockport vs Terra Haute
Newburg vs Kokomo

I contemplate how strong Legion Baseball was before AAU Basketball and Baseball. The best players from each town played baseball for the Legion. The drop off in programs and team talent is stark but that winners bracket is loaded with strong pedigreed teams.

Re: Winners bracket is strong.

Originally posted by Rockport Zebra:
Rockport vs Terra Haute
Newburg vs Kokomo

I contemplate how strong Legion Baseball was before AAU Basketball and Baseball. The best players from each town played baseball for the Legion. The drop off in programs and team talent is stark but that winners bracket is loaded with strong pedigreed teams.
Oh yea, it's definitely way, way down. With the Bulls, Prospects, Slugers, Thunder, etc.... Just way too much talent going elsewhere, and probably for good reason. So, so many scouts attend those games. I played Bulls my Junior year of HS and can remember seeing 20-30 and even sometimes 40 scouts at games we were playing down south. It's just a whole new ballgame.

Very true

I still advise players that if you are good they will find you. The cost of the travel is hurting many families. Legion offers games at little travel cost.

Re: Very true

Originally posted by Rockport Zebra:

I still advise players that if you are good they will find you. The cost of the travel is hurting many families. Legion offers games at little travel cost.
100% with you on that! I had to get sponsors to play Bulls, as it's outrageous (even worse now I'm sure, as I'm almost 26 now). Tough that the Remington team is disbanding after this year, most of those players are incoming seniors. Not sure if someone else will coach, or another legion will pick them up.

Floyds Knobb beat Remington 4-3 today to knock Rem out. Have not heard of any other games thus far.

The Post 254 link is my only source.

I will keep up with the games and post what I learn. Needless to say Rockport is my team. Coach Haff is Indiana HOF. Our story in Baseball is a Indiana Treasure.

Wed. results.

Terre Haute 2 Rockport 1.
Plymoth 8 Mishawaka 7.
Floyds Knobs 4 Remminton 1
Newburg 7 Kokomo 2
This post was edited on 7/31 11:31 AM by Rockport Zebra

Todays games

Elimination games.
Plymouth vs Rockport
Floyds Knobs vs Kokomo
Winners bracket
Terre Haute vs Newburg
This post was edited on 7/31 5:30 PM by Rockport Zebra

Scores

Rockport 8 Plymouth 5
Kokomo 12 Floyds Knobs 10
Newburg 10 Terre Haute 8
This post was edited on 8/1 12:53 AM by Rockport Zebra

Scores

Kokomo 4 Terre Haute 3
Newburg 3 Rockport 2
Newburg is the winners bracket survivor. I am sure my news source dried up with the Rockport loss. Evansville news hasn't covered this tournry. Sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT