ADVERTISEMENT

stat of the day: Robert Johnson

TR32

All-American
Nov 20, 2009
With 13 points against Wisconsin, Robert Johnson is now 24 points shy of 1000 in his IU career. That will be something to look forward to in the NIT. Hopefully.

Well on pace for 1,000 turnovers, too.

RJ is the most disappointing player on IU, or perhaps most over-hyped (close call with TB). No leadership, turnover prone, poor passer, and weak defender. His junior year reminds me of Lyndon Jones junior season when, for whatever reason, he went in the tank. Difference is, RMK essentially benched him and CTC continued playing him. It will be interesting to see what happens with RJ under the new coach. I could easily see him transferring if he's told that he's not likely to play much.

RJ is the most disappointing player on IU, or perhaps most over-hyped (close call with TB). No leadership, turnover prone, poor passer, and weak defender. His junior year reminds me of Lyndon Jones junior season when, for whatever reason, he went in the tank. Difference is, RMK essentially benched him and CTC continued playing him. It will be interesting to see what happens with RJ under the new coach. I could easily see him transferring if he's told that he's not likely to play much.
Robert is a classic case of a kid not working in the system and everyone blaming him. He has a lot of skills but is being asked to do things that are not his strengths. TB is pretty much the same. We decided that he had to be a stretch 4 this year and we all think he isn't that good but he just isn't that good playing that way.

Reactions: BB Hoosier
With 13 points against Wisconsin, Robert Johnson is now 24 points shy of 1000 in his IU career. That will be something to look forward to in the NIT. Hopefully.

Lol...if we accept an nit bid, it'll be all I need to know about Fred Glass.

Robert is a classic case of a kid not working in the system and everyone blaming him. He has a lot of skills but is being asked to do things that are not his strengths. TB is pretty much the same. We decided that he had to be a stretch 4 this year and we all think he isn't that good but he just isn't that good playing that way.
I think TB is a bad low post player. He becomes fumble fingers when he gets the ball on the inside,and doesn't have a very strong move with inside touch. Just yesterday he missed what some would call bunnies. No inside touch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT