ADVERTISEMENT

Star gazing..

sdhoosier

All-Big Ten
Dec 21, 2001
So Calif
I woke up early this am and couldn't get back to sleep...got up and noticed the moon and a couple of bright stars near it.. Quick research revealed the bright stars as Venus and Jupiter...I am not a star fanatic but pretty good view in the hour or 2 before dawn the next few days if you happen to be up...just look east young man..found this online..

"Tomorrow morning – October 10, 2015 – you can still see the moon and planets in the east before dawn! Look in the direction of sunrise …
The sky chart above only shows the
waning crescent moon and the planets Venus and Jupiter, because that’s all the casual sky watcher is likely to notice at morning dawn. It’ll take more of an effort to catch the planets Mars and Mercury, plus Regulus, the constellation Leo’s brightest star.
Here’s how to see Mars. Get up before dawn, or about 90 minutes (or more) before sunrise. You should be able to view ruddy Mars in between Venus and Jupiter with the eye alone at that dark hour. If you get up after the onset of morning twilight, try looking for Mars with binoculars, if you have them. Look at the
earthshine illuminating the dark side of the moon, too – with the unaided eye or binoculars."

Reactions: IU-Curmudgeon
I woke up early this am and couldn't get back to sleep...got up and noticed the moon and a couple of bright stars near it.. Quick research revealed the bright stars as Venus and Jupiter...I am not a star fanatic but pretty good view in the hour or 2 before dawn the next few days if you happen to be up...just look east young man..found this online..

"Tomorrow morning – October 10, 2015 – you can still see the moon and planets in the east before dawn! Look in the direction of sunrise …
The sky chart above only shows the
waning crescent moon and the planets Venus and Jupiter, because that’s all the casual sky watcher is likely to notice at morning dawn. It’ll take more of an effort to catch the planets Mars and Mercury, plus Regulus, the constellation Leo’s brightest star.
Here’s how to see Mars. Get up before dawn, or about 90 minutes (or more) before sunrise. You should be able to view ruddy Mars in between Venus and Jupiter with the eye alone at that dark hour. If you get up after the onset of morning twilight, try looking for Mars with binoculars, if you have them. Look at the
earthshine illuminating the dark side of the moon, too – with the unaided eye or binoculars."
I saw them too, after the weather girl mentioned it while doing the weather.

Was looking at that too on my iPad app last night...the 4 planets and the moon were all lined up. Got up at 5 and checked it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT