ADVERTISEMENT

Spring practice preview

I'm probably in the minority but I'm happy to see Reese Taylor moving back over to the CB position... That's where he said he wanted to play coming in and it gives him his best shot at the NFL...

Hopefully, with him at that position, we gain a guy who'll give the team consistently smart, solid play..., (not another guy who'll give you two great plays coupled with two mind numbing bad ones)...

Sounds like he's penciled in as the early pick for returning punts too...

I'm probably in the minority but I'm happy to see Reese Taylor moving back over to the CB position... That's where he said he wanted to play coming in and it gives him his best shot at the NFL...

Hopefully, with him at that position, we gain a guy who'll give the team consistently smart, solid play..., (not another guy who'll give you two great plays coupled with two mind numbing bad ones)...

Sounds like he's penciled in as the early pick for returning punts too...
Well, what they were doing with him last year wasn't working so I would rather see him move to D as well. I know he had some good yardage plays but it seemed like the majority of the time he came, the defense knew he would get the ball - and he did but had nowhere to go with it. I would have preferred he came in at QB and run the option in those situations. They couldn't key on him as much then, like they did last year.

Reactions: vesuvius13
These coaches must put Taylor in the best positions to succeed. I don't know which position Taylor should play, but it needs to be one in which he makes the biggest impact on winning games.

Watching Purdue's offense utilize Rondale Moore's skillsets was what many expected IU to do with Taylor.....

These coaches must put Taylor in the best positions to succeed. I don't know which position Taylor should play, but it needs to be one in which he makes the biggest impact on winning games.

Watching Purdue's offense utilize Rondale Moore's skillsets was what many expected IU to do with Taylor.....
This! Times a million!

Watch his highlights and don't tell me he looks an awful like Rondale Moore with those moves, the jukes, and the power to go through defenders.

That skillsets should be displayed on offense, not defense.

OK, I'll go now before @crossfire74 tells at me again for wanting to take defensive studs and move them to offense! ;) haha

I thought the biggest difference between R Moore and Reece was that Reece was not very elusive. He seemed to be fast and very quick but did not seem to have that elusive factor that Moore has. I think he could be an outstanding CB though and he will get plenty of chance to prove me wrong if they give him a shot a returning punts. I hope he does.

Whoever is playing the slot receiver position, I want to see the QB hit the receiver on the run so no momentum is lost. Saw that happen way too many times the last few years.

Well, what they were doing with him last year wasn't working so I would rather see him move to D as well. I know he had some good yardage plays but it seemed like the majority of the time he came, the defense knew he would get the ball - and he did but had nowhere to go with it. I would have preferred he came in at QB and run the option in those situations. They couldn't key on him as much then, like they did last year.
Totally agree here. He would have been best behind the OL where he was used to patience and waiting for things to open up before he showed off his wheels. He would have been an excellent wildcat option!

This! Times a million!

Watch his highlights and don't tell me he looks an awful like Rondale Moore with those moves, the jukes, and the power to go through defenders.

That skillsets should be displayed on offense, not defense.

OK, I'll go now before @crossfire74 tells at me again for wanting to take defensive studs and move them to offense! ;) haha
I prefer him on defense too. With Andre Brown, A’Shon Riggins, Raheem Layne and Jaylin Williams and now Mullen and Taylor in the CB room thats a great room. All kinds of potential and we need some lockdowns.

I thought the biggest difference between R Moore and Reece was that Reece was not very elusive. He seemed to be fast and very quick but did not seem to have that elusive factor that Moore has. I think he could be an outstanding CB though and he will get plenty of chance to prove me wrong if they give him a shot a returning punts. I hope he does.
I hate to say it, but Moore is just a stud. You could put 3 guys on him and he would still get open, it seemed. However, he played every down unlike Reece. Pretty sure if Moore only came in for plays where he got the ball, it would be a little different. Plus he could get open downfield and stretch the field which I don't think we ever did with Reece. (Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall it.)

I hate to say it, but Moore is just a stud. You could put 3 guys on him and he would still get open, it seemed. However, he played every down unlike Reece. Pretty sure if Moore only came in for plays where he got the ball, it would be a little different. Plus he could get open downfield and stretch the field which I don't think we ever did with Reece. (Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall it.)

There were 2 plays in the Michigan St game where Reece was lined up at RB and ran a whee route down the sideline and Peyton missed him both times.. one if not both were sure fire TDs

This is why I would like to see Gest at slot as his speed and strength would be used and be as dangerous as Moore.

This is why I would like to see Gest at slot as his speed and strength would be used and be as dangerous as Moore.
Agree he has a nasty burst and speed to burn. When I say nasty the kid is not afraid of contact and always hits the line hard. You get him in space and he would be dangerous and a threat to any db trying to make the tackle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT