ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Woody is making his way to HH

Sisley= overrated. Good, but nothing special. Seen him play many times, never been that impressed. Impressive stats, but against inferior competition.
I'm not impressed By Furst or Kaufman-Renn who had tons more accolades while in HS. Sisley could be a Brian Evans type with the right coach.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Great on paper but do nothing to build the program and great teams.
Well, my point was that he's doing OK getting talent and desireable recruits, imo, but less so on constructing rosters and good multi-faceted teams. I think most or all of those guys could be pieces on successful teams, so it's that part of his recruiting that I question, not getting "the talent".

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Well, my point was that he's doing OK getting talent and desireable recruits, imo, but less so on constructing rosters and good multi-faceted teams. I think most or all of those guys could be pieces on successful teams, so it's that part of his recruiting that I question, not getting "the talent".
True, get Liam and then put some foundation pieces around him. Renting Ware, MM for a year do nothing for the program.

True, get Liam and then put some foundation pieces around him. Renting Ware, MM for a year do nothing for the program.
I agree for this year, but that's really hindsight. Had he done what we needed and added guard(s) who can really shoot, I think this is a much better roster. I think 1 year guys are going to be a part of most good teams equations going forward and both of those guys could've really helped if we had a more complete roster around them. Sadly, my gut tells me we are running out of time with Woody. Hope I'm wrong, but I feel like most indicators are pointing downward... again... and it sucks.

I agree for this year, but that's really hindsight. Had he done what we needed and added guard(s) who can really shoot, I think this is a much better roster. I think 1 year guys are going to be a part of most good teams equations going forward and both of those guys could've really helped if we had a more complete roster around them. Sadly, my gut tells me we are running out of time with Woody. Hope I'm wrong, but I feel like most indicators are pointing downward... again... and it sucks.
We are going to have a large roster turnover after a really bad year and we will have to build the roster from mainly portal guys. Rinse repete…

Sisley= overrated. Good, but nothing special. Seen him play many times, never been that impressed. Impressive stats, but against inferior competition.
Here we are again with the "we are better than that" attitude, while players like Sisley end up at Purdue or Wisconsin and consistently kick Indiana's ass.

Inferior competition? Doesn't every Indiana High School kid that is a major D1 recruit play against inferior competition? True, he doesn't play in the Indy metro conferences, but HH has come up to play in Brownsburg's Shoe's for Santa the last two years. Since he was a Freshman, he has also played up a class for Indy Heat Gym Rats. He does quite well there.

While, I have no B1G scouting or coaching experience, I will take the fact that Painter is in Lincoln City nearly every other week, as validation that he can compete in the B1G and Indiana should want him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT