ADVERTISEMENT

Sonya Massey...

mrhighlife

Senior
Dec 10, 2007
Makes my stomach turn. Glad the other officers were there or this piece of shit may have gotten away with murder. We need higher pay, better training and higher standards to be a police. How this f-cking guy ever got a badge is beyond me. Karma is literally going to get him in the ass every night here soon. Good.

Makes my stomach turn. Glad the other officers were there or this piece of shit may have gotten away with murder. We need higher pay, better training and higher standards to be a police. How this f-cking guy ever got a badge is beyond me. Karma is literally going to get him in the ass every night here soon. Good.

So don't defund them? We also need to let up on the cop hate. No one is going to serve that you want to serve with such public attitudes.

This guy is toast.

What we need is different training--deescalation, rational responses to threat levels, etc.

By the way, screw Crump for more rent seeking and making millions on these cases. Someone should start a non-profit to take these cases and pursue damages for the families.

So don't defund them? We also need to let up on the cop hate. No one is going to serve that you want to serve with such public attitudes.

This guy is toast.

What we need is different training--deescalation, rational responses to threat levels, etc.

By the way, screw Crump for more rent seeking and making millions on these cases. Someone should start a non-profit to take these cases and pursue damages for the families.
Defunding is as stupid as no accountability(like in years past). I've never said defund. That word has never left my mouth when it comes to the police.

Actually we need more funds. So training and recruitment standards can be more stringent. Up their pay significantly to attract the best. This guy should have never been a cop.

Defunding is as stupid as no accountability(like in years past). I've never said defund. That word has never left my mouth when it comes to the police.

Actually we need more funds. So training and recruitment standards can be more stringent. Up their pay significantly to attract the best. This guy should have never been a cop.
Maybe forces need different levels of police and you need to earn your way into carrying a firearm.

If he truly had two prior DUIs it shows one or both of two things....1. they can't find enough worthwhile individuals to take the job; and/or 2. there's too much job security.

I'd like to see more discretion in pay ranges with different officers with similar experience based on honest evaluation of their performance. Also, more leeway to get rid of the problem cops by reducing the threat of retaliatory lawsuits.

The same would go for teachers......

If he truly had two prior DUIs it shows one or both of two things....1. they can't find enough worthwhile individuals to take the job; and/or 2. there's too much job security.

I'd like to see more discretion in pay ranges with different officers with similar experience based on honest evaluation of their performance. Also, more leeway to get rid of the problem cops by reducing the threat of retaliatory lawsuits.

The same would go for teachers......
You get what you pay for. Teaching is another profession that is grossly under paid.

Maybe forces need different levels of police and you need to earn your way into carrying a firearm.
I believe that already exist in a lot of forces. College trainees do not carry.

Better physical fitness training, mandatory and regular mental health counseling, and less wiggle room for ****ing up. If you start with better pay those things won't be a hindrance

I believe that already exist in a lot of forces. College trainees do not carry.

Better physical fitness training, mandatory and regular mental health counseling, and less wiggle room for ****ing up. If you start with better pay those things won't be a hindrance
Where you getting the money?

This guy is toast.

Non lawyer here. There has to be a way to disbar pandering cucks like Crump.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Me either and there should be. Although, as slimey as Crump is, I don't see anyone lining up to help this family.

Zero chance some law firms wouldn't take that pro bono given the circumstances. I haven't watched the video - did she actually threaten the guy with boiling water or anything or was he just using that as an excuse?

Zero chance some law firms wouldn't take that pro bono given the circumstances. I haven't watched the video - did she actually threaten the guy with boiling water or anything or was he just using that as an excuse?
People would be lining up to take that case for a fee.

Thats freaking awful. Dude needs to be put away for a VERY long time.

That said, I’m not sure race played any part at all in what happened but AP sure as hell emphasized it in that article as if it did.

The MSM in this country is downright evil.

Reactions: BradStevens
Thats freaking awful. Dude needs to be put away for a VERY long time.

That said, I’m not sure race played any part at all in what happened but AP sure as hell emphasized it in that article as if it did.

The MSM in this country is downright evil.
I don't think race did either or rather I have no idea if it did.

That's a fantastic idea. We ask too little of people looking to take the responsibility of being a police officer, offer too little in helping them become good at it, and demand too much once they've been given that awesome responsibility.

That said, the "defund" argument has mostly been a canard. Most of the actual conversation has been about reallocating responsibilities (and thus resources) so that we don't make the same mistake with police that we've made with teachers...asking them to be a one-stop solution for all things. The broad array of interactions that police are tasked with being experts in is unsustainable.

That's a fantastic idea. We ask too little of people looking to take the responsibility of being a police officer, offer too little in helping them become good at it, and demand too much once they've been given that awesome responsibility.

That said, the "defund" argument has mostly been a canard. Most of the actual conversation has been about reallocating responsibilities (and thus resources) so that we don't make the same mistake with police that we've made with teachers...asking them to be a one-stop solution for all things. The broad array of interactions that police are tasked with being experts in is unsustainable.
I agree with all of that but the Right didn’t create the slogan, the far left did. I think AOC doubled down on it. Stupid move.

I agree with all of that but the Right didn’t create the slogan, the far left did. I think AOC doubled down on it. Stupid move.
Agree. Bad communication. That doesn't excuse the general refusal by some to engage on the matter.

It would be nice if all sides could get together and work on this. There a debate on Honestly I started listening to today that was centered on this.

It would be nice if all sides could get together and work on this. There a debate on Honestly I started listening to today that was centered on this.
It will take serious people (you are certainly one of them) and discussions of more than 280 characters at time, but I do think there is real progress being made there despite what happened with Sonya Massey.

Here’s the debate I was referencing. I really think people from all sides of this issue can learn something from this that might make them reeevaluate their stance, even if it might not change it:

• Love
Reactions: hoosboot
You get what you pay for. Teaching is another profession that is grossly under paid.
I saw a comment on Twitter (yeah I know), that was probably an oversimplification but did make an interesting point. The claim was that on average we spend around $15k/student a year to educate our kids and that maybe we could get more bang for that buck (along with some better outcomes for teachers) if those funds were put towards microschools. For instance, 10 kids go to school with a certain teacher. The parents of those children direct the funds so they pay that teacher the $15k each. Teacher has $150k as salary and can negotiate materials with parents (You figure some portion of that $150k goes to overhead but for 10 kids I would think the salary for the teacher would still be 6 figures before taxes.)

Granted, there are other things to take into consideration but I think we really need to examine how we spend our school funding.

Reactions: hoosboot

It was an awful word choice that was used by very few people and wasn't really accurate to what they were suggesting. The idea had merit and may have gained traction if the defund word wasn't used.

I saw a comment on Twitter (yeah I know), that was probably an oversimplification but did make an interesting point. The claim was that on average we spend around $15k/student a year to educate our kids and that maybe we could get more bang for that buck (along with some better outcomes for teachers) if those funds were put towards microschools. For instance, 10 kids go to school with a certain teacher. The parents of those children direct the funds so they pay that teacher the $15k each. Teacher has $150k as salary and can negotiate materials with parents (You figure some portion of that $150k goes to overhead but for 10 kids I would think the salary for the teacher would still be 6 figures before taxes.)

Granted, there are other things to take into consideration but I think we really need to examine how we spend our school funding.
I thought about trying to set that up during the pandemic. Couldn't make the numbers work.

To make such schools efficient, you have to group by ability. The current educational fad is to work away from that under the fiction all kids can be equal.

Reactions: jet812

There are certainly issues faced by such a plan that probably make it a no-go, but I applaud your outside the box thinking.

I thought about trying to set that up during the pandemic. Couldn't make the numbers work.

To make such schools efficient, you have to group by ability. The current educational fad is to work away from that under the fiction all kids can be equal.
Interesting. My son has always been pretty good at math. Yet the largest advances he's made in school have been when he has had the opportunity to help kids who aren't great at math.

This is one of several reasons I’m for school choice. I also hope you see smaller start up schools that specialize in all sort of areas. It could be a tech school, or an Autistic School, ADHD school, and etc. The one size fits all is outdated.

Last edited:
Only possible in the very early grades. Not like you could afford a chemistry lab.
Not sure about that. Maybe chemistry is the outlier, but my daughter has a friend taking high school physics via Indiana’s online portal. Add in a local tutor, and this stuff is going to be doable in our lifetimes.

This one of many reasons I’m for school choice. I also hope you see smaller start up schools that specialize in all sort of areas. It could be a tech school, or an Autistic School, ADHD school, and etc. The one size fits all is outdated.
It has never been ideal.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Seeing this cop go down (and the others mentioned in the article) is what Black Lives Matter was all about before the movement got perverted by the wackos on all sides.
No it wasn’t what they were “all about”, at least if you believe their founders…

It has never been ideal.
They’re also slow to act. We are currently in an obesity crisis with children. Due to numerous factors we now live in a sedentary society and culture. Schools should have adjusted years ago and moved to 2 hours of physical activity. Especially at grade school levels. Instead we have went the opposite direction.

Sure, Mary, can read and write, but she’s 100 pounds overweight, has anxiety, lacks confidence, and is on 3 medications at the age of 17. I have an idea, how about we try to help Mary when she is at school for 8 hours? Nope, Mary needs to learn pronouns. It drives me insane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT