ADVERTISEMENT

Something that really matters

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
Detroit is up 8, and gets stopped for a third-and-long with 2:45 left. Tampa Bay has one timeout left. So they...don't use it. Detroit lets the clock run down, and passes the ball (which they were probably going to do anyway) for an incomplete, stopping the clock with 2:06. Tampa Bay lost 40 seconds by sitting on that timeout, which if they do use it when they get the ball back, will probably only save them ten or twelve seconds, depending on the situation.

I see this all the time. Coaches sit on that last timeout, saving it for when they are on offense, but when you're down late, it's almost invariably more valuable to use on defense.

As I'm about to post this: Detroit just made the whole thing a moot point, anyway.

Detroit is up 8, and gets stopped for a third-and-long with 2:45 left. Tampa Bay has one timeout left. So they...don't use it. Detroit lets the clock run down, and passes the ball (which they were probably going to do anyway) for an incomplete, stopping the clock with 2:06. Tampa Bay lost 40 seconds by sitting on that timeout, which if they do use it when they get the ball back, will probably only save them ten or twelve seconds, depending on the situation.

I see this all the time. Coaches sit on that last timeout, saving it for when they are on offense, but when you're down late, it's almost invariably more valuable to use on defense.

As I'm about to post this: Detroit just made the whole thing a moot point, anyway.
i love seeing this for detroit

i love seeing this for detroit
Also, since you're a soccer fan, let me add this other thing that's currently bothering me. Originally, I typed "Detroit is up 8, and get stopped..." I went back and edited it to make the number consistent.

We need to get all the English-speaking countries together and decide once and for all whether sports teams are singular or plural.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Also, since you're a soccer fan, let me add this other thing that's currently bothering me. Originally, I typed "Detroit is up 8, and get stopped..." I went back and edited it to make the number consistent.

We need to get all the English-speaking countries together and decide once and for all whether sports teams are singular or plural.
Co-sign

Packers did the same thing last night. Blew about 40 secs by not using their TOs when SF was about to score the go ahead TD.

Not that it mattered I guess when Love threw one of the worst late game passes I've ever seen a QB attempt. Of course if they had an extra 40 secs, maybe he's a bit calmer and doesn't make that throw.

The Fords should send a new jumbo Raptor pickup truck for the Lions to haul Dan Campbell’s nuts.

where's @zeke4ahs? alright zeke. i'm watching this chiefs' game and kelce caught a td. they showed the suite and his brother is screaming with no shirt on and his big belly hanging out holding a bud light in his hand.

i know women. you know that i know women. i'm a ph.d. equivalent in psychology. this isn't going to work. i saw taylor whispering at one of those awards shows SUPER into what selena gomez was telling her. at once in genuine shock and amazement. those worlds do not match. this isn't going to last. mark my words

where's @zeke4ahs? alright zeke. i'm watching this chiefs' game and kelce caught a td. they showed the suite and his brother is screaming with no shirt on and his big belly hanging out holding a bud light in his hand.

i know women. you know that i know women. i'm a ph.d. equivalent in psychology. this isn't going to work. i saw taylor whispering at one of those awards shows SUPER into what selena gomez was telling her. at once in genuine shock and amazement. those worlds do not match. this isn't going to last. mark my words

In the meantime, she's getting good seats. Play it for all it's worth, girl.

• Haha
In the meantime, she's getting good seats. Play it for all it's worth, girl.
she's avoiding her phone:
Tay. Ew. I saw you on tv with that fat hairy man. Are you okay?
Yes we are all worried, Tay. It's Beibs. Are you being trafficked?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Neither of these teams have shown a defense. If Baltimore loses next week, teams should just stop spending on defense. Take the 20 best players willing to work for league minimum. Rule changes have made NFL defenses equivalent to soccer offenses

Neither of these teams have shown a defense. If Baltimore loses next week, teams should just stop spending on defense. Take the 20 best players willing to work for league minimum. Rule changes have made NFL defenses equivalent to soccer offenses

You're not allowed to play defense in basketball, either.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Too bad there aren't 2 other football boards where football can be discussed......

Happened in the Green Bay game, too. GB cost themselves about 40 seconds. It was great.

I’m in the Galapagos! 😎Spotty internet but we saw second half of game. And I know what Taylor and Selena were talking about… they were gossiping about Kylie Jenner and Tim Chalomee. ( so) Kylie was rude when Selena asked for a picture! I’m still hopeful . I love them together!!!

I’m in the Galapagos! 😎Spotty internet but we saw second half of game. And I know what Taylor and Selena were talking about… they were gossiping about Kylie Jenner and Tim Chalomee. ( so) Kylie was rude when Selena asked for a picture! I’m still hopeful . I love them together!!!
Okay then I am right!!!! No way that will mix with the kelce clan long term.

Have fun!!

Reactions: zeke4ahs
This is MVP type posting right here. Dedication.

Can you post pics? Also, please poll those islanders to see if they know the following: Trump, T Swift, Messi so we can settle who is the most famous.

My daughter threw her hat when she saw T Swizzle was there yesterday because she thought that was a sure sign KC was going to lose.

She can't wait for impending breakup.

I don't get it. Why do all these "famous" pop tarts all seem to hang out together? Do they have any normal, salt of the earth, regular people in their lives? I know this is nothing new, but it's always bugged me.

• Haha

Yes, it was good to see Detroit go on and win the game as opposed to seeing TB lose the game overthinking clock management. Bills lost the nightcap in a 4min offense quandary missing the tying FG. Thus round of the playoffs was always my favorite. During the 12-game seasons everyone got a week off to (over) prepare for the quarter final round.

You don’t remember the theater kids in school growing up? They’re not normal.
schitts creek lol GIF by CBC

Haha. Talked with our tour guide today about Taylor. He doesn’t follow sports so I was trying
This is MVP type posting right here. Dedication.

Can you post pics? Also, please poll those islanders to see if they know the following: Trump, T Swift, Messi so we can settle who is the most famous.
to explain to him about Taylor and Travis.

Mahomes is inevitable. He’s making it work with an aging Kelce and a bunch of nobody wide receivers. Reminds me of when Brady was throwing to Gronk, tiny Edelman and a bunch of nobodies.

Meanwhile, the Bears think that they need to surround Fields with DJ Moore, Marvin Harrison Jr., a top 10 tight end, a couple tackles drafted in the Top 10, before he can finally play decent quarterback.

Mahomes is inevitable. He’s making it work with an aging Kelce and a bunch of nobody wide receivers. Reminds me of when Brady was throwing to Gronk, tiny Edelman and a bunch of nobodies.

Meanwhile, the Bears think that they need to surround Fields with DJ Moore, Marvin Harrison Jr., a top 10 tight end, a couple tackles drafted in the Top 10, before he can finally play decent quarterback.
I was just telling someone the other day the biggest mistake the Vikings make is to always hang on to these superstar wide receivers until they make free agent. They are a dime a dozen. Trade them for draft picks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT