ADVERTISEMENT

Something different - last fight.

Cray and I met up over the weekend. I beat him like a rented mule. It was so bad that he denounced Trump, and promised to vote straight Dem in Novmember.

Seriously though, I was in one fight in middle school, got punched in the face, and decided I wanted to be everyone's friend from then on. Smiling and laughing with testosterone filled troglodytes seemed less painful than a broken nose or rearranged teeth. I got enough of that both playing sanctioned sports and the stupid shit guys did in those days growing up in small towns with nothing to do.

Cray and I met up over the weekend. I beat him like a rented mule. It was so bad that he denounced Trump, and promised to vote straight Dem in Novmember.

Seriously though, I was in one fight in middle school, got punched in the face, and decided I wanted to be everyone's friend from then on. Smiling and laughing with testosterone filled troglodytes seemed less painful than a broken nose or rearranged teeth. I got enough of that both playing sanctioned sports and the stupid shit guys did in those days growing up in small towns with nothing to do.
Hahahaha. I was in a club one time where you had to get on an elevator to leave. My best friend was talking shit the entire time to the bouncers. They got our crew to the elevator and the one monster of a bouncer was still jawing. I go shut up we're leaving. First thing I said the entire time. My buddy's shitty behavior got us thrown out. Just as we entered the elevator and it was starting to close the bouncer sucker punched me in the jaw. To this day I feel it.

Anyway we got in the car and as we're driving me and my friends were drunk screaming at my buddy who started it all. He just sat in silence and didn't reply. Then after riding in silence for a long while he goes: Man. Can't believe that guy hit you. I'd never let someone do me like that.

25 years later I'm still mad at my buddy

Last edited:
Hahahaha. I was in a club one time where you had to get on an elevator to leave. My best friend was talking shit the entire time to the bouncers. They got our crew to the elevator and the one monster of a bouncer was still jawing. I go shut up we're leaving. First thing I said the entire time. My buddy's shitty behavior got us thrown out. Just as we entered the elevator and it was starting to close the bouncer sucked punched me in the jaw. To this day I feel it.

Anyway we got in the car and as we're driving me and my friends were drunk screaming at my buddy who started it all. He just sat in silence and didn't reply. Then after riding in silence for a long while he goes: Man. Can't believe that guy hit you. I'd never let someone do me like that.

25 years later I'm still mad at my buddy
Wait a couple more decades, then out of the blue, kick him in the balls.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Lol. I’ve never hit anyone in anger and I’ve never been hit in anger. But I’ve had a few attorneys go all Goat on me. One was even held in contempt.

My suspicion is we wouldn't want any part of a fight with Cray. He strikes me as one of these guys who has never lifted a weight in his life, but has big swollen knuckles and scars on his arms from engine burns and a grip like a vice from pulling out bolts that are rusted and stuck. In other words, a real man. Like we used to make. Not office sissies like us. To see him you probably have no idea if he's 40 or 70, or really what year it even is, but one thing is certain: he doesn't suffer fools and he'd make your ears touch as soon as buy ya a beer. And he ain't voting for an administration that hires this guy.

55628340-8dd6-11ec-be5e-e1be01fe8c2f

My suspicion is we wouldn't want any part of a fight with Cray. He strikes me as one of these guys who has never lifted a weight in his life, but has big swollen knuckles and scars on his arms from engine burns and a grip like a vice from pulling out bolts that are rusted and stuck. In other words, a real man. Like we used to make. Not office sissies like us. To see him you probably have no idea if he's 40 or 70, or really what year it even is, but one thing is certain: he doesn't suffer fools and he'd make your ears touch as soon as buy ya a beer. And he ain't voting for an administration that hires this guy.

If someone had time and the inclination, he should draw up a March Madness style bracket of UFC fights between Water Cooler posters.

I've got AlohaHoosier as a #1 seed.

I'm picturing this guy...who, by all accounts, is pretty tough.

MV5BY2M1YjQxNTMtOTFiYS00YzJkLWEwOTktYmY5Y2NiZDdlMDYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxNDg0Nzc@._V1_.jpg

If someone had time and the inclination, he should draw up a March Madness style bracket of UFC fights between Water Cooler posters.

You know he was an officer, right? Navy, to boot.

My money's on Rockport Zebra. Former 1st Shirt. Certified bad-ass.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

I wouldn't bet against Ranger to whoop my arse. He's younger, probably more fit, and he's had actual combat experience. Same with Bing. I know Bing and not only is he about 6'4'' and 220 and super fit, he also has combat experience. Although I've thought about how I'd try to beat him in a fight (it's a thing I do in my mind actually) I don't really think I could do more than temporarily harm him and piss him off unless I got really lucky in my initial move. ;) I'd see Bing as 1 and Ranger as 2, but only because I know Bing. Also, if it's a supervised fight, there are rules . . .

I wouldn't bet against Ranger to whoop my arse. He's younger, probably more fit, and he's had actual combat experience. Same with Bing. I know Bing and not only is he about 6'4'' and 220 and super fit, he also has combat experience. Although I've thought about how I'd try to beat him in a fight (it's a thing I do in my mind actually) I don't really think I could do more than temporarily harm him and piss him off unless I got really lucky in my initial move. ;) I'd see Bing as 1 and Ranger as 2, but only because I know Bing. Also, if it's a supervised fight, there are rules . . .
Not pertaining to your post, but my dad used to have a saying about 2 guys who either talked a good game or squared off and never threw a punch:

One was a coward and the other was glad of it.

I think that applies to a lot of situations.

Never saw a need to purposely lift a weight just to do it. Worked with a guy when I was young, used a paint scraper like he was massaging an ant and then went and busted ass at a gym for an hr. I take you with humor, a few people I don't , never felt the need for shame of being able to take care of myself . Never been in a fight, never needed to be in one. Close once when some tripping dude came from nowhere trying to pour a pitcher of beer on me. I got my foot out and got him right in the sack from my stool and the bouncer took him out and beat the shit out of him. I'm the guy that helps the guy with the rusted bolts get them out but I have busted knuckles, put a cpl stitches in myself and went on working. My friends also include a college art professor for 35 yrs who sells his work all over, a former Federal Court Judge who passed some yrs back amongst others. be careful how much you read into people as you are apt to be mistaken about a lot reading a message board.

Never saw a need to purposely lift a weight just to do it. Worked with a guy when I was young, used a paint scraper like he was massaging an ant and then went and busted ass at a gym for an hr. I take you with humor, a few people I don't , never felt the need for shame of being able to take care of myself . Never been in a fight, never needed to be in one. Close once when some tripping dude came from nowhere trying to pour a pitcher of beer on me. I got my foot out and got him right in the sack from my stool and the bouncer took him out and beat the shit out of him. I'm the guy that helps the guy with the rusted bolts get them out but I have busted knuckles, put a cpl stitches in myself and went on working. My friends also include a college art professor for 35 yrs who sells his work all over, a former Federal Court Judge who passed some yrs back amongst others. be careful how much you read into people as you are apt to be mistaken about a lot reading a message board.
I think I remember you telling me that you didn't like me, but that was an awesome post.
Thanks...sincerely.

Reactions: Crayfish57
hmmm...

Do I click on "Show ignored content" or not...

I'll pass. Probably a DANC-pile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT