ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts from the game.....

DANC

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
I haven't watched the game on replay yet, but a few hot takes....

-Fryfogle has been trying to get YAC to the detriment of actually catching the ball. After his last drop, every he caught every ball thrown to him and looked that ball into his stomach and CLUTCHED the ball. I don't know that he even got any YAC on those, but they were clutch catches when we needed them.

-Buckley also had the drops - again - but he also caught a couple at the end. I was ready to declare him a bust, but with Matthews' injury, he's going to be needed.

-OK, I've seen enough of our OL to come to the conclusion that they ain't very good. I'm not sure if it's a chemistry thing, but all these guys have played enough to look better than this. I know WKU is probably a good Defense, but they looked like the Steelers against us in the red zone. I'd like for someone who knows these things to comment - is it a chemistry problem? Philosophical change in how we're blocking? Talent? I thought there was no way we'd look worse than last year, but I think we do. We used to be pretty decent at pass protection, but not now.

-I was glad to see us not run on every first down. I think it helped our running game by not being so predictable. Maybe Sheridan reads this forum?

-Our red zone offense is horrendous. Remember when we used to pass to the middle of the field and not those fade routes? Seems like our passing plays take so long to develop, it's easy for the defense to know where the ball is going.

-Haven't watched the replay on TV, but how in the hell did their receivers get so wide open on at least 2 of their TD passes? Those were ridiculous.

-I thought WKU looked sharp. They're very well coached and their QB is deadly. I never had confidence our Defense would stop them.

-As I said in another post, our MVP should be the WKU coach, who punted on 4th down and for not doing an onside kick - there were 2 gaps a mile wide on our line. I was sure they were going to kick it in one of those gaps.

-If I hear "Anotherrrrrr Hilltopper......" I guess the crowd was supposed to say "FIRST DOWN". God, that was annoying.

-Very glad for the win

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News